Aero Glass for Win10 Version 2004 Build 19041

tron03

21 hours ago, MDJ said:

BM either got sick keeping up with the newest Windows versions over the years. Or got paid by Microsoft to stop interfering with the design they envision for the Windows 10.

don't get the point why Microsoft should interfere with good Software, they also messes up Skype .... just like Facebook bought WhatsApp ... same story, money rules the world ... still hope for a new release soon, but maybe he got really sick :S

Edited by Lizard

OK, using Stardock Curtains, I got a pretty nice basic dark win10 test theme together as I think.

It has translucent window frames (you have to use "Old New Explorer" -> "enable glass on navigation bar") and the Nav bar on the left

is a bit lighter in color, like the win control panel windows. Tested it on Windows 10 2004 19041.488.

b9x76cgm.png

If you want to try it on your own, here are the theme files:

Curtains_10_Dark_Aero_Test.7z

1. Install Stardock Curtains (I used the 30 day trial)
  2. Extract the archive to:  C:\Users\Public\Documents\Stardock\Curtains
  3. Run Curtains and select "Win10 Dark Aero Test"

fz3murw5.png

Edited by This field is required

I am also using Curtains and did a little photoshopping to edit the textures that the theme I chose uses so they have some translucency. Also added a gaussian blur effect to it so it wasnt just straight transparent. Very happy with it and is gonna be the closest thing we have to "Aero" for now.

I went ahead and bought it because for what it can do, $10 aint bad.

@This field is required Just a suggestion, but your titlebar texture should be edited so it isnt completely transparent. It clashes every easily with the stuff behind it.

Edited by raiden89

But how to add a blur effect to the title bar texture? When I add a texture (lbased on the background image or similar) and then remove it,

the title bar becomes completely transparent. So I created my own texture in Photoshop and set its opacity to 90% to make it a bit translucent instead

of becoming completely opaque.

If there's a way to blur behind the title bar/behind the texture using curtains, don't hesitate to share it.

Edited by This field is required

9 hours ago, This field is required said:

But how to add a blur effect to the title bar texture? When I add a texture (lbased on the background image or similar) and then remove it,

the title bar becomes completely transparent. So I created my own texture in Photoshop and set its opacity to 90% to make it a bit translucent instead

If there's a way to blur behind the title bar/behind the texture using curtains, don't hesitate to share it.

This is what I wonder aswell. And I guess there's no trick to atleast make it appear as if it had rounded corners?

I've been trying to work with applying blur to transparent layers in Photoshop, but no luck yet.  If i figure it out I'll post here.  I see the potential as it applies the transparency every I want, it's just the blur on the title bar that has to be solved.  

On 10/15/2020 at 3:19 PM, This field is required said:

OK, using Stardock Curtains, I got a pretty nice basic dark win10 test theme together as I think.

It has translucent window frames (you have to use "Old New Explorer" -> "enable glass on navigation bar") and the Nav bar on the left

is a bit lighter in color, like the win control panel windows. Tested it on Windows 10 2004 19041.488.

b9x76cgm.png

If you want to try it on your own, here are the theme files:

Curtains_10_Dark_Aero_Test.7z

1. Install Stardock Curtains (I used the 30 day trial)
  2. Extract the archive to:  C:\Users\Public\Documents\Stardock\Curtains
  3. Run Curtains and select "Win10 Dark Aero Test"

fz3murw5.png

The Curtains_10_Dark_Aero_Test.7z link is broken.
Could you upload it again?
Thank you

On 10/15/2020 at 6:35 PM, This field is required said:

On 10/16/2020 at 9:14 PM, dna-systems said:

I've been trying to work with applying blur to transparent layers in Photoshop, but no luck yet.  If i figure it out I'll post here.  I see the potential as it applies the transparency every I want, it's just the blur on the title bar that has to be solved.  

What I did, to start, was take the texture from Midnight. Set the opacity to less than 100%, whichever you like, then add a Gaussian blur and test out the levels to get the kinda "blur" that you want. Instead of trying to use a transparent texture, use a solid one and adjust the opacity and add the blur. All of this was done in GIMP. You can't make these kinds of adjustments in Curtains.

You won't be able to use a transparent texture as there is no opacity to adjust and blur won't be seen.

For me, it is too distracting to clearly see behind the titlebars to the stuff behind it.

Edited by raiden89

1 hour ago, Lizard said:

I think BM should let us know if this project is dead or not ....

He doesn't post much, but he did a post a month or two ago in one of the threads that he was working on it, but the development wasn't at the point it was working yet.