StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

On 1/14/2024 at 5:44 PM, mackid1993 said:

Make a shortcut to notepad.exe and add the file as an argument then pin that? I mean this is just basic how to use Windows.

...right. It is, and I should've done this. Thanks! That worked :)

22 hours ago, ender` said:

Create a shortcut to that text file somewhere, then drag it to the Start button.

This does not work, it doesn't allow shortcuts to files.

18 hours ago, mackid1993 said:

That's what I just said to do. Ie. shortcut to c:\windows\system32\notepad.exe "c:\path\to\file.txt"

But that's not what I said – creating a shortcut to notepad c:\path\to\file.txt is different from creating a shortcut to c:\path\to\file.txt, since the former forces the file to always open with Notepad, while the latter will use whichever program is associated with .txt files (and if the association changes after the shortcut was created, the file will then open with the newly associated program without having to edit the shortcut at all).

47 minutes ago, DeltaBlast said:

This does not work, it doesn't allow shortcuts to files.

It does work, I tested it before posting (I've had a shortcut to a .txt file pinned in my Start Menu since Windows 7, but with the method I wrote, it works with StartAllBack on Windows 11).

1. Create shortcut:

image.png.b10f392decec686f861d4f88c9e4d123.png

image.png.b91001fb3146d4352fe3b184ae688fde.png

2. drag shortcut to Start Button:

image.png.2261b878f4825b824142442df901cb7d.png

3. shortcut is now pinned in Start Menu:

iMage3.thumb.jpG.dafbb0c375808d8495bc4c5351ed5e1a.jpG

11 hours ago, tistou77 said:

Since then, I found (I hadn't looked before) :)
It's OldNewExplorer that's causing this
And haven't found any other way to have "Use classical drive grouping" in another way

Forgot to specify with SAB installed too (the 2 software are in conflict), it's ok with one or the other

I have purchased a lifetime license for two devices and have the software installed on one of my windows 11 computers, is it possible to uninstall the software off of the current computer and then reinstall it on a different windows 11 computer ?

Edited by Davy49
Updated Comment

16 hours ago, Davy49 said:

Hi,

Are refunds ever issued to users who have purchased a lifetime license and just not satisfied with the software ?

I would email support but I doubt it. The software is like 5 bucks with a generous trial.

4 hours ago, helmutcheese said:

^^ Beat me to it, what a tight tightwad!

Who asks for a refund from a one man shop developer who offers a 100 day free trial and sells his incredibly complex software that should be a subscription based model for at least $30-$50 a year due to the constant updates and complexity for $5. If you're not satisfied with the software you probably shouldn't be using a computer.

9 hours ago, Davy49 said:

Sorry to receive such negative replies, I was simply seeking some information as I'm currently utilizing the two device license option (You paid $8.99 USD to StartIsBack On January 13, 2024). Also for trial purposes I've also purchased this software: https://www.stardock.com/products/start11/  due to receiving a 20% discount for simply taking a eight question survey. I'm guilty of making snap judgements of other people sometimes for which I realize that I shouldn't have after doing so at some point.

Bud, it $8.99. I think you'll live.

10 hours ago, T. BugReporter said:

Is this something not available in Win11?  I don't have these configuration pages in my SaB.

Screenshot 2024-01-18 194012.png

You have the latest version, right ?