Future of Chromium on older Windows 10 versions and RTM.

Dixel

6 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Until when-and-only-when we see a Google Bug Report specifically cite MSFN, then NO, they don't base their development from our "rants".

That's not what I said. :no: We can't say yes or no. A Boolean evaluation is not possible. Both is possible. That's what I said. :yes:

14 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

So Schrödinger's cat is both alive and dead, got it.  :cheerleader:

This is true if we were talking about quantum physical states. But a theory in the macroscopic space (and that's what we are talking about) can only have one of two states, either true or false. We have to prove it. Until we have done that, we cannot say yes (true) or no (false). :no: But both at once, as in the quantum physical world, that cannot happen in the macroscopic world at all. nimportequoi.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Linguistically revised for clarity

On 9/18/2023 at 11:14 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Coincidence ≠ Proof

That's right. But of course, no proof also does not mean a theory is incorrectalbert.gif Think, for example, of Fermat's Last Theorem:o

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

On 9/13/2023 at 11:16 AM, TSNH said:

Basically these are the key differences:

Disadvantages of 1511:

• No LTSB version
  • .NET Framework 4 is limited to 4.6.2. Most developers have already moved to .NET 5+ versions which do work.

I haven't done any performance tests

are you sure? ;)

don't believe the truth

Net Framework 4.8 can be installed on 1511 / 10586

Edited by sonyu

On 9/23/2023 at 2:42 AM, sonyu said:

are you sure? ;)

don't believe the truth

Net Framework 4.8 can be installed on 1511 / 10586

Since Windows 8.0 .NET Framework are being installed using Windows Update .cab packages which are designed for specific OS builds and not build-neutral .msi installers.

So it's kind of like with Windows 8.0 (both did't receive any update past 4.6.2) except that 8.0 had a Server equivalent with the same build number while 1511 does not.

If you know how to install Windows updates on Windows version with different build numbers then please let me know, that would be a huge breakthrough! :)

EDIT:

Apparently this has already been achieved :thumbup

Edited by TSNH

5 hours ago, TSNH said:

Since Windows 8.0 .NET Framework are being installed using Windows Update .cab packages which are designed for specific OS builds and not build-neutral .msi installers.

So it's kind of like with Windows 8.0 (both did't receive any update past 4.6.2) except that 8.0 had a Server equivalent with the same build number while 1511 does not.

If you know how to install Windows updates on Windows version with different build numbers then please let me know, that would be a huge breakthrough! :)

EDIT:

Chrome doesn't require those to be installed to run on any versions of Windows 10.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2023 at 12:56 PM, TSNH said:

EDIT:

abbodi1406 has made an installer of .net 4.8 for 10 1507 and 1511, and it works perfectly, although you need to install it from windows pe with powershell support, but otherwise, it works pretty well, here is the link to the installer

https://github.com/abbodi1406/WHD/raw/master/scripts/dotNetFx48-1507_1511_refresh.zip

• 2 weeks later...