360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

1 hour ago, VistaLover said:

@shelby: Εάν χρησιμοποιείτε τον εκτεταμένο πυρήνα του Vista (από win32 ) στο Vista SP2 64-bit , θα πρέπει να το διευκρινίσετε , γιατί ένας "γενικός" ισχυρισμός όπως αυτός που παρέθεσα μπορεί να οδηγήσει σε παρεξηγήσεις...

Επιπλέον, το IIUC, DCBrowser 4.0.7.22 (που συζητείται στις παραπάνω αναρτήσεις) βασίζεται στο Chromium 55 , ενώ το WVCDM v 4.10.2557.0 απαιτεί τουλάχιστον Chromium 68 :

(μπορείτε να πάρετε το WVCDM v 4.10.2557.0 από την εγκατάσταση του Google Chrome 108 )

Λοιπόν, πιστεύω ότι δεν θα λειτουργούσε υπό DCB_v4.0.7.22 ακόμα και όταν το πρόγραμμα περιήγησης εκκινείται με Win7SP1 και νεότερη έκδοση ...

I use vanilla x64 and the program is based in chromium 75 + trident. The mini browser is based in chromium 87 i think and it works also

4 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Yeah, I've gotten used to my streaming services without Widevine I'll try to make a listing for any of you interested that DO work. Documentary Heaven is my fav,

https://documentaryheaven.com/

Seems videos originate from YouTube, at least that's what it seemed after checking few.

2 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Agreed!  I also use Actual Window Manager and have noticed this being a possible culprit for why the VERY FIRST launch of 360Chrome coming out of HIBERNATE or FULL SHUTDOWN takes a lot longer then later launches.

You just reminded me of my previous computer, it was all sluggish 'til it warmed up.

(you can grab WVCDM v4.10.2557.0 from within a Google Chrome 108 installation)

So, my educated guess is it wouldn't work under DCB_v4.0.7.22 even when the browser is launched under Win7SP1 and higher...

Seems to be Chromium 75 based indeed. I guess update URL was cleared from the binaries, so browser doesn't pick the current version, but latest Widevine from Chrome 108 works with it on recent enough OS.

I wonder if Netflix and such require Widevine specifically. Would PlayReady CDM also work or does it have to be supported specifically (from little searching it could be the case)? Because on that test site, PlayReady from Edge 94 still works.

Edited by UCyborg

44 minutes ago, Humming Owl said:

AFAIK, I thought it was based on Chromium 75 :blink:

Oops, mea culpa :blushing: , you're correct ;) ; DCBrowser v4.0.1.4 was the first based on Ch75, and next v4.0.2.4 was the first based on Ch75 to run under XP SP3; DCBrowser did not change its Chrome Core to v86 until v5.0.1.48, but that one required Win7SP1+ to launch :( ...

I must've confused DCBrowser with another Chinese browser based on Ch55 and popular with the XP community :( ... My deepest apologies (previous post of mine shall be edited ;) ) ...

56 minutes ago, shelby said:

I use vanilla x64 and the program (i.e. DC Browser v4.0.7.22) is based in chromium 75 + trident.
The (Kafan) mini browser is based in chromium 87 i think and it works also

Are you talking about the browsers themselves? If so, yes, I know they're both Vista SP2 compatible... And I believe both are supplied in 32-bit flavours ; my original query was for the latest WidevineCDM v4.10.4557.0 (32-bit) transplanted into either one; does it then work in the linked test page under a fresh browser profile? Extrapolating from my findings in Vista SP2 32-bit tells me it should not work in Vista SP2 64-bit without the Extended Kernel (aka "vanilla x64") :dubbio:... @UCyborg, time permitting, could you be able to shed more light on this? Thanks :P ...

1 hour ago, UCyborg said:

I wonder if Netflix and such require Widevine specifically.

I don't know about "such", but last thing I read was that Netflix specifically had a fallback DRM mechanism based on the (deprecated) NPAPI Silverlight plugin, on "legacy" browsers that still support that plugin... I can't test the current validity of that, as I don't have a Netflix subscription myself...

Would PlayReady CDM also work or does it have to be supported specifically

PlayReady (aka MSPR) is a Microsoft-owned DRM technology, as such is supported in IE11 and Edge MS browsers; MSPR must also be "defined" inside the CENC manifests (MPD, ISM) the media servers (CDNs) are delivering to the browser...

Because on that test site, PlayReady from Edge 94 still works.

As per my comment above, the site does support MSPR (in addition to WV):

drm: {
    widevine: {
      LA_URL: 'https://cwip-shaka-proxy.appspot.com/no_auth'
    },
    playready: {
      LA_URL: 'https://playready.directtaps.net/pr/svc/rightsmanager.asmx?PlayRight=1&ContentKey=EAtsIJQPd5pFiRUrV9Layw=='
    }
  }

11 hours ago, VistaLover said:

Are you talking about the browsers themselves? If so, yes, I know they're both Vista SP2 compatible... And I believe both are supplied in 32-bit flavours ; my original query was for the latest WidevineCDM v4.10.4557.0 (32-bit) transplanted into either one; does it then work in the linked test page under a fresh browser profile? Extrapolating from my findings in Vista SP2 32-bittells me it should not work in Vista SP2 64-bit without the Extended Kernel (aka "vanilla x64") ... @UCyborg, time permitting, could you be able to shed more light on this? Thanks  ...

I don't use extended kernel

https://chromium.woolyss.com/#windows

Edited by shelby

I guess what I was getting at is how much work is there in the background for providers to set things up. Because maybe where PlayReady is supported, it'll last longer before it stops working on Windows 7.

@UCyborg, time permitting, could you be able to shed more light on this? Thanks :P ...

I also saw those functions you mention and they're definitely not in vanilla kernel32.dll of Vista SP2. So Widevine can't work on vanilla Vista since they're hard dependencies and the lack of those functions would result in failure loading Widevine DLL.

Oops, mea culpa :blushing: , you're correct ;) ; DCBrowser v4.0.1.4 was the first based on Ch75, and next v4.0.2.4 was the first based on Ch75 to run under XP SP3; DCBrowser did not change its Chrome Core to v86 until v5.0.1.48, but that one required Win7SP1+ to launch :( ...

I must've confused DCBrowser with another Chinese browser based on Ch55 and popular with the XP community :( ... My deepest apologies (previous post of mine shall be edited ;) ) ...

I actually thought (as I've seen how much knowledge you have in JS and in browsers stuff/components in general) that you checked its JS engine or something like that and discovered it was a faked Chromium 75 (IIRC it has happened with some Chromium browsers that they are disguised as newer versions but they are in reality an older version). :D

1 hour ago, shelby said:

the WidevineCDM does not work, the browser works. That is (what) I am talking about

Thanks for the clarification :) ; because the quote by @Humming Owl in your previous post was specifically referring to the WidevineCDM, not the underlying browser engine of DCB_v4.0.7.22 ;) ...

Χρόνια Πολλά και Καλή Χρονιά! :hello:

23 hours ago, Humming Owl said:

...This is also a test, if it works well for the people using this browser...

Wow ... nothing bad to say thus far, been using this all morning. Youtube works and searches unlike 360 V9 and V11. Still that annoying certificate warning when I know the cert if valid. Connection not private.

Enable the use of SurfaceLayer objects for videos.

Enable compositing onto a Surface instead of a VideoLayer for videos. – Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, Android

#enable-surfaces-for-videos

Audio Focus Enforcement

Enables enforcement of a single media session having audio focus at any one time. Requires #enable-media-session-service to be enabled too. – Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS

#enable-audio-focus-enforcement

Media Session Service

Enables the media session mojo service and internal media session support. – Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS

#enable-media-session-service

@msfntor ... @mina7601 ... @Humming Owl

Do you guys have settings enabled/disabled for the flags in DCBrowser to anything? Seeing as I've the last 2 set to default(s) does this mean they are disabled?

Thank you in advance :) 

Oh good grief my typing again. sorrry guys and no rush to answer. 

Edited by XPerceniol

One thing that is so great about DCBrowser is the change of light to/from light and dark also changes the brightness of the screen between 95%--100% even if you are not using dark mode. Hope that made sense. 

dcb.JPG.0a3eeb4d9ee1c9e272bd8f0d8cf89728.JPG

Edited by XPerceniol

23 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Do you guys have settings enabled/disabled for the flags in DCBrowser to anything?

I usually use the same flags on all Chromium based browsers, but it is not because I know what they do exactly :P

they are:

--disable-webgl (if the computer is very old)
--disable-logging 
--no-default-browser-check 
--disable-component-update
--disable-background-networking

and disabling smooth scrolling just because I don't like it at all.

Cheers.