[WIP] Windows Vista Extended Kernel

win32

On 8/24/2023 at 10:59 AM, BW134 said:

I doubt Mozilla Firefox 116 or higher would work on Vista Extended Kernel... or it's supported? I heard some rumors that even Firefox 115 is not working there.

You need to have the latest version of Windows Vista Extended Kernel, the Media Foundation Platform installed, Visual C++ 2003 - 2022 installed as well as if you want Firefox 115, you need to spoof the version from Windows 7 ( N.T. 6.1 build 7601 ), or if you want Firefox 116, you need to spoof the version from Windows 10 ( N.T. 10.0 build 19045 ).

Have y'all tried CapCut Desktop on Windows Vista Extended Kernel? Mine is installed successfully.

spacer.png

However, after installing, the launcher (CapCut.exe) won't open... and if I open the CapCut's another executable file, I got this error message...

spacer.png

Again and again, it's still about the missing dependency functions...

On 9/5/2023 at 10:19 AM, Brickedandroid said:

Have y'all tried CapCut Desktop on Windows Vista Extended Kernel? Mine is installed successfully.

spacer.png

However, after installing, the launcher (CapCut.exe) won't open... and if I open the CapCut's another executable file, I got this error message...

spacer.png

Again and again, it's still about the missing dependency functions...

Hopefully, in 2024, the new extended Kernel will release then all the missing dependencies will be eliminated.

Edited by WinSuper2005

2 hours ago, WinSuper2005 said:

Hopefully, in 2024, the new extended Kernel will release then all the missing dependencies will be eliminated.

I think most do not understand how kernel development is a hard task and how it works. Its a lot of difficult code and its very doubtful there are not security fixes along the whole kernel and dependencies, stability and bugfixes along implementing the functions. I'm actually happy win32 is actually providing us with free updates alike to service packs.

Edited by Eddie Phizika

3 hours ago, Brickedandroid said:

The most important thing, the 32-bit shell defects from March 2023 builds also must be fixed!

Don't restore your system32 files by pressing R. Otherwise when you install the March 2023 Extended Kernel, your 32 bit shells will be defect.

On 9/19/2023 at 7:44 AM, WinSuper2005 said:

Don't restore your system32 files by pressing R. Otherwise when you install the March 2023 Extended Kernel, your 32 bit shells will be defect.

honestly i wouldnt know if such an issue is caused by the installer's restore function because i just use SFC if i need the stock system files restored

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2023 at 9:54 PM, GabrielRodino said:

Here is a dark theme for Windows Vista that I have perfected to the best of my ability.
Unzip the files in the Windows\Resources\Themes folder and double click on the aero-black.

Unfortunately your theme didn't work for me. Looks the same as the Vista default one.

The package contains aero-black.theme and Aero (not Aero-black) folder so perhaps you uploaded vanilla one by accident