StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

Here's a clip of the taskbar icon bug:

https://puu.sh/KdxTA/172332de2f.mp4

The video was recorded on 3.8.6 but I'm quite sure it happens on all 3.8x versions. Chrome isn't even pinned in this example, but the other apps are. In my configuration the bottom one (calculator) gets stuck in the same way quite often. This happens even when my secondary monitor is completely disabled, so that Windows is only aware of the single monitor that was recorded in the video.

Please ignore the bottom OBS icon, it was just for recording, but the exact same thing happens without it being present

Edited by sana

On 8/21/2024 at 6:14 PM, Tihiy said:

Well that name is localizable so you can't depend on it

Thanks for the advice.

I have seen that with SAB versions prior to v3.8, when you click on the Start button, there are 2 events generated. One from the [Desktop]->[Button with caption "Start"], the other from [Shell_TrayWnd]->[Start with caption "Start]. With version v3.8+ there is no second event happening anymore. Is this intentional?
Thanks!

image.png.6aa8f1fe5354ba3b3a1ae352f56c4d5c.png

I have a small question: 

How exactly does the SaB auto update feature work?

Every time I check for updates in the properties and install a new version of SaB, I have the auto update checked although despite the release of the new version of SaB, no automatic update takes place by itself that's why I'm not sure if auto update function works at all.

1 hour ago, -RKI- said:

I have a small question: 

Every time I check for updates in the properties and install a new version of SaB, I have the auto update checked although despite the release of the new version of SaB, no automatic update takes place by itself that's why I'm not sure if auto update function works at all.

I believe it is a scheduled task. There are no triggers set though so after looking I'm very curious how @Tihiy sets it off...

@Tihiy With SAB 3.8.x and W11 24h2, there is "File Explorer" added after the directory name in the explorer (title bar and taskbar, and not present with 23h2)
Documents in this example :

With SAB SAB.png  SAB-2.png

Without SAB Wo-SAB.png  Wo-SAB-2.png

How to remove this addition ?

Thanks

Edited by tistou77

Hi @Tihiy!

I've noticed a bug when using Everything Toolbar with StartAllBack 3.8.6. The toolbar spawns a "Deskband host for wpf" button on the taskbar. If I close it, the toolbar disappears.

Screenshot2024-08-13102815.png.c50b6c8a3a7f30d35ae5450303cd43ee.thumb.png.50b0cf3da8fc1ea90fd60324fa11d4f3.png

Screenshot2024-08-13102831.png.5c04e4de105299d1cf109708f34e6674.thumb.png.8d016cbb442086120d1d242347de7060.png

Thanks for your work on this amazing program!

Upgraded to 3.8.6 after windows update for August (26100.1457). The Start Menu icon may be missing on startup or disappears temporarily when clicking multiple times on an empty space on the taskbar. Right clicking can also cause this when no apps open. I'm using enhanced classic taskbar. I tried the various start icons and the all tend to disappear. Hovering over the blank area tends to bring it back after it disappears.

NoIcon.thumb.jpg.ec6e7d557073eea5999e1d51455d8ca8.jpg

Taskbar.thumb.jpg.8cff89a523953484d791a35a7f47a72e.jpg

Edited by click-click

On 8/23/2024 at 2:40 AM, sana said:

Here's a clip of the taskbar icon bug:

Still no, sorry

On 8/23/2024 at 2:36 PM, Gangula said:

Is this intentional?

It is implementation detail.

23 hours ago, -RKI- said:

Each X days update is checked (on logon/unlock/time change), downloaded and installed during logon. Server may not give latest version to auto-update; 3.7.11 is not auto-updated atm.

17 hours ago, tistou77 said:

With SAB

Without SAB

bul*****.

16 hours ago, _ANK_ said:

Deskband host for wpf

Can't reproduce.

2 hours ago, click-click said:

The Start Menu icon may be missing on startup or disappears temporarily when clicking multiple times on an empty space on the taskbar.

You may have some other taskbar "enhancement" app?

After SAB version 7.11.1 I'm having a problem with Widgets. When you click on the widget icon the window opens to the left and as you move the mouse to it the window closes. Taskbar at the top and auto hide is selected

On 8/19/2024 at 11:04 AM, sausje said:

Hey Tihiy,

first of all, thanks for your app. Been using it since Win8 and very grateful you made it.

I recently updated from 3.7.11 (or something like that) to 3.8.4 after slacking on updating. Now however, the (dynamic) segmented taskbar I had on my second screen isn't working anymore, it's not segmented anymore. While the one on my main screen is working flawless. Is this a bug or a deliberate change?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

@Tihiy

I guess you didn't see my post, could you please confirm if this was a change you made or a bug? Thanks

12 minutes ago, sausje said:

I guess you didn't see my post, could you please confirm if this was a change you made or a bug? Thanks

I read all posts. There were no significant changes related to segments; if you can find specific app which affects this (like live wallpaper) please do.

Is this normal when having different chrome's profiles?

Without SAB  wosab.png.0edbd8f1ebf03eacdbe8e3dfc0839536.png

With SAB   wsab.png.eaf103a9dd41fdbca287013f8e8821e6.png

OK @Tihiy you liked my post but what about it?

Is that normal or a bug?

I prefer this one: wosab.png.64206f9fafb395df71dc3d176c48366d.png 

In other words, let Chrome handle the overlay icons, please.

Edited by Mr.X

On 8/25/2024 at 7:48 PM, Tihiy said:

I read all posts. There were no significant changes related to segments; if you can find specific app which affects this (like live wallpaper) please do.

There's nothing running like that.

When I downgrade to 3.7.11, it segments on the second screen again. If I then upgrade to the next version (3.8.1), it breaks again and doesn't segments like it does on the newer version.

Something in between those 2 versions changed or broke that causes this to happen.

Edited by sausje