Future of Chrome on Windows 7

yoltboy01

4 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

With limited testing on v112.3.4.3, the only time I witness any odd connections is when "secure DNS" is enabled - making me NOT TRUST this so-called "secure" DNS.

It is better to set up your Operating System to use "secure DNS" than it is to rely on any web browser to perform that task for you, once that is "embedded" into the web browser, it can make ANY connection it wants to!

There are some embedded "always accept cookies" web sites but I've not seen them create cookies so long as you do not visit those web sites.

The embedded list is easily removable in chrome.dll - but I'm left with an "empty" web site instead of a none-added note, so still investigating.

BEWARE of that dodgy browser ! Using it will make you 100% unique ! 

Why ? The sneaky china fella injected a unique identifier right into the browser code !

Go here and you will see :

https://browserleaks.com/javascript

catsxp [object Catsxp]

Everyone will know you're using his browser !

This won't happen with a normal chrome, be it googled or ungoogled.

Will you find what he did and where it's located ????

Guessing no likes for me for uncovering the plot of a "good" china fella, your "saviour" of Win7 userbase.

D.Draker is all that "bad" , saying "nasty" things (the truth, actually) about "poor" and "honest" developers from Asia.

1 hour ago, D.Draker said:

Guessing no likes for me for uncovering the plot of a "good" china fella, your "saviour" of Win7 userbase.

D.Draker is all that "bad" , saying "nasty" things (the truth, actually) about "poor" and "honest" developers from Asia.

I wonder how many years (or maybe decades) will pass before VxKex actually makes it possible to at least run Chromium 110+. Already Vista x64 with extended kernel is now a much better option (although unfortunately not on my second computer) You have a like from me, because I 100% agree with you, I already prefer spying by big corporations than by some individual programmer, because it can have worse consequences.

2 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Guessing no likes for me

This line alone makes me want to NOT do the like!

Why are so many MSFN Members so glued to that d@mn "like"?  This is not a social media web site.

Or did I just fall prey to the oldest trick in the book - "reverse psychology"?

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

2 hours ago, mjd79 said:

I wonder how many years (or maybe decades) will pass before VxKex actually makes it possible to at least run Chromium 110+.

It all depends on the desire of VxKex's developer, honestly.

27 minutes ago, mjd79 said:

I know :)

So, what made you think it could take decades for VxKex's developer to support Chromium 110+? This is a bit overexaggerated, don't you think? Maybe years, ok, but decades sounds like an overexaggeration to me. :dubbio:

Edited by mina7601

19 hours ago, D.Draker said:

The sneaky china fella injected a unique identifier right into the browser code !

Go here and you will see :

https://browserleaks.com/javascript

Easily disabled.

Before:

image.png.66abcbb31a00e8ac4549976e8cf0f460.png

After:

image.png.955ce05f7c23a237c1fceddf46ee0c95.png

It's also disabled in 360Chrome but this could also be v86 versus v112, I did not dig that deep.

image.png.6804da887741d4384d133703adb8a2ac.png

Though if it is of any consolation, SRWare Iron and Opera both do the "Not A Brand" thing also, just like Catsxp:

image.thumb.png.eb1bf55e05a3784ae1cd05ae51b1ea1e.png

image.thumb.png.44e71032bb92ea1bdda6c817755fa180.png

Easily disabled.

Before:

image.png.66abcbb31a00e8ac4549976e8cf0f460.png

After:

image.png.955ce05f7c23a237c1fceddf46ee0c95.png

It's also disabled in 360Chrome but this could also be v86 versus v112, I did not dig that deep.

image.png.6804da887741d4384d133703adb8a2ac.png

Though if it is of any consolation, SRWare Iron and Opera both do the "Not A Brand" thing also, just like Catsxp:

image.thumb.png.eb1bf55e05a3784ae1cd05ae51b1ea1e.png

image.thumb.png.44e71032bb92ea1bdda6c817755fa180.png

You look in the WRONG section!

Of course I know that ClientHints can be switched off, but the injected browser string still works and shown !

And yeah, Opera is also Chinese (so no surprise), not sure who is the owner of the second one now.

Just scroll a bit lower or use Ctrl F and go to window.navigator

EDIT : I usually run with ClientHints OFF, so I didn't even see it has yet another unique fingerprint !!!

Try to disable this :

Screenshot_20230416_1645.png

Edited by D.Draker

Ah.  It will have to be someone else.  I've seen enough in the code to see it's not my next project.

Define "code" . What software did you use to "see the code" ?

35 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Define "code" . What software did you use to "see the code" ?

He is probably talking about hex code, from the code what he would get from IDA would not build a browser.

navigator.userAgentData (Client Hints)
API Status    × Disabled / Not Supported

- I have this (so disabled) in my ancient Chrome forks: SuperBird (Chromium 44), Cent Browser(Version 1.8.9.28), and Iron 49...

In Opera 36 I have Client Hints Enabled...