My Browser Builds (Part 2)

5 hours ago, VistaLover said:

The FoxyProxy extension checks for

fp.isGecko45 = this.vc.compare(this.appInfo.platformVersion, "45.0a1") >= 0;

because rudimentary authentication (with login credentials) for SOCKSv5 proxy was finally implemented in Firefox Nightly 45.0a1 when Bugzilla #1200802 landed: 

Accept SOCKS credentials in proxyInfo object

The above condition isn't met for UXP apps (NM28/St52) and St55, because they use the Goanna 4.x versioning; but because UXP[Goanna4.x] was forked from Mozilla[Gecko] 52 (> 45.0a1), #1200802 code exists in the UXP tree and thus, by applying the patch

fp.isGecko45 = true;

the requested feature now works (same logic applies to Moebius[Goanna4.0] forked from Mozilla[Gecko] 53 (> 45.0a1) )...

NM27 builds on the Tycho platform; Tycho[Goanna3] was forked from Mozilla[Gecko] 38 (< 45.0a1), and so is AF, thus the fix introduced by #1200802 is absent in the Tycho code tree; hence the patch doesn't work there...

If @roytam1 was to apply, somehow, the fix from #1200802 to Tycho, then the FoxyProxy "patch" would also work in NM27 - however, the diff introduced by #1200802 involves modifying 20 files, it's unclear (to me) whether it would apply cleanly to Tycho and whether, ultimately, would work... @roytam1, would you care to try and hopefully compile a test build? I'm sure @Mabeso would be more than happy to test... ;)

Best regards :)

sure. https://o.rths.ml/palemoon/palemoon-27.9.6.win32-git-20191103-13f9e7fee-xpmod_bug1200802.7z

this is only test build, if this commit gets in source tree, platform version and application version will both be bumped.

my foxyproxy@eric.h.jung.xpi in /boc-uxp/ has been patched to test Goanna(engine version > 4.0a1) engine by checking if browser.search.searchEnginesURL contains "palemoon" (since there is no proper way to differentiate between gecko and goanna in API level AFAIK)

Edited by roytam1

7 hours ago, luweitest said:

but it always forcing me to complete more than 3 tasks.

The worst thing is that Google basically punishes you for not using Chrome, since it only seems to happen if you're using Firefox or any of its derivatives, not sure about other Chromium-based browsers, but I feel like it happens when using them as well.

Edited by Kwasiarz

Kwasiarz said: The worst thing is that Google basically punishes you for not using Chrome, since it only seems to happen if you're using Firefox or any of its derivatives, not sure about other Chromium-based browsers, but I feel like it happens when using them as well.

Another important point is how fingerprinted your browser is. They say reCaptchas also let you pass without any probs in other browsers if you're logged into a Google account...

Mathwiz said: Google's reCaptcha is used by many Web sites, but the data is hosted by Google, and your responses are validated by Google. They sneak a few images into their reCaptchas where the "correct" answer is unknown, so they can use the user's responses to train their self-driving car software.

luweitest said: The challenges are all traffic related object recognition, which clearly is for auto-driving AI training. I don't mind do a couple of them, but it always forcing me to complete more than 3 tasks. Very annoying, especially one site I visit recently added reCaptcha challenges, but recklessly limited submission in 30 seconds, which I could never finish, essentially locked me out.

Good point! Suddenly it makes perfect sense that many images are so confusing, with no clear answer!

Mathwiz said: I think we all hate them. I especially hate Google's since I learned that Google is using reCaptcha challenges to train its AI.

Am afraid they abuse all their services to train their almighty AI. After recent reports about AI now being able to even do fake phone calls, sounding like real people and asking+replying intelligently, and getting away as real humans, there seem no limits anymore. And for example knowing how the internet is infested with paid trolls and spammers, pretending to be regular users and trying to distort public opinions, one can bet they now continually replace those fake accounts with AI robots too :-/

Edited by siria

9 hours ago, roytam1 said:

sure. https://o.rths.ml/palemoon/palemoon-27.9.6.win32-git-20191103-13f9e7fee-xpmod_bug1200802.7z

this is only test build, if this commit gets in source tree, platform version and application version will both be bumped.

Many thanks indeed for your swift response and efforts :thumbup ; ... but I'm not in immediate need of the feature implemented, nor in a state to test its successful implementation myself, as I lack access to a SOCKSv5 proxy server with mandatory authentication; @Mabeso is the one to properly test that build, if he's currently reading this, he's kindly invited to test and report back ;) !

