My Browser Builds (Part 4)

7 hours ago, nicolaasjan said:

Can you share what you modified, please?

The very last "section" basically allows you to add any .css that you want.

Granted, my Google experience is also heavily Stylus'd so I did not test this independent of my Stylus userstyle.

In bold is the tiny mod I made -

<excerpt>
// And some additional styles
let styles = `
    <style type="text/css">
        #restored-pagination.AaVjTc {
            margin: 30px auto 30px;
        }
        #restored-pagination.AaVjTc td {
            padding: 0;
            text-align: center;
        }
        #restored-pagination.AaVjTc a:link {
            color: ${isDarkMode ? "#8ab4f8" : "#4285f4"};
            font-weight: normal;
        }
        #restored-pagination .SJajHc {
            background: url(/images/nav_logo321_hr.webp) no-repeat;
            background-size: 167px;
            overflow: hidden;
            background-position: 0 0;
            height: 40px;
            display: block;
        }
        #restored-pagination .NVbCr {
            cursor: pointer;
        }
        #restored-pagination .YyVfkd {
            color: ${isDarkMode ? "#bdc1c6" : "#202124"};
        }

.T7sFge {
            display: none;

}

</style>
`;
</excerpt>

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

35 minutes ago, VistaLover said:
5 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Do you see any advantages in using Violentmonkey instead of Tampermonkey? Maybe, in terms of script compatibility? Or is it just a personal preference in the end?

... The short version of it is both :P ; long version below:

Having originally been a Mozilla Firefox fan only, my first acquaintance to Userscript Managers was via the XUL/legacy version of Greasemonkey ; at some point in time, this was converted to the much restrictive WE format :(, to which I did never migrate...

When I started using the UXP-based browsers, NM28 initially, I migrated to the UXP-fork Greasemonkey for Pale Moon (now an abandonware :(), which was also kept when I decided to move over from NM28 to Serpent 52 (because the latter had kept support for WE - I needed to use Stylus there, because many of my preferred userstyles had migrated over to the "user.css" format, which Stylem doesn't support :() ...

While in St52, I explored the availability of actively maintained WE userscript managers, the two more prominent choices were Tampermonkey and Violentmonkey; TBH, I was quite miffed :realmad: that TM had already dropped support for Fx52-level platforms, with only a much older version being installable in St52 (I have v4.11.6120beta archived on disk) ; additionally, while TM was in the past open-source, it had already moved by then to closed-source development...

OTOH, Violentmonkey was, and still is, open-source and actively supported Fx52/St52, so I chose to install VM in St52 and have kept it ever since :); when I started experimenting with the Chromium derivatives that support Vista SP2 32-bit, I installed VM there, too, because I had grown accustomed to it ;) ... 

As far as script compatibility is concerned, it's true that most userscript authors first target TM, because it's more popular I guess; but VM should also do the job in the 99% of cases; incidentally, the "Restored Pagination for Google" userscript works better in VM than TM, it says so in its code: 

// @match only allows wildcards for the TLD in ViolentMonkey, not in TamperMonkey or other alternatives

Ultimately, it's down to the English saying: "whatever tickles your fancy" :whistle:and for me it's VM...

Thank you for the detailed report! I disabled TM in Mypal 68 and installed VM. I'll test both, but of course not in combination. :P

45 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

Kindest greetings (in the hope you're not under 2m of snow there ;) ) ...

Here, we had only snow for two days. Things look a little different in the south of Germany.

Greetings from Germany, AstroSkipper cafe.gif

Here is a problem for the experts of this forum:

https://www.huk24.de/zugang/registrierung/anmeldedaten

HUK24  is a German insurance cpmpany.

I tried to register on their online portal to gain
access to my account.

But the access to the account is blocked
by something they call

friendlyCaptcha  (https://friendlycaptcha.com)

After entering the e-mail address and password,
the next step is the anti-robot-verification:

Anti-Roboter-Verifizierung
Hier klicken   (click here)

This anti-robot-verification seems to be an endless loop
with the latest versions of NM28 and St52.
And SSUAO does not help.

Any ideas how to solve this (unfriendly) friendlyCaptcha problem ?

2 hours ago, anton12 said:

access to my account.

by something they call

And SSUAO does not help.

My first advice is to use other, more modern browsers. When I try to access such services, I always do it using my Android 9 tablet with most recent browsers such as Opera, Kiwi, Brave or Firefox. But just for you, I also tried to access this website with Mypal 68, and the verification says I am a human. That makes me feel better. :P I was already thinking I was a cat. wavingbcat.gif At next, I tried New Moon 28. The verification took much longer than in Mypal 68. This is my result in NM 28:

NM28-HUK24.png

NM 28 seems to have passed successfully the verification. But I can't get any further. I don't have an account there and don't want one. Hope I could help you a bit. BTW, there are a few errors in the Web Console regarding this website.

Cheers, AstroSkipper 236.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

.T7sFge {
            display: none;

Thanks!

So basically the same as @VistaLover achieved with his uBO "hack". :)

However, since my default search when using Google goes via "Advanced Search", I'm afraid this script will not be useful in my case... :(

As I stated in my previous post, there page 2 and onward lead to search results for "null" (obviously not what I'm looking for). :o

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:
        }
+
+       .T7sFge {
+           display: none;
+       }
+
    </style>

Many thanks for this :thumbup ; in the end, I used your hint and integrated there (inside the userscript) the uBO cosmetic filter I posted earlier ;) ; it saves slightly more vertical pixels than your code alone; since I'm on a small laptop screen, any vertical space saved counts! :P

}
+
+       #cc, .w7LJsc.WZH4jc {
+           display: none !important;
+       }
    </style>

33 minutes ago, nicolaasjan said:

As I stated in my previous post, there page 2 and onward lead to search results for "null" (obviously not what I'm looking for). :o

I can confirm that. There is indeed a "null" problem with the script "Restored Pagination for Google" starting from page two when using the advanced search, even in Mypal 68. Thus, I use the script "Return Pagination to Google" instead.

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

33 minutes ago, nicolaasjan said:

since my default search when using Google goes via "Advanced Search", I'm afraid this script will not be useful in my case... :(

2 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

There is a problem with the script "Restored Pagination for Google" when using the advanced search, even in Mypal 68.

Both of you are GitHub account owners :P , there's a comment section at the bottom of the userscript's homepage (it's being hosted on GitHub Gist), so, perhaps, if the author was made aware, he could investigate and, hopefully, accommodate it for Google's Advanced Search :dubbio:... Just saying :P ... 

16 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

Both of you are GitHub account owners :P , there's a comment section at the bottom of the userscript's homepage (it's being hosted on GitHub Gist), so, perhaps, if the author was made aware, he could investigate and, hopefully, accommodate it for Google's Advanced Search :dubbio:... Just saying :P ... 

I second that.

I still prefer that version's cosmetics and while I see the "null" error in the Error Console, I see zero effects on layout or search results but I also never search Google while "logged in".

I do perform "advanced searches" but strictly via URL snips or Proxomitron.

52 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

Done! :P

3 hours ago, anton12 said:

access to my account.

by something they call

And SSUAO does not help.

This is what it gave me when I accessed your link (to try to replicate your issue) through the latest version of St52. :dubbio:

Cttzh-TLXs5.png

Edited by mina7601

On 12/3/2023 at 11:39 PM, loblolly986 said:

One search engine I keep forgetting to use is Startpage, which delivers Google results (that they pay Google to use) without the tracking; I just tried it, and am pleased to report it still uses traditional pagination.

StartPage happens to be my preferred and default search engine. One feature I like is that you can set the page size to 20 results vs. 10, so you can keep traditional pagination without having to hit "Next" quite so often.

As a result I haven't used Google search directly in quite some time, and hence was unaware of the scrolling bug on Serpent 55.

Hallo  AstroSkipper  and  mina7601,
Thank you very much for your help with the HUK24
verification (friendlyCaptcha) issue !

@AstroSkipper , you wrote:

At next, I tried New Moon 28.
The verification took much longer than in Mypal 68.

AstroSkipper, can you please tell how much time (minutes) it took  for
Mypal 68  and NM28 to pass the verification ?

mina7601, please can you also tell how much time it took  for
St52  for the verification process ?

Did you, AstroSkipper and mina7601 , use extensions or special settings

for NM28 or St52 ?

Edited by anton12

3 hours ago, anton12 said:

AstroSkipper, can you please tell how much time (minutes) it took  for
Mypal 68  and NM28 to pass the verification ?

In Mypal 68, the verification process lasted exactly 1 minute. I measured it from this registration form

Mypal-68-HUK24.png

to this success message when clicking the button "Hier klicken":

Mypal-68-HUK24-2.png

In New Moon 28, it took much longer, maybe five to six times as long. For me, much too long. :crazy:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

Good lord...minutes!? It goes through in 7 seconds here, both St52 and Mypal 68. 360Chrome is through in 5 seconds. My Xperia E3 takes almost 40 seconds though, it's on Chromium 118 engine. You guys really do browse the web with computers that are equivalent of putting a Ford Model T on a modern highway...

Edited by UCyborg