The MSFN café - A Penny for Your Thoughts

XPerceniol

On 11/20/2023 at 2:03 PM, XPerceniol said:

Just quickly my young friend ... despite what others and society tells (brainwashes) us, it actually quite 'normal' (dare I use that ugly word Normal) to have those thoughts, but when they become more than a fleeting thought that is where we need to become concerned. Your life is precious and you don't need to change unless its to better yourself not to please other people or this toxic society.

Again, I will address more but I felt it was important to address that quickly and try to shift focus on your good honest qualities and your caring personality and non-judgmental senses.

Be well and just be YOU - there is nothing wrong with you and don't let anybody make you feel otherwise. :)

It's really nice to see you back again :D

I also had covid earlier this year. I was pretty dead for a week or two. Though I haven't experienced any of the other things you're dealing with. I hope things are able to turn more positive for you in the future. Thank you guys for your support on being myself.

Haven't been as active here, as for most of this year I have felt quite drained on my whole interest in this tech stuff; and a lot of my other hobbies. I recently stored away a lot of my old laptops, computers, etc, as I haven't touched them in nearly a year. I spent most of the year hanging out with a special person, who then proceeded to lay out one of the worst situations I've ever been in 4 months ago. August, September, October, and November all kinda just melted together after that. I got a job a week ago, and that has taken up a lot of my time now.

16 hours ago, mina7601 said:

Yes, after 8 days.

Can you believe it?! I know, where did this year go? Do you have any special plans? For me it should be quiet just the way I prefer it. :w00t:

9 hours ago, sunryze said:

It's really nice to see you back again :D

I also had covid earlier this year. I was pretty dead for a week or two. Though I haven't experienced any of the other things you're dealing with. I hope things are able to turn more positive for you in the future. Thank you guys for your support on being myself.

Haven't been as active here, as for most of this year I have felt quite drained on my whole interest in this tech stuff; and a lot of my other hobbies. I recently stored away a lot of my old laptops, computers, etc, as I haven't touched them in nearly a year. I spent most of the year hanging out with a special person, who then proceeded to lay out one of the worst situations I've ever been in 4 months ago. August, September, October, and November all kinda just melted together after that. I got a job a week ago, and that has taken up a lot of my time now.

Its also very nice to see your reply here this morning.

Yeah Covid was rough and I don't feel 100% just yet but I do feel like I'm getting there and thank you for the well wishes; I know my body is strong and my immune system will kick it and I'm starting to treat my body better and eat right.

You've very welcome about my posting and support - its genuine and true and from the heart. I meant every word as also I did in the other thread.

We understand that you've not been active, breaks are cool and needed sometimes but I'm sorry you feel drained (I also feel drained most of the time but for other reasons such as being around people stresses me) and lost interest in tech stuff - that is ok but I'm more concerned that you've list interest in other hobbies, do you know why? You don't have to answer, of course. Ok you've stored away your computers (hopefully safely so as to take care of them) you could perhaps fire them up one day when you're feeling up to it and at least update the OS and browsers ... might make you feel better and restore your interest in tech again but no rush, of course. So long as your happy with your devices and computer(s) that do what they need to for to get by.

Bummer (more than a bummer really) I'm sorry you had to go through that with this special person and that August, September, October, and November all melted together after that, I do hope you have someone to talk to about this because keeping things bottled up inside isn't good but I know spilling your guts on a public forum isn't for everybody, but we're here regardless.

I wish you luck with the new job and good that is taking up your time and hopefully you'll build working relationships with the other co-workers but keep your expectations realistic and don't force or rush into divulging too much right away, just be yourself and you're already kind and true and the right people will gravitate towards you and you'll attract like-minded folks. That being said, don't be afraid either and besides you're working for the paycheck and you're be able to purchase a new wardrobe soon. The way you portray yourself in life is so important sometimes.

Glad you can back here and found time share a bit about your life taking into account your busy with your new job. Good luck and please forgive my sometimes messy wording and you can be sure I'll be editing this more than a few times to make its makes sense hopefully before you read it Lol. When I write I prefer to write raw and edit later this is more genuine for me.

And of course as usual, no rush to reply or need to reply at all. Be well and be YOU.

Edited by XPerceniol

3 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Can you believe it?! I know, where did this year go? Do you have any special plans? For me it should be quiet just the way I prefer it. :w00t:

Yes, time is passing so fast. :w00t:

Edited by mina7601

^That was supposed to be animated ... Oh well, could be more this morning.

The countdown begins to Monday. I expect it to be quiet (just the way I like it). Wishing everyone well as per usual.

Edited by XPerceniol

Sort of struggling myself as it gets closer but I'll keep that to myself for the better of everyone else. Its a very hazy and muddled morning for me today - hope everybody else (still reading this thread) is doing well and I mean that from the heart.

spacer.png

On 12/17/2023 at 7:07 AM, sunryze said:

I got a job a week ago, and that has taken up a lot of my time now.

Sorry to hear that. It's such a time waste. Every day, same s***, it just doesn't end. Days turn into months, months into years and you start to wonder what's the point. At least during school there's some decent time off.

Onto another thing, my phone's power button suddenly almost stopped working. Before I got out of the car after I got home, I went to turn off the Bluetooth, it was still normal, then 2 hours later I could barely wake it up. Not sure what now, may have to start looking for a new one. Hoped I would get some more years out of it. Even if I manage to take it apart somehow, no way I'm putting it back together successfully. Sigh, should probably at least adb pull data partition.

Edit: False alarm, the button started working, so a temporary (software) glitch? Very strange.

Edited by UCyborg

Hi @UCyborg dare I ask; how are you managing overall? Hopefully better than myself as I sit here I'm completely and utterly numb this morning and sometimes I feel as I'm losing my grip on reality (even though my reality is my own little bubble ... but being out in public stresses me and I've had to be in it as of late)  Sounds like you're going through a lot of crap. I also ask myself "what's the point" when my life is in the Rear-view Mirror. Ugh... :huh: trying not to be depressing guys, but at least you know I'm genuine; regardless to my efforts to pretend otherwise.

spacer.png

Edited by XPerceniol

8 minutes ago, 66cats said:

...(but wherefore I know not) lost all my mirth

I'm sorry to hear that and sorry the words just aren't there this morning to offer up anything that would be supportive as I feel like a walking zombie cadaver. Its s struggle to maintain that mirth this time of the year, for me anyway. Me, I feel sort of dead inside.

Edited by XPerceniol

Has MSFN been hacked by Vipmeu LLC from the Arab Emirates? It's the first time I've seen a banner on this site. The first design with the white letters over christmas decorations looked amateurish. Their shop website is plain white and generic looking, and the deals seem too good to be true. I tried to create a separate topic about this but it failed with an error.

7 minutes ago, j7n said:

Has MSFN been hacked by Vipmeu LLC from the Arab Emirates? It's the first time I've seen a banner on this site. The first design with the white letters over christmas decorations looked amateurish. Their shop website is plain white and generic looking, and the deals seem too good to be true. I tried to create a separate topic about this but it failed with an error.

I also noticed that and I've never seen this banner on this site either. :dubbio:Wonder if we'll get an answer. Strange!

Edited by XPerceniol