10 hours ago, roytam1 said:

my foxyproxy@eric.h.jung.xpi in /boc-uxp/ has been patched

... So, no need anymore to keep the META-INF directory :dubbio:; and, since it's not obvious by the current filename, it was originally the foxyproxy_standard-4.6.5 flavour of the extension...

10 hours ago, roytam1 said:

to test Goanna(engine version > 4.0a1) engine by checking if browser.search.searchEnginesURL contains "palemoon" (since there is no proper way to differentiate between gecko and goanna in API level AFAIK)

This is done, AFAICS, in the code below:

try {
    fp.isGoanna = (prefs.getCharPref("browser.search.searchEnginesURL").indexOf("palemoon") > 0);
  } catch(e) {}

Apologies if I get this wrong (as said multiple times, I can't code myself :(), but I expect the above code to NOT WORK in the cases of Serpent 52.9.0 (Goanna 4.x.x) and Serpent 55.0.0 (Goanna 4.0.x), because,

St52 => (by default) :

browser.search.searchEnginesURL;https://addons.basilisk-browser.org/search-plugins/

and St55 => (by default) :

browser.search.searchEnginesURL;https://addons.mozilla.org/%LOCALE%/firefox/search-engines/

:rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

... So, no need anymore to keep the META-INF directory :dubbio:; and, since it's not obvious by the current filename, it was originally the foxyproxy_standard-4.6.5 flavour of the extension...

alright renamed to foxyproxy_standard-4.6.5-pm.xpi

7 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

Apologies if I get this wrong (as said multiple times, I can't code myself :(), but I expect the above code to NOT WORK in the cases of Serpent 52.9.0 (Goanna 4.x.x) and Serpent 55.0.0 (Goanna 4.0.x), because,

okay it will check app.feedback.baseURL as well if palemoon is not found in browser.search.searchEnginesURL.

That was my attempt awhile back to figure out if engine is gecko or goanna, for a K-Meleon macro:

_troubleshootprefs_getKMver{
if ((getpref(STRING,"platform.name")=="Goanna") or (index(getpref(STRING,"services.sync.syncKeyHelpURL"),"palemoon")>0) or (index(getpref(STRING,"services.sync.addons.trustedSourceHostnames"),"palemoon")>0)) $_eng="Goanna"; else $_eng="Gecko";

@roytam1

My good people I have pleasure in announcing that our beloved Mozilla bug ( 23 min/ 25 freeze ) has gone. There is only an imperceptible stoppage for a fraction of a second. It applies to youtube videos only. Tonight I'll check this other site(s) to see what happens. Let you know in the foreseeable future.

I am using the latest NM28

Cheers

Ps. How did you do that Roy ?

Edited by Tangy

On 11/3/2019 at 3:01 PM, siria said:

That was my attempt a while back to figure out if engine is gecko or goanna, for a K-Meleon macro:

_troubleshootprefs_getKMver{
if ((getpref(STRING,"platform.name")=="Goanna") or (index(getpref(STRING,"services.sync.syncKeyHelpURL"),"palemoon")>0) or (index(getpref(STRING,"services.sync.addons.trustedSourceHostnames"),"palemoon")>0)) $_eng="Goanna"; else $_eng="Gecko";

Thanks @siria  :thumbup ; at least the second and third referenced prefs "kill two birds with one stone" (both NM28 & recent St52) :

services.sync.syncKeyHelpURL;http://www.palemoon.org/sync/keyhelp.shtml
services.sync.addons.trustedSourceHostnames;addons.palemoon.org,addons.mozilla.org

but, sadly, leave out Serpent 55/Moebius:

services.sync.syncKeyHelpURL;https://services.mozilla.com/help/synckey
services.sync.addons.trustedSourceHostnames;addons.mozilla.org

:)

On 11/3/2019 at 1:00 PM, roytam1 said:

okay it will check app.feedback.baseURL as well if palemoon is not found in browser.search.searchEnginesURL.

