Supermium

3 hours ago, nicolaasjan said:
[0127/124610.456:ERROR:crashpad_client_win.cc(144)] crash server failed to launch, self-terminating

This one can be safely ignored, in fact it's even advisable to disable crashpad completely, and looks like it's been disabled already, hence the message.

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

MANUALLY placed the .dll into your system32 folder

Yes, thanks for the investigation! So it's by no means portable by anyone's standards.

2 hours ago, Milkinis said:

Nope. :unsure:

Obviously this browser will need a specially written starter app. I wanted to consider writing my own launcher, but seeing the browser is not portable (thanks to @NotHereToPlayGames), I'll hold my horses for now.

32 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Until Supermium is "ungoogled", I don't plan on ever doing anything with it.

4 minutes ago, Dixel said:

seeing the browser is not portable I'll hold my horses for now.

:( :( :( 

c'mon do not throw in the towel 

3 hours ago, nicolaasjan said:

Still no luck...

Debug log:

[0127/124608.954:ERROR:registration_protocol_win.cc(136)] TransactNamedPipe: The pipe has been ended. (0x6D)
[0127/124610.456:ERROR:crashpad_client_win.cc(144)] crash server failed to launch, self-terminating

What's the level of your XP updates? What Service pack?

3 hours ago, Milkinis said:

:( :( :( 

c'mon do not throw in the towel 

Trust me, I'm not. Let me explain.  I've been waiting for this browser, I had discussions with win32 in the past, I thought we shared common way of seeing things, I mean heavily privacy oriented browser and what not,

but seeing the project follows the other way around, with such things like google sync, it's simply not the road for me. I want to see full portability and as less fingerprinting as possible.

42 minutes ago, Dixel said:

Obviously this browser will need a specially written starter app.

The X-Chromium loader works perfectly fine.  You have to use the .ini correctly and adhere to folder/file structure.  Then there are no registry writes and there are no permanent files stored in Local Settings.

I did not try the 360Chrome loader as I've always used X-Chromium for all forks other than 360Chrome and only use the 360Chrome loader for 360Chrome.  Both require knowledge of their respective .ini files.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

1 hour ago, seven4ever said:

it will remain not DRM compatible. On Seven + we have compatible ones.

... You do have DRM-enabled web browsers under Win7+, but NOT for that long ;) ...
Google :realmad: own the Widevine CDM (blackboxed, closed-source module that deals with DRM decryption) and while themselves have stopped supporting Win7/8/8.1 in their main browser (Chrome), they have prolonged Win7 support in the CDM because their sidekicks, Mozilla, still support those OSes in their Fx115esr branch (until autumn this year?) and, guess what, that branch still ships with a version of Widevine CDM (licenced by Google) that should work on those OSes - after Mozilla drops Win7/8/8.1 support, all bets are off... Win7 will inevitably become like Vista SP2, where the CDM doesn't work at all :( in any supported browser, so all those "compatible ones" will cease working then :yes: ...

Edited by VistaLover

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

And cookie tied to machine ID has never been a concern for me.

So again, I leave that for those whom find that as a concern for their needs.

I think you missed my reply, even if we leave aside the cookkie subject, this is still not portable, especially with the need of having files in the system32 folder.