360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

A new version of the browser arrived , 13.6.1000.0. 

New features/enhancements added (translated from chinese, not my text) :

1. Accelerated the engine (sounds promising!)

Three cleaning modes, clean the browser cache, release memory usage, and make the game experience smoother

2. Picture in Picture

The game hangs up, you can hang up at any time, without delaying the game upgrade

3. Open more trumpets

The same game, open more accounts, one person more than one account, can also play wonderful

4. Split screen mode

One-click multi-screen, make full use of desktop space, more efficient browsing, and more refreshing experience

5. Game Aggregation (?!)

The whole network of games is big, have fun, and make life more exciting

6. Video widget

Interesting short videos, take you to explore new content

7. Boss key

One-click to return to the desktop, experience and then upgrade

Note:

Russkies still don't have this browser as a repack. But one can search for the chinese original .

Full installer name : 360gt13.6.1000.0.exe . Extract with 7zip .

Cheers.

This link should be working , but I don't know what to click , all in squares for me. Shows the size of 63.3M (looks like the installer).

I'm not responsible , it's a chinese website. Proceed with caution.

https://pan.baidu.com/s/12ta87IWRPxQLhAy1nApNNg

4 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Still the same version of Chromium, so is there much point in trying to use this?

Well ... 13.5 had brought huge improvements over any 13.0 version, despite our previous doubts.

No more crashes with youtube and much faster scrolling in insta , for example.

We can assume some fixes are still being applied to the original engine , hence the huge version number jump. This is a speculation , of course . 

But hey , they promised "Accelerated the engine". ))))))

Also , looks like a somewhat bearable dark theme  , finally !

Well we'll see what @NotHereToPlayGames/ArcticFoxie says, but as only a Chinese version of this browser exists at the moment it seems, it would be quite a lot of work to get it usable in English I suspect, although starting from the work done already for 13.5 it might not be so daunting.
On the other hand if this turns out to be the last of the 13.x branch, it might be worth it, as we know that the very latest branch doesn't work on XP and is 64 bit only.

Beware if you do install it as it is that it's quite invasive, installs a lot of stuff which is not trivial to then get rid of, such as some sort of tray utility which protects itself.
Not that big a deal if you have a multi-boot system like I have of course, but could be awkward on other systems!
:)

3 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Beware if you do install it as it is that it's quite invasive

Thank you for the warning , you're always very caring , Dave ! I'd suggest to extract it with 7-zip and replace the chrome.exe , chrome.dll , chrome_elf.dll, resources.pak files only in the prev. 13.5 version. 

Or try with the English skin from the previous 13.5 version, that would work , I guess . All of this if someone really can't wait to try . Don't forget to block the huge number of IPs .

EDIT:

I have an automatic patch to remove the telemetry from the chrome.dll . I can share , if you want me to.

Edited by D.Draker

I "might" play around with v13.6, during days of complete boredom with nothing else to do  :whistle:

I've found nothing but problem after problem with anything "newer" than v13 build 2206 (on XP!)

Everything "newer" (in v13, v13.5, and v13.6) is all the same "core engine" with just a crapload of bloatware added left and right (I am merely speculating at this point regarding v13.6).

All I've ever seen "improved" with newer builds is "where" the telemetry is stored (mangled in with profile settings where if you delete the telemetry, you also delete portions of your profile settings [extension-dependent]).

I have very little optimism toward anything in the 13-branch "newer" than build 2206.

image.thumb.png.1a1b55c1616cda25ed91410e8cf80fe9.png

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I have very little optimism toward anything in the 13-branch "newer" than build 2206.

Oh really ?!? And what about no crashes with youtube, like at all ? Also , you wrote about your lockups , what flags do you use ? Could you show us ?

Do you have --no-default-browser and --no-first-run ? 

You could try to disable the stupid check for your videocard completely --disable-gpu . 

1 hour ago, D.Draker said:

Oh really ?!? And what about no crashes with youtube, like at all ? Also , you wrote about your lockups , what flags do you use ? Could you show us ?

Do you have --no-default-browser and --no-first-run ? 

You could try to disable the stupid check for your videocard completely --disable-gpu . 

I use --disable-gpu (I never use hardware acceleration) - I was not aware of --no-first-run. Thank you ;)

EDIT: Sorry, was on Serpent and just fired up 360 V11 with that  --no-first-run and it started right up quicker than ever before. My word, what a great suggestion. Plus, there is no longer the creation in 360\User Data a first run file (and upon close, it is no longer present), only local state file which I keep. Is that right?

Edited by XPerceniol

3 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

--no-first-run and it started right up quicker than ever before. My word, what a great suggestion.

Glad to help you , as always ! Yes , that's right . 

Some "developers" are just somewhat lazy to read about chrome flags . Not throwing stones at anyone , just stating the obvious . 

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

How's this for proof (sorry, only used mic for audio)  --  https://www.dropbox.com/s/zcqtug229ck6f59/what-crashes-question-mark.mp4?dl=1  :ph34r:

Irrelevant to our discussion . Ancient 11 version . We were comparing 13.0 and 13.5. You wrote yourself 13.0 build 2206 is the one you prefer from the 13th branch. So why would you show the 11 !?! I have zero interest in it since I use modern websites (have to). No one's forcing you to make this new browser ,

I was just informing the community of the new 13.6 version released. 

I honestly have never had any YouTube crash issues - not in v11, not in v12, not in v13, not in v13.5.

I do use v11 for 99% of my browsing needs.  I think almost everybody here has "several" web browsers and has resigned the notion of using one browser for "everything".

I "could" use v13 build 2206 for "everything" but I myself prefer not to because web browsing is not the only thing I use my computer for and I'd rather allocate RAM towards CAD software then to the web browser.

When I do YouTube (which is RARE for me), I use v11 - are other users needing a more "modern" browser just for YouTube?