New snippet

try {
    fp.isGoanna = (prefs.getCharPref("browser.search.searchEnginesURL").indexOf("palemoon") > 0);
    if(!fp.isGoanna) fp.isGoanna = (prefs.getCharPref("app.feedback.baseURL").indexOf("palemoon") > 0);
  } catch(e) {}

will probably miss current Serpent 52.9.0/UXP,

browser.search.searchEnginesURL;https://addons.basilisk-browser.org/search-plugins/

and (because of @Mathwiz's PRs):

app.feedback.baseURL;https://msfn.org/board/topic/177125-my-build-of-new-moon-temp-name-aka-pale-moon-fork-targetting-xp/?do=getNewComment

... unless "palemoon" = "pale-moon"

If the JS .indexOf function uses REGEX, perhaps it should just search for "moon" ? :dubbio:

FTR, existing snippet will catch Serpent55/Moebius,

app.feedback.baseURL;https://forum.palemoon.org/viewforum.php?f=61

unless, of course, that URL is also changed via a future PR... :whistle:

Edited by VistaLover

2 hours ago, VistaLover said:

unless, of course, that URL is also changed via a future PR... :whistle:

I'm not going to change this as it is the only one reference to upstream for identification.

2 hours ago, VistaLover said:

New snippet

try {
    if(!fp.isGoanna) fp.isGoanna = (prefs.getCharPref("app.feedback.baseURL").indexOf("palemoon") > 0);
  } catch(e) {}

will probably miss current Serpent 52.9.0/UXP,

first line changed to match basilisk as well.

21 minutes ago, roytam1 said:

first line changed to match basilisk as well.

Many thanks, finally :worship: ... and apologies for pestering you all night with this, it's just an OCD of mine to not get along well with half-baked solutions... :lol:

For the curious:

try {
    fp.isGoanna = (prefs.getCharPref("browser.search.searchEnginesURL").match(/(palemoon|basilisk)/) != null);
  } catch(e) {}

Have a fine new week! :)

> I don't hate everything about Google; I still use their search engine (albeit via Startpage.com).
Startpage.com gives me a "No cypher overlap" error. Google.com doesn't, but requires a FF2 UA to be usable!

> They say reCaptchas also let you pass without any probs in other browsers if you're logged into a Google account...
This summer Google invalidated old login cookies and updated their login JS, so it is no longer possible to login on FF2.

So while I still use SM2.0.14 90% of the time, I continue working on making Roy's browsers more usable on 9x/ME via KernelEx (KG74 is currently the only way I can upload MSFN.org attachments from home!).

On 11/3/2019 at 8:33 AM, roytam1 said:

I'm sure @Mabeso would be more than happy to test... ;)

On 11/3/2019 at 8:33 AM, roytam1 said:

Works totally fine now (though only with my version of Foxy Proxy with the dumb "fp.isGecko45 = true" fix).

Edited by Mabeso

On 11/2/2019 at 7:42 AM, roytam1 said:

New build of BOC/UXP for XP!

Test binary:
MailNews Win32 https://o.rths.ml/boc-uxp/mailnews.win32-20191102-6b769f4-uxp-ff881bdb6-xpmod.7z
Browser-only Suite Win32 https://o.rths.ml/boc-uxp/bnavigator.win32-20191102-6b769f4-uxp-ff881bdb6-xpmod.7z

source patch (excluding UXP): https://o.rths.ml/boc-uxp/boc-uxp-src-xpmod-20190720.7z

No official repo changes since my last build.

For UXP changes please see above.

there are changes now, but unless his uxp branch goes into main branch(or unless I cherry-pick his branch's changes into my tree), I will do cherry-picks of his repo only.

1. Very big problems with loging here in PM/NM 27 SSE. worked finally after installing update and adjusting all settings. but today login-problems again.

I tried all possible browsers. yes also tried to whitelist in noscript. it was greyed out maybe admin.rights needed. will retry.

I am now in Chrome and it worked. at least i know now which PW is really working.

2. Bigger problem is-since Nov 5th-Tuesday after FB implemented update(they warned browser will not be supported anymore soon) .
here is what i get. after starting to read and scrolling there is a grey surface covering background. one can write, answer but its in nebula and messenger non visible.navigating a mess.

I dont like Suckerberg.
3. I still dont get notifications. yes i understood and set correctly, screenshot following
 i will try to change email. maybe its blocked by you due to possible email-spoofing.
UPDATE: No wonder i didnt see below Save-button are more setting. Why is this button not at the end? see second image.

Facebook Nervt 2.png

Notification settings MSFN org complete.png

Edited by 3dreal