Supermium

13 minutes ago, Hunterw said:

EE360 13.5 and Firefox 52.9 won't open the Github asset dropdown - _ -

you are likely to find direct download links if you read the previous posting :whistle:

58 minutes ago, Milkinis said:

you are likely to find direct download links if you read the previous posting :whistle:

Uh huh. Well it's not on the first page, so this riddle is not interesting.

3 hours ago, Hunterw said:

ok. you want others to do it for you...enjoy your Firefox 52.

20 hours ago, Hunterw said:

You want to download supermium? Here you go, enjoy. You should've asked D.Draker in the first place.

For Vista/7, I suggest the only one - 117. Though! Secure DNS fixed for Windows Vista/7 were only fixed in 118, but 118 feels heavier.

https://github.com/win32ss/supermium/releases

Everyone on XP, simply give up any attempts to accelerate anything with GPU on XP, completely block GPU process, and this will give a boost for your starting up.

22 hours ago, Milkinis said:

you would want to delete these files or replace them with something else with the same file name.
api-ms-win-core-string-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-synch -l1-2-0.dll

Na-ah, that just breaks other applications. I don't have a problem with chrome.dll having to be relocated at runtime. Can still move Chrome's DLLs a bit further from default address, which is better approach since those are larger than api* ones.

rebase.exe -b 10040000 chrome.dll libEGL.dll libGLESv2.dll vk_swiftshader.dll vulkan-1.dll

21 hours ago, XPerceniol said:
22 hours ago, Milkinis said:

--disable-gpu-compositing

Actually this has improved things for me - thanks! as it turned out, that didn't help much if at all; at least on my Dell 745 Optiplex.

This flag is pointless since what it disables is non-functional on XP to begin with. And there's a checkbox for it in the settings anyway.

I never use disable that on supported systems anyway, it's basically saying: "I don't want to use my graphics card that I paid good money for, I prefer the slow laggy and choppy graphics content, animations and scrolling."

Or: "My onboard GPU and drivers suck so I have to turn the acceleration off to avoid bugs and glitches."

Edited by UCyborg

3 hours ago, UCyborg said:

This flag is pointless since what it disables is non-functional on XP to begin with. And there's a checkbox for it in the settings anyway.

I never use disable that on supported systems anyway, it's basically saying: "I don't want to use my graphics card that I paid good money for, I prefer the slow laggy and choppy graphics content, animations and scrolling."

Or: "My onboard GPU and drivers suck so I have to turn the acceleration off to avoid bugs and glitches."

No, it's rather "I have a 15-20 years old CPU, which sucks that much, so I have to use use all available hardware (including the GPU) in a desperate attempt to squeeze out every bit of what is left of my hopelessly outdated PC".

P.S. "Even 20 years ago my CPU sucked big time 'cause I chose the cheapest from the low end line".

2 hours ago, D.Draker said:

No, it's rather "I have a 15-20 years old CPU, which sucks that much, so I have to use use all available hardware (including the GPU) in a desperate attempt to squeeze out every bit of what is left of my hopelessly outdated PC".

P.S. "Even 20 years ago my CPU sucked big time 'cause I chose the cheapest from the low end line".

With your evidently superb hardware, 125 shouldn't be an issue. In fact: why vista (and then its business version) when you could be on windows 11, I wonder.