Future of Chrome on Windows 7

yoltboy01

4 minutes ago, win32 said:

Do you have those?

No, I only have all Windows 7 updates up to 2020-01. I even tested on a clean install with no updates, and still the same.

Edited by mina7601

1 hour ago, mina7601 said:

No, I only have all Windows 7 updates up to 2020-01. I even tested on a clean install with no updates, and still the same.

I just installed 2020-01 and will be able to test ASAP.

I'm really surprised that it would fare worse with a higher update level, considering it's working good on Windows Vista (sandbox included!) and 8.

11 hours ago, win32 said:

I'm really surprised that it would fare worse with a higher update level, considering it's working good on Windows Vista (sandbox included!) and 8.

It doesn't work for me, also. It starts for a second .... and then the window just disappears.

Windows 7 and Vista, both.

Windows 7 is updated to Jan. 2020 .

Vista is updated to May 2019. Build 6003.

Both computers have nVidia cards (you said it helps to run with the sandbox function).

On 5/12/2023 at 12:06 AM, win32 said:

On 5/12/2023 at 8:48 AM, Cocodile said:

It doesn't work for me, also. It starts for a second .... and then the window just disappears.

Windows 7 and Vista, both.

Windows 7 is updated to Jan. 2020 .

Vista is updated to May 2019. Build 6003.

Both computers have nVidia cards (you said it helps to run with the sandbox function).

I just tried and it works - only if I use the extended list of my flags + the famous NO sanbox. But works very good, I mean, it starts faster than its counterparts. Other than that, I had no time to fully test.

EDIT:

But I'm sure it's good because it was made by win32 (c).

Edited by D.Draker

On 5/12/2023 at 12:06 AM, win32 said:

I currently run Vista at March 2019, also 6003 (had to because of the two games from 2022). The only way to run is like I said above. And you're right, it works on Win 7 without the updates at all.

I have a question, is it supposed to have a highlighted (on the top, with a blindingly white colour)  new tab when it's unused ? I'm using the dark theme flags.

Also, another important question, is it fully portable ? Will machine ID off flag work ?

Does it understand disable-encryption ? Thanks.

And a suggestion to remove the portion of the code which creates BrowserMetrics-xxxxxxxx-xxxxx.pma in the BrowserMetrics folder and BrowserMetrics-spare.pma in the data folder.

It can be lots of them ! Each is 4mb or so. Created every start.

These ones have all of the info about ones PC , from what I gather through GetOEMCP and similar,

On 5/13/2023 at 6:51 AM, D.Draker said:

Also, another important question, is it fully portable ? Will machine ID off flag work ?

Does it understand disable-encryption ? Thanks.

it's not, it resets the profile, if brought to another PC. So as any usual chrome version and opera.

On 5/12/2023 at 3:06 AM, win32 said:

I forgot to add that, it works on Windows 7, only if i add --no-sandbox in Supermium's desktop shortcut, otherwise, it won't work with sandbox included. I still thank you for your work on your own Chromium, though.

24 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

I forgot to add that, it works on Windows 7, only if i add --no-sandbox in Supermium's desktop shortcut, otherwise, it won't work with sandbox included. I still thank you for your work on your own Chromium, though.

Did you update to the latest release of Supermium?

18 hours ago, win32 said:

Did you update to the latest release of Supermium?

No, but I looked at Supermium's Github page, and noticed there's a new release available; 115.0.5760.0 R2. I will test that, and then report the results.