Jump to content
MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. ×


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Donations


Community Reputation

16 Good

1 Follower

About blueclouds8666

Profile Information

  • OS
    XP Home

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. While i was downloading Windows XP updates from the Microsoft Update Catalog, i realized this task could be done much faster. For that reason, i decided to make a PowerShell script for batch downloading updates from a list, featuring filters for language, NT version and architecture. I'm aware there is already another GUI application with a similar purpose, but you might find this one more fitting for your context as it has some key differences, such as: - Focused on simplicity. Command-line operation only - Script available under a permissive license (Unlicense) - Code and
  2. I've done a couple more advancements towards Windows XP. In special, i was interested on making the DirectX 11 renderer work under XP. It is true there is no native DirectX 11 for Windows XP, but there have been attempts in the past to partially implement it on the system, unofficially of course. Most didn't seem to work in my context, but there was one that caught my attention and really helped me to partly achieve what i wanted. It is the WineD3D wrapper library, that converts DX11 calls to OGL. Obviously with a performance impact and with occassional bugs, but is interesting nonetheles
  3. I haven't yet, but it should run perfectly fine under XP x64 edition. Also, the emulator can't be completely compiled for 64-bit platforms, however, i've published a guide on how to compile certain components for 64-bit platforms, as some parts can successfully be compiled in 64 bits. here it is: https://github.com/blueclouds8666/pcsx2_XP/blob/master/COMPILE-TESTING.md The original PCSX2 has neither binaries published for 64-bits, because they see no improvement with current code and it also gives more troubles than usual
  4. Hello Windows XP gaming community. I have what i believe are good news for you, if you are into emulation. I'm a developer and i've recently modified the latest version of the popular PCSX2 PlayStation 2 emulator to make it run again under the Windows XP operating system, since they removed that compatibility by 2016. The development to my modified version of PCSX2 started in May 2020, just when the latest stable official release was made public (v1.6.0), confirming it wasn't indeed compatible with XP. I wanted to do something about it, so i started peeking the code and considering the op
  • Create New...