Future of Chrome on Windows 7

yoltboy01

On 4/22/2023 at 2:00 AM, adi2137px said:

I did find 109.0.5414.149 msi version download link but not .exes. https://support.google.com/chrome/a/thread/185534987

Just out of pure interest - is the title bar blinking in Chinese browsers when you press the New tab button?

I don't like the idea of using one of them, but maybe I should give it a try if it is not? I mean, Chrome devs will remove the "xp-theme" flag some day for sure.

On 8/1/2023 at 6:53 PM, upadi said:

I did find 109.0.5414.149 msi version download link but not .exes

x86:

https://www.google.com/dl/release2/chrome/adjs6spifue5dxngiogotsz633pq_109.0.5414.149/109.0.5414.149_chrome_installer.exe

x64:

https://www.google.com/dl/release2/chrome/oeecyq7z2j4yyfoa4cev5c4o7e_109.0.5414.149/109.0.5414.149_chrome_installer.exe

Source: reddit ;) ...

Edited by VistaLover

33 minutes ago, adi2137px said:

yeah that was mine post

Many thanks, then :thumbup ...

33 minutes ago, adi2137px said:

and links are the same as i sent before

... before? :dubbio:

BTW, the EXEs have SHA-256 digital signatures of June 7th, 2023 ;) ...

@win32, as I don't have a github acc., answering the question "Why does Geforce Now claim this Browser is unsupported?" here.

Try to completely disable ClientHints, not to spoof them, as I was able to use Geforce Now on an old Chrome 106, spoofed as 111 via my app.

I got no unsupported warnings.

Random.org's secure Cloudflare check has returned, but this time it never completes on the latest supported Chrome on Win7 x86. I can get that version number later.

It does complete on Chrome 109.0.5414.120 64-bit.

32-bit version has same version number but of course (32-bit) at the end.

Edited by Tripredacus

Hello guys, I have a very similar problem an a newer PC (well, it is not new, but it is better than an old one) on Windows 10.

From some point in time about 1-2 weeks ago official non-portable Chrome started to show me white screen for 40-50 seconds on the first launch. Not only the first one - it repeats when I close Chrome and don't use it for a while. My OS and Chrome are located both on a SATA SSD on drive C:\.

I have scanned my PC for viruses and nothing was found. No CPU and GPU activity when idle, the OS build number is 1909.

I think it began when Chrome updated itself to one of the newest versions (was 115.x when I checked it yesterday evening, now is 116.0.5845.97 but the problem is still there).

Any ideas on how to fix it? I don't want to remove all of my browsing history as I did on the old PC :(

EDIT: I live in Russia, so maybe the reason can be in one of the IP which Chrome is trying to connect on startup is being blocked by the government. I don't use the VPN on a constant basis, since it costs money, and most of the free options are either being blocked or have very limited traffic available. Can I somehow find out what are the blocked addresses and redirect them to my own web server returning something like HTTP 404?

Edited by Alex654

8 hours ago, Alex654 said:

Any ideas on how to fix it? I don't want to remove all of my browsing history as I did on the old PC :(

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default

here is the folder where you chrome history is saved in and you can easily restore everything (bookmarks, extensions, sessions, downloads...) into a fresh browser install

Edited by Milkinis

I was under the impression that the white screen at startup was due to Google trying to install an update that was previously downloaded. Back when Chrome was supported on Win7 I would see this every day I opened the browser, but since there are no more updates, it just opens right away.