Aero Glass for Win10 Version 2004 Build 19041

tron03

6 hours ago, netsendjoe said:

First and foremost, I hope that BM is ok.. I don't know what or if anything happened, but it seems like this project hasn't been updated in quite some time.
I wish that someone would take over the works of it if BM is no longer with us or working on this.
Not a fan of WindowsBlinds because it always wasted system resources, while BM's method of restoring the native implementation of transparencies was better.

I agree, while there are some pretty nice themes for WB , the one thing it has NEVER been able to do is skin the entire OS and it kinda sucks if you are creating a dark theme and are left with areas of white that WB cannot skin.

Another thing is the system resources it uses, which is really not a problem with today's computers but why waste system resources running third party themes when it really isn't necessary? just another area they have never tried to correct or advance in and is where Stardock falls behind. Instead of them joining, embracing and working with the themeing community they choose to keep all their stuff proprietary, like themeing cannot be achieved without their software ... lol, in the long run is only going to hurt them. Word is they will not have a fully working Window Blind program for Windows 11 until 2023 ....... Ouch! That is gonna cost them.

As far as BM , I sincerely hope he is ok and would like him to answer even if it is to say he is not continuing on with Aeroglass. Aeroglass was always a far better option than Window Blinds.

Don't really know if anyone can take over his works , you would need source code for that and who knows how close BM kept his secrets to his vest? and IF anything , god forbid, has happened to him if anyone else even had access to his works.

I am no programmer or anything but I wounder if Aeroglass can be de compiled to show it's source code?

• 1 month later...

Some interesting news is that I posted this over in the Windows 11 part of this forum, but Ill do a TLDR here since it relates to Aero Glass.

There is a possibility that the next major insider Dev build this week will include Acrylic title bars out of the box, implimented by Microsoft. It was "shown" in a PowerToys stream. We'll see if this actually goes through this week. Build in specifics was 2505x related

Edited by Tonny52

I have, and will continue, to remain on LTSC 2019 (v1809). It is the newest version of Windoze I can tolerate, and it supports AeroGlass 100%. There are just too many things I find displeasing about newer versions to put up with. I dropped by to see if @bigmuscle ever renewed his interest in supporting AeroGlass and it appears that he has not. Bummer.

Edited by BJFox

Some new information on Windows 11 "Aero" title bars. 

With an app (MicaForEveryone) you can enable an experimental DWM flag that gives Acrylic title bars to some windows. you also have choices for tabbed or mica. Acrylic looks really nice....

image.png.dd73e4fcdcafacc38e7692521cd7f73d.png

With "ExtendFrameIntoClientArea" turned on:
image.png.158a2897d059836927690e8ac76f8b6a.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

There are other files besides dwm.exe, eg. dwmcore.dll, uDWM.dll and others. I tried replacing DWM version in the past, but I either missed something or there are just too complicated dependencies on other system DLLs and how they work, so all I managed to do was making DWM non-functional.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/21/2022 at 2:35 PM, sunryze said:

Some new information on Windows 11 "Aero" title bars. 

With an app (MicaForEveryone) you can enable an experimental DWM flag that gives Acrylic title bars to some windows. you also have choices for tabbed or mica. Acrylic looks really nice....

image.png.dd73e4fcdcafacc38e7692521cd7f73d.png

With "ExtendFrameIntoClientArea" turned on:
image.png.158a2897d059836927690e8ac76f8b6a.png

An update about this, this is a feature in 22621. You can enable it with Mica for Everyone, and there are also browser themes that carry the theme into those. Works decently well if you want a modern Aero look.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2023 at 4:42 PM, sunryze said:

Works decently well if you want a modern Aero look.

The problem is that the blur effect that's considered "modern" nowadays is way too strong, so strong that it might as well be a solid colour when comparing it to real Aero. It looks fine for flat themes, but looks terrible if you've applied a skeuomorphic theme, like the Longhorn -> 7 themes, or a custom one, to your desktop (which is why WindowBlinds 11's Aero themes are even worse than 10's equivalents).

On the bright side, I AM very happy about the upcoming Windows 11 titlebars being made to apply the blur to browsers' tabs in the same way that Aero did (the tabs overlapping the titlebar while the titlebar itself maintains the effect)!

Edited by TheInsane101

• 2 months later...

Wow, I've been eagerly waiting for Aero Glass to arrive on Win10 Version 2004 Build 19041! This is such an exciting update. The transparency and sleek design of Aero Glass always add a touch of elegance to the Windows interface. Can't wait to give it a try and enhance my desktop experience even further! 👌 #AeroGlass #Windows10 #UpdateEnthusiast