Jump to content

List of software that doesn't support Windows 7


asdf2345
 Share

Recommended Posts


  • 4 weeks later...

Support for OneDrive as well as Samsung DeX is ending in January 2022 for Windows 7. You can still use both of them, however you won't benefit from new features and patches. OneDrive will also stop syncing in March 2022 (however there should be a way to patch this).

 

I fear that the next version of Skype could also be the last for Win7

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/13/2021 at 11:25 PM, yoltboy01 said:

Support for OneDrive as well as Samsung DeX is ending in January 2022 for Windows 7. You can still use both of them, however you won't benefit from new features and patches. OneDrive will also stop syncing in March 2022 (however there should be a way to patch this).

 

I fear that the next version of Skype could also be the last for Win7

More info on OneDrive here:
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-onedrive-blog/end-of-support-for-onedrive-desktop-application-on-windows-7-8/ba-p/2929066
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/onedrive-sync-app-no-longer-supported-on-windows-7-8-or-8-1-a3bd41c7-5f82-42c3-aa46-de782581be2a

Really kind of a shame that this is happening... why break something if it works? They recently changed security requirements and TLS 1.2 is now required to be able to sign in and synchronize files. Windows 7 is fine with this after installing proper updates and modifying registry settings.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ivanbuto said:

Really kind of a shame that this is happening... why break something if it works?

It sure is. 

 

5 hours ago, ivanbuto said:

They recently changed security requirements and TLS 1.2 is now required to be able to sign in and synchronize files.

Does that mean that your not able to sync your files on Vista? I'm not really knowledgeable about this OneDrive stuff :buehehe:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, ivanbuto said:

They [OneDrive] recently changed security requirements and TLS 1.2 is now required to be able to sign in and synchronize files. Windows 7 is fine with this after installing proper updates and modifying registry settings.

I would imagine that “proper updates” are basically Internet Explorer 11. If IE does not support TLS 1.2, then your OS does not support TLS 1.2.

12 hours ago, Teeotsa said:

Does that mean that your not able to sync your files on Vista? I'm not really knowledgeable about this OneDrive stuff :buehehe:

A joke at Vista’s expense? :angry: I never used OneDrive, but Vista users at MSFN have known how to add TLS 1.2 support for a long time: https://msfn.org/board/topic/176902-enabling-tls-1112-support-in-vistas-internet-explorer-9/.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Vistapocalypse said:

I would imagine that “proper updates” are basically Internet Explorer 11. If IE does not support TLS 1.2, then your OS does not support TLS 1.2.

I am not sure that it's IE 11... I used the procedure described here:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/update-to-enable-tls-1-1-and-tls-1-2-as-default-secure-protocols-in-winhttp-in-windows-c4bd73d2-31d7-761e-0178-11268bb10392

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Google just announced that Chrome will get Security and Stabilization Updates on Windows 7 till January 2023. Can‘t add the source now but I saw it everywhere in the news today. So, we will benefit from Updates for another year BUT what do they mean with only Security Updates? Will they introduce an ESR Channel like Firefox and merge Windows 7 users to it? I‘m curious..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, yoltboy01 said:

BUT what do they mean with only Security Updates? Will they introduce an ESR Channel like Firefox and merge Windows 7 users to it? I‘m curious..

It means in few days after eol you cant even open google search since google made new standards to newer chromium.

What it likely means is that Chromium engine wont get "new standards" and version number stops bumping and you are left with one build with something like 90.43 or so that gets mostly bug and security fixes. Chromium on XP did so for while

Someone correct if I am mistaken

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Paint.NET v4.3.x will be the last versions for 32-bit (x86) architecture, and Windows 7 and 8.1.

Quote

NOTE for Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and 32-bit/x86 users: Paint.NET v4.3.x will be the last release(s) that work on Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or on any 32-bit/x86 version of Windows. It has become significantly more difficult and time consuming to support these lately, not very many people are using them, and I can no longer justify the cost and frustration of keeping support for these afloat. Starting with Paint.NET v4.4, only Windows 10 and 11+ will be supported, and only on 64-bit (x64 and ARM64). Once Paint.NET v4.3.3 is released, I will start working on v4.4 and will only release v4.3.x updates on an as-needed basis and only until v4.4 is completed.

Source: https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/118921-paintnet-433-beta-build-7991/

Edited by mina354
Oops, it's 32-bit, not 86-bit.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/20/2021 at 12:08 PM, surrodox2001 said:

Wonder could we see another hard block and/or API compatiblity issue?

The installer itself would have a version block, but not sure about the app itself if it will have API compatibility issue or not.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/20/2021 at 2:30 AM, Jody Thornton said:

Same with Waterfox Browser.  Windows 8x and a processor with SSE4.2 is now required for the new G4 version.

 

Waterfox G4 still supports 7. SSE4.2 still required for Waterfox but, Waterfox's purpose is cutting legacy support for more fast experience. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...