360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

28 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

Please note how OLD those articles are.

We shouldn't think that the sky is falling and our computers aren't "secure" based on OLD articles stating THEORIES.

That's why I want to see a real-life example and screencaps "blocking" the CNAME trickery and "not blocking" the CNAME trickery.

Hulu and KISSmetrics were SUED over ETag "respawning" in 2011/2012 - so while ETag "respawning" is a THEORETICAL vulnerability, nobody does them anymore so why jump through hoops over THEORETICALS ???

Like I say, I want to see a "before and after" screencap to truly assess the "issue".

The solution Dixel published about the key-logger and uBlock (and then quickly deleted it after your reply) isn't working anymore . It worked , yeah . But not anymore after I updated the ublock . Don't get me wrong , I had to because of the new twitter CEO of Indian origin. Could you please offer us a simple solution to block the logger with ublock ? Thank you !

I can confirm that the "keylog" is being uploaded to MSFN servers.  Why would we expect otherwise, I suppose.
How?  Because with Proxomitron I can "fake" my cookie by logging in, copying cookie contents, then logging out.
Then I can use those cookie contents "in the future", a day, a week, a month, and see what the keylogger contained "yesterday" when accessing MSFN "today".

The good news is that Proxomitron disables the keylogger by killing this "timer" (no uBlock required, just Proxomitron's default config in Advanced Mode) -

image.thumb.png.b23ca324e593c4a8f86139d29a7f18a6.png

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

Proxomitron is not going to be for everyone.
My biggest thing is this, you can create uBlock rules to kill the keylogger on MSFN but that rule will do nothing for the 9,999 other sites that you visit where 1,234 of them are logging your keystrokes - you blocked the logger on 1 out of 1,234.
But by killing the keylogger using Proxomitron instead, I have safeguarded myself on 1,000 of the 1,234 websites instead of just 1.
Sure, there's still 234 out there still logging my keystrokes, but I've never visited them before and likely won't visit them in the future.
And if I do visit one of them, I edit Proxomitron to include it also and now I'm up to 1,001.

Drastic times call for drastic measures.
Sure, it's only MSFN's keylogger "today", but will you catch the next web site that's logging your keys?

16 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

I had to revert to an older uBlock .

Kinda doesn't surprise me.  I've often opted to keep "older" extensions and disable any-and-all "automatic updates".