[WIP] Windows Vista Extended Kernel

win32

Oh, sorry, the send button wasn't responding to my clicks and I assumed it just wasn't working, but it did, lol

EDIT: Well, since i already double posted, i can use this to confirm that the last build from 2022 works flawless with all post eol updates up to 2021 installed.

Edited by GTAGAME

On 8/11/2023 at 7:20 PM, GTAGAME said:

It's still broken for me unfortunately. I haven't installed any 2022 updates and only had KB4580385 in the list to remove.

After removing the update, Extended Kernel still breaks the entire system.

Screenshot_20230812_010916.png

Actually, this does not work at all, you can install the updates, but not 2022 updates, and the method is to not restore the system files. Then it will work. Now you got this error as I don't know you have restored your system files.

Lesson:- Do NOT restore your system files before installing the March 9 build of Windows Vista Extended Kernel, 

I always do that then after that you get Media Foundation Platform Setup, then create osver.ini to have Windows 7 version. Then this worked fine.

On 8/12/2023 at 1:20 AM, GTAGAME said:

It's still broken for me unfortunately. I haven't installed any 2022 updates and only had KB4580385 in the list to remove.

After removing the update, Extended Kernel still breaks the entire system.

Screenshot_20230812_010916.png

Have you installed the August 2023 update? I encounter several problems with the maj of this me.

18 hours ago, LiptonAcer said:

Have you installed the August 2023 update? I encounter several problems with the maj of this me.

The problems occurred when you restore your system files before installing the Windows Vista Extended Kernel March 2023 Revision 1, so don't restore your system files, then it will run fine.

Hello, I have "windows vista extended kernel" installed with all its files, but when I want to open an installer of any program it doesn't even open, even if I modify the osver.ini file, removing the "*" yes, portable programs work quite well like firefox 102 or chromium, but I want to fix that problem, does anyone have a patch or something?

The temporary fix for broken 32-bit open file dialogs is to replace shell32.dll in SysWOW64 with the one from October 2022 EK (also if replace both 64-bit and 32-bit kernel32.dll with the one from October 2022 EK and revert userenv.dll to original Vista one, you can make March 2023 EK as stable as October 2022 EK, and if some program need the March 2023 equivalent of these files, just use redirection method, but there is another problem which happens even in October 2022 EK, and it is broken language bar, also idk how to fix the issue that sample videos refuse to play on WMP as well as idk if them work on October 2022 EK)

Edited by Cockatiel

Hello I have a problem when I try to launch firefox.exe error appears and so my question is how I can fix this? I tried with many versions, but and they doesn't work. I installed the extended kernel on my old laptop correctly.

IMG-20230823-131512-608.jpg

Edited by Yordan03

8 hours ago, Yordan03 said:

Hello I have a problem when I try to launch firefox.exe error appears and so my question is how I can fix this? I tried with many versions, but and they doesn't work. I installed the extended kernel on my old laptop correctly.

most of the recent versions of Firefox require at minimum the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, install that and it should start. 

Edited by AndrewSM36

7 hours ago, AndrewSM36 said:

most of the recent versions of Firefox require at minimum the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, install that and it should start. 

Download and install Visual Studio C++ 2015 Redistributable from the link given https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=48145

System Requirements:- Windows XP or later. This will work for Windows Vista Extended Kernel.

Screenshot_2023-08-23-22-58-11-127_com.google.android.apps.searchlite.jpg

Edited by WinSuper2005

4 minutes ago, WinSuper2005 said:

Download and install Visual Studio C++ 2015 Redistributable from the link given https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=48145

System Requirements:- Windows XP or later. This will work for Windows Vista Extended Kernel.

Screenshot_2023-08-23-22-58-11-127_com.google.android.apps.searchlite.jpg

7 hours ago, AndrewSM36 said:

16 hours ago, Yordan03 said:

Now you can install the Visual C++ all in one, it is required as you can install Firefox, but the Media Foundation Platform Setup is required to make more applications work like the latest Mozilla Firefox. Since Firefox ended the support for Windows 7 or Windows 8, or the latest Mozilla Firefox is compatible with Windows 10 or newer, I recommend you to spoof the Windows 10 version to Windows Vista.

Edited by WinSuper2005