My Browser Builds (Part 2)

23 hours ago, rereser said:

no problems with this browser

With respect. this fact alone doesn't tell "us" anything useful, i.e. it doesn't contribute in the slightest towards identifying the exact cause of the issue reported in recent New Moon 28/Serpent 52 builds affecting you and several others... :whistle:

.... And, despite me having posted about it numerous times in the past, the Mypal fork is based on the release (stable) upstream branches of UXP+Pale Moon, while NM28 is based on the master (unstable) branches of UXP+Pale Moon (i.e. newer code; don't just let appVersion numbers fool you; arithmetic may dictate 28.13.1 > 28.10.2a1, but it's not the case code-wise); if that "bug" (probably connected to specific hardware setups and/or use of certain extensions) doesn't bite you yet in Mypal 28.13.1, it might when you later upgrade to Mypal 28.14.0 or later... IOW, switching to Mypal 28.13.1 from recent NM28 builds might be akin to @sal here downgrading his St52 copy to older buildID=20200904161558 :o 
What is unfortunate though is that our maintainer can't replicate it (yet?), so things for now look grim... :(

Edited by VistaLover

10 hours ago, IXOYE said:

Hi

This is how the bug is constantly and repeatedly occurring on my computer.
I open basilisk 52, I go to this website of peertube instances: https://instances.joinpeertube.org/instances

then I choose any instance and launch a video. I watch the video for a few seconds and close the instance tab of the video to go back to the instance list tab to choose another instance. By moving the mouse cursor over the list, after a few seconds the bug occurs every time.

basilisk 52 is portable-loading. with "ublock origin" as the only add-on...on xp2

2020-09-28_092122.png

I tried this on my basilisk52 (2020.09.25 ia32) and nothing happened - no error. I moved the cursor over all visible cells of the table.

Then i tried several more times...

Just when i thought my build may not be affected - it happened, lol.

Crash log here.

There were no changes from my side (no hardware changes, no software changes, and no configuration changes) after buildID=20200904161558 - it wasn't until the two builds following that BuildID the application error bug began for me?!

And I've been surfing and posting.. here, there, and everywhere this evening with not a single error whatsoever with buildID=20200904161558. Ever since I started using roytam1's builds, I've updated every week with no issues up until now with Basilisk/Serpent, so whilst I'd rather not go backwards, I'll give every new build a try again and see what happens before downgrading again.

Edited by sal here

@VistaLover.

thanks for the download manager fix.
as to testing Mypal vs