360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

12 minutes ago, msfntor said:

Hi, why you have 2 (two!) explorer.exe? It's virus, one of these two?..

Why you run spoolsv.exe?

Hello there and thank you for the reply.

I scanned my computer with 4 programs (Malwarebytes Antimaware / Malwarebytes Ant Root-Kit / Adwcleaner /McAfee Stinger 32) with that 2nd instance of explorer going and they didn't pick up anything at all so I restarted and now only 1 explorer; so I don't have a clue?

I need the spoolsv for my Old HP Printer to work.

54 minutes ago, Dixel said:

@XPerceniol, 3GB is obviously not enough for the "modern" web.  MSFN is getting heavier and heavier each day for me too , I also noticed lags when typing in reply windows or creating new topics . All those flags you're trying to add are already included in my version , this one also , of course ! They are just inside , the "ini" file is inside , so you can't see it . Did you try MSFN with my version ? Don't forget to start it from the red "O" icon.

Yeah, I know its not enough, but for what I do, I can get by with it for the time being anyway. That is why I don't think I'm going to upgrade this thing (bad hard drive), everything is held together with duct tape and crazy glue as it is. 

Yes your version is fine as well - thank you. 

Edited by XPerceniol

On 11/21/2021 at 12:46 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

The "Build Process" would basically be a small GUI with a series of checkboxes (not in these colors per se) --

image.png.81045089acb75407f145d84ebcc20c87.png

Hi , if you're going to do it , could you create a similar tool and add it to your version ? Thanks .

https://msfn.org/board/topic/183169-an-ex-dj-from-holland-hacked-mozillafirefox-code-and-wrote-a-tool-to-mock-this-pitiful-browser/

47 minutes ago, Dixel said:

Friend , don't waste your time on obsolete junk , couple of months ahead  and v13. will start to show it's old age too. It can't even properly do java at github and "modern" websites , as of now . Don't forget we're at Chrome 98 already !  At the insane rate they "update" (read bloat)  websites we won't be able to browse web soon . I looked into v21 for you , no way it will run on XP64 , it's just too much to modify ! One would need to edit the code and remove certain portion sof it. You can't simply cheat with the replaced APIs anymore. Besides , it's a huge telemetry bloated mess. Well, let's say we start to mod it , but it will be obsolete by the time we finish because I'll be pretty busy in the next year.  

Ugh ... :(

2 hours ago, msfntor said:

Hi, why you have 2 (two!) explorer.exe? It's virus, one of these two?..

Could be Folder Options->View->Launch folder windows in a separate process.

Edited by UCyborg

20 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

Could be Folder Options->View->Launch folder windows in a separate process.

Hi..

No, wasn't that. the only options I have ticked in ... Folder Options->View:

Display the full path in the address bar

Do not caches thumbnails

Do not show hidden files and folders

Hide extensions for known file types

Hide protected operating system files

That is it.

Maybe it was a glitch, because it hasn't happened again :)

Edited by XPerceniol

5 hours ago, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

Interesting enough ram usage seems to match with your browser. I got no lag though.

task.GIF.e31a1febe649660d1cf19e2c204e4cda.GIF

You could try block useless scripts with Ematrix or similar. Following is minium needed to fully use MSFN

I am using those and lag is gone even on Pentium 4

I just did that and it blocks certain functions , for example I can't put likes to your posts anymore . It says something like "sorry , this function is not availalble at the moment".

3 hours ago, UCyborg said:

I don't think he's saying link doesn't work, more like he doesn't want anything to do with what's in that topic.

Did I miss something ? Anyways , I understand people can have different level of skills . Thanks for pointing that out.

I opened a page on Twitter , it's not even fully loaded , but the memory usage for this browser is already over 2.2gb , if I press "Speedup",  it says "can release" 1.33GB !!! What's going on with the internet ? Is it normal ? The same with MSFN , just like the others said . MSFN is very heavy for me too . Proof :

1.33GB.png

9 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Ugh ... :(

Yes , chrome 86 released in 2020 and we shall soon be in 2022 . So I guess it's time to look for alternatives , it doesn't matter if this browser was good for a certain amount of time. It's in the past . I used it too and was satisfied and I 'm grateful , but now it eats up my RAM like crazy .  One twitter page and 2,2GB is not normal.

5 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

One twitter page and 2,2GB is not normal.

Agreed!  I boycot Twitter and Facebook.  Or Meta-Whatever they call themselves.  So I don't really have a reference point regarding Twitter.

I personally use v11 (based on Chromium 69) and have little-to-no intentions of ever using v13 or v13.5.

I'm geeky enough that I'll find my own way around the "new web".  I personally don't feel the need to use a browser from 2021 just because it shall soon be 2022.

I was using Mypal and NM27, both intentionally locked at 2018 releases, for THREE YEARS before web sites that I "need" forced my hand to move to "Chromium 69".

But even the "patched-weekly" releases of Mypal and NM27 (and NM28 and Basilisk/Serpent) did not do any better on the "new web" than the 2018 versions I was "finally" upgrading from - so I started tinkering with 360Chrome.

I have no doubts that I might not get another THREE YEARS out of "Chromium 69"  --  but I should be able get two or so, THEN migrate to "Chromium 78", get another TWO TO THREE YEARS, then migrate to "Chromium 86".

And if not, I'll find something else to tinker with.

In the meantime, I keep chugging along with a "tweaked and trusted" XP and tinker with customizing 7 and 10 "on the side" so that when I can no longer navigate the "new web" on my "tweaked and trusted" XP, then I should have 7 tweaked to a level where I now "trust" it.

Then I'll have to move on from 7 and start using 10 when the rest of the world is on 15 or 22 or 36 or whatever Windows "number" we will be at when that time rolls around.

And on and on it will go, "to infiniti and beyond", until the crusty years of life where I spend the entire day hunting for where I set my teeth and have no time for tinkering on the "new web".