[WIP] Windows Vista Extended Kernel

win32

On 4/20/2024 at 2:59 PM, D.Draker said:

You confused Vista with Wn7.

... Perhaps @Yordan  wrongly assumed that "Windows Vista SP2 x64 + Vista Extended Kernel (by win32)" is on par with "Windows 7 SP1 x64", which, of course, is NOT the case :( ...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all again! Is there any modified driver for 8750m because I can't find working one.😕

• 3 weeks later...

@win32 How close are we to being able to use Windows 7 WiFi/Ethernet drivers with the Vista Extended Kernel? A friend of mine wants to know as his Intel WiFi/Ethernet support 7 at a minimum, not Vista. TIA!

On 5/22/2024 at 4:41 PM, silvertennyson said:

Hi everyone! Could existing a i5-5200U modified driver for Vista?

There is no fix for TSC drift issue affecting this CPU, if you ask for that. It's WIP, but no ETA for now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2024 at 2:58 PM, Tester Machine said:

The current version of the extended kernel does not seem to work well, I tried Windows Vista Business SP2 x64 + Updates 2024 (WS2008) and I get errors in some programs trying to search for a folder that does not exist.

I will try to try the same edition of Windows Vista but with 2017 updates (EOL)

I'd say use legacy update and there's a PAE Modification somewhere that lets you use 16gb of ram; and just use what the heck was there when windows vista was it can't be anything mind breakingly different ... ..although they want it to appear as so: 

I for 1 like the fact you can even opt for it in the first place; my assumption is that its only giving the kernel the right extensions

for visual c runtime updates that determine whether or not your going to get thrown an error because somethings missing when its not

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2024 at 3:04 PM, yoltboy01 said:

Is there an explanation on how to install Office 2016 on Windows Vista with Extended Kernel?

1- Your copy of Vista must be 64-bit, as well as having all the updates up to April 2017 + kb4474419 + kb4493730, plus the latest version of the extended kernel.

2- Have a copy of Office 2016 64-bit handy (The RTM version of July 2015 is needed, since it has an MSI installer like Office 2013, since the following versions use the current installer, which does not work at the moment)

3- Copy to the desktop in a new folder the root of your copy of Office 2016

4- Copy the ProPlus.WW.en-US folder to the desktop (the name may vary due to the language/edition of the copy), this is important since the Office installer detects the edited files and the installer of this folder needs to be edited.

5- In the folder copied to the desktop open ProPlus.WW.msi with Orca, go to InstallExecuteSequence and remove AbortMsi (it blocks the installation outside of setup.exe that verifies the files), then in Components change all Conditional VersionNT >= 601 by VersionNT >= 600.

6- Replace gdiplus.dll with the one from Windows 7, this is the path in the system:

c:\windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft.windows.gdiplus_6595b64144ccf1df_1.0.6002.19749_none_56a723b1b598503f\GDIPLUS.DLL

7- In group policies of the local machine, it prohibits rollback (very important)

8- Create an osver.ini file with the following settings (required at all times when installing Office 2016):

[global]

Enabled=1

MajorVersion=6

MinorVersion=1

BuildNumber=7600

8- Open ProPlus.WW.msi and after installation the Office 2016 suite should appear in the start menu, but it is not enough!

9- Go back to group policies and disable rollback, but keep osver.ini

10- In the root folder of Office 2016 the only change we will make is to delete the update or updates folder, they cause bugs when installed

11- Open the setup.exe of the normal Office 2016 installer and customize it to your liking (it should install successfully, if an error appears, reboot the system)

12- Replace outlook.exe with this one: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B2PcraGfa0p3yBIGTF19-04vI0dwbFMh/view?usp=drive_link. To avoid missing dependencies.

13- The programs of the Office 2016 suite will need to be detected at all times as Windows 7 or an annoying Windows Installer dialog will appear configuring each time the program starts: 

[C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\EXCEL.EXE]

Enabled=1

Win7SuperVerFix=1

MinorVersion=1

BuildNumber=7600

[C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\MSACCESS.exe]

Enabled=1

Win7SuperVerFix=1

MinorVersion=1

BuildNumber=7600

[C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\MSPUB.exe]

Enabled=1