Supermium

Win32 aims at a much bigger crowd rather than us, such folks care about automatic updates, Googel sync, DRM, Nvidia "shield" or whatever ir's called. Just read what they order at the github's page.

It's understandable, esp. if we consider the browser seem to follow a commercial route. 

2 hours ago, Milkinis said:

:( :( :( 

c'mon do not throw in the towel 

I won't, but its too slow on my system with me aged hardware, but I'll keep it around. Honestly, Mypal68 is gonna stay my default browser for now and 360 for what Mypal wont load and New Moon 28 as a backup. Sorry I'm out of likes/upvotes. 

Edited by XPerceniol

10 hours ago, VistaLover said:

... You do have DRM-enabled web browsers under Win7+, but NOT for that long ;) ...
Google :realmad: own the Widevine CDM (blackboxed, closed-source module that deals with DRM decryption) and while themselves have stopped supporting Win7/8/8.1 in their main browser (Chrome), they have prolonged Win7 support in the CDM because their sidekicks, Mozilla, still support those OSes in their Fx115esr branch (until autumn this year?) and, guess what, that branch still ships with a version of Widevine CDM (licenced by Google) that should work on those OSes - after Mozilla drops Win7/8/8.1 support, all bets are off... Win7 will inevitably become like Vista SP2, where the CDM doesn't work at all :( in any supported browser, so all those "compatible ones" will cease working then :yes: ...

Yep Firefox ESR is my browser on Seven, it is full DRM compatible. Concerning end of support target is October, but wait.... Why searching for a browser now for November ?

11 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

The X-Chromium loader works perfectly fine.  You have to use the .ini correctly and adhere to folder/file structure.  

Fixed.

I downloaded Supermium portable and created two more folders (bin + chrome) on top of the root folder. 

https://github.com/adeii/supermium-portable/releases/tag/v121

screenshot-23.png

To make it work with xp and 2003 you have to

1. Download the installer
  2. Extract the installer with 7-zip
  3. Extract the installer which was inside the installer with 7-zip
  4. Extract the .7z archive which was inside the installer which was inside the installer with 7-zip :D
  5. Copy the progwrap.dll located outside of the secon installer to the same directory as main .exe file
  6. And then it should work

obraz.png.472bb7f7e9f7aec0b7b459be58a138bc.png

Why such an extracting nonsense?

Probably to still keep the project open-source and at the same time charge lazy non-tech experienced users for the premium installer on XP.

Not a bad idea actually.

obraz.png.1c51a02ec85a5e91e90b772a19d61f98.png

As you can see fonts look ugly on XP and you can't access settings for them (not the case for Vista+).

I actually prefer the way Pale Moon handles fonts in general compared to Chrome, so on XP I would rather recommend New Moon as main and Supermium as a secondary browser

But the fact that it works at all is just amazing! :thumbup Such a great project with such a terrible generic name :yes:

And the icon as also not great, you can change which icon you see (at least outside of the program) by swapping the icon group in chrome.exe and chrome.dll

52 minutes ago, TSNH said:

To make it work with xp and 2003 you have to

1. Download the installer
  2. Extract the installer with 7-zip
  3. Extract the installer which was inside the installer with 7-zip
  4. Extract the .7z archive which was inside the installer which was inside the installer with 7-zip :D
  5. Copy the progwrap.dll located outside of the secon installer to the same directory as main .exe file
  6. And then it should work

No, it doesn't... :(

42 minutes ago, nicolaasjan said:

No, it doesn't... :(

On Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3, for me, chrome.exe runs silently for a brief moment, then exists also silently.

Edited by Ascii2

I also use a fully patched XP with POSReady updates until 2019 and for me it works out of the box after extracting. I didn't have to copy any dll files to make it work or something like that...

10 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

do NOT use PosReady updates!  Unsure if this is why Supermium WORKS on my XP but not on your "XP".

Why such an unfriendly answer on this sunny Sunday morning? :unsure:

45 minutes ago, athlonxpuser said:

I also use a fully patched XP with POSReady updates until 2019 and for me it works out of the box after extracting. I didn't have to copy any dll files to make it work or something like that...

100% agreed. :yes: