Aero Glass for Win10 Version 2004 Build 19041

tron03

It's true, Microsoft p***es me off in the sense that every feature update breaks apps, like Aero Glass, 7+ Taskbar Tweaker. That's why today I disabled auto-updates. I want smooth updates, with all of my apps ready for the grand Windows update.

On 7/7/2020 at 8:09 PM, adrianocolvero said:

The Microsoft advocate joined the chat.

dang i missed this. logged on earlier to see if there's been an update

there wasn't so i just did it myself 

its almost like embracing an OS is productive!

ss.png

On 7/31/2020 at 10:51 AM, bigmuscle said:

Yes, I would appreciate it too so it will be released when it is ready. Current status is that it does not work correctly yet.

On the other side, I doubt that someone needs to upgrade to new builds immediately when it is released, especially when some needed software is not compatible with it.

Thanks so much for your communication, and letting us know that this great project is still alive!
Looking forward to "when it's ready"! :cool:

Also very very glad to hear bigmuscle is still working on this soft.

I currently use Windows 8.1 with StartIsBack in it's Windows 7 skin and a Windows 7 Aero Glass theme.

I tried WindowBlinds in Windows 10 2004 with the closest Windows 7 Aero Glass themes I could find,  but it doesn't play well with StartisBack or Open Shell as I wasn't able to get the transparency and colour to be the exact same as I have in Windows 8.1.

Edited by DrStrange

I sure do miss my window borders. 

Don't get me wrong, I love translucency, but to me the biggest improvement I've felt from Big Muscle's software is to be able to create compositing resources that include a visible border.  There is no substitute for visually finding the window border for resizing, etc.  I can't tell you how many times I've been frustrated by trying to grab the corner, no, inside the corner, no just outside the corner, only to have a window underneath jump up unexpectedly or something.

-Noel

On 8/12/2020 at 9:32 PM, NoelC said:

I sure do miss my window borders. 

Don't get me wrong, I love translucency, but to me the biggest improvement I've felt from Big Muscle's software is to be able to create compositing resources that include a visible border.  There is no substitute for visually finding the window border for resizing, etc.  I can't tell you how many times I've been frustrated by trying to grab the corner, no, inside the corner, no just outside the corner, only to have a window underneath jump up unexpectedly or something.

-Noel

same here.

You can still take care of window borders without Aero Glass. Have a laptop running 32-bit Win10 1809, for which suitable Aero Glass build doesn't exist, but still have decent borders with shadows and everything.

Custom themes are easier now since SecureUxTheme is a thing. Though it's true that you still need Aero Glass if you want rounded corners.

On 8/15/2020 at 8:40 PM, UCyborg said:

You can still take care of window borders without Aero Glass. Have a laptop running 32-bit Win10 1809, for which suitable Aero Glass build doesn't exist, but still have decent borders with shadows and everything.

Custom themes are easier now since SecureUxTheme is a thing. Though it's true that you still need Aero Glass if you want rounded corners.

Yes, I applied the Aero 7 theme to Windows 10 2004 using SecureUxTheme and it works OK. The rounded corners work ok and it has the glass effect but no transparency, some applications also look weird...

Edited by Jig The Fig

On 8/5/2020 at 1:42 AM, jeromescuggs said:

dang i missed this. logged on earlier to see if there's been an update

there wasn't so i just did it myself 

its almost like embracing an OS is productive!

ss.png

yooooooo ... you op genius xD

How did you do that xD

On 8/16/2020 at 3:41 PM, Jig The Fig said:

Yes, I applied the Aero 7 theme to Windows 10 2004 using SecureUxTheme and it works OK. The rounded corners work ok and it has the glass effect but no transparency, some applications also look weird...

Hello I am trying to get a windows 7 theme could you tell me where you got yours? :huh:

4 hours ago, shimble said:

Hello I am trying to get a windows 7 theme could you tell me where you got yours? :huh:

Look on DeviantArt and there is a theme called "Aero 7", download it and put it in C:\Windows\Resources\Themes and then patch and apply it using SecureUXTheme.