360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

30 minutes ago, IXOYE said:

Have you thought about archiving your Chrome versions?

No plans as of yet.
I don't know what "soon" means as far as the MSFN closure (or if it's even 100% as of this point).
Maybe users need to start posting links to other forums where we can continue into the future as folks of (mostly) common interests?

30 minutes ago, IXOYE said:

the Dropbox page no longer works on Newmoon and Serpent 52

I haven't dug too deep into this.
I personally feel that New Moon and Serpent are "dying" (I say this as a supporting fan with continued hopes toward the contrary).
It's not like Dropbox is some never-heard-of web site - I use it for "business" and reserve my Google Drive for "personal".
Dropbox doesn't require users to be "members" to download, you can download without a username/password.
The notion that Dropbox doesn't work in New Moon and Serpent only reinforces my own belief that they are "dying" (if not already on life support).

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

36 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

...Maybe users need to start posting links to other forums where we can continue into the future as folks of (mostly) common interests?

Honestly, I don't think there are many good options from what I see. Just throwing this out there ... to cut back on cost(s), would it be easy (or woth it) to switch over to lower or free forum software?

1 hour ago, IXOYE said:

the Dropbox page no longer works on Newmoon and Serpent 52,

Huh, I can still login, view and download stuff, at least with latest official Pale Moon. Some random InvalidStateError errors in the console though. What user agent are you using? I use native one, so doesn't contain "Firefox".

Hi

2 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Huh, I can still login, view and download stuff, at least with latest official Pale Moon. Some random InvalidStateError errors in the console though. What user agent are you using? I use native one, so doesn't contain "Firefox".

I use the latest version of Newmon 28 and Serpent 52/55 with a new profile with no add-on, with the "user agent mode", native, gecko, firefox", and the page is always blank on Dropbox.

Strangely, that works on "iceape-upx" without problem.:rolleyes:

Edited by IXOYE

@NotHereToPlayGames

I mentioned this on another thread, but just thought I'd ask here.
I'm using your version of 360Chrome 13.5, and I've now noticed that the mute icon at the bottom right in the status bar does not work.
The icon changes to mute, but the sound is not muted.
Not a big deal as the mute buttons on the individual tabs still work fine, but I just wondered if this was a known issue.
:)

On 3/8/2022 at 9:36 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Are you running as-is or did you make any changes to the 360Loader.ini file ?
If you made any change(s), however slight, please let me know what change(s) you made.

No Changes to 360Loader.ini

Run RegScanner and do a search for 360Chrome - you should not find more than roughly a dozen operating system MUI and compatibility keys.

Found 58 entries. Nifty utility BTW.

If you find anything other than MUI and compatibility keys, then you should delete all of them and run my build as-is and see if everything works now.

Done....  and it's fixed! Thanks for your help.

Not sure what went wrong. The only thing I can think of, is that I ran it the first time with administrator privileges, but ran with guest privileges subsequently.

@NotHereToPlayGames

Hi again!
Do you remember when I started using your 360Chrome 13.5 I queried that it seemed to be searching for something when the first tab was opened when the program started?
I've just checked on this again, and found this when the program is first run and there is a progress animation (which never ends) in the first tab.

Clipboard-1.thumb.png.0b556755543b30105a9b904d47274fc0.png

The domain ws-in-f188.1e100.net appears to be a Google domain.
Any idea why the program should be trying (presumably unsuccessfully) to contact it when it runs, and should I block it?
:dubbio:

I'm certain it was doing it before I installed any extensions.
It certainly still does it if all the extensions are disabled.
I did wonder if it was some sort of automatic program update check.
There is a manual update check button on the "About" window, which doesn't find any updates.
:)

On 3/10/2022 at 5:21 PM, Dave-H said:

The domain ws-in-f188.1e100.net appears to be a Google domain.
Any idea why the program should be trying (presumably unsuccessfully) to contact it when it runs, and should I block it?

I have been unable to replicate this in my "regular" as-is v13.5.  If it doesn't exist in "regular", there's no way for it to exist in "ungoogled".

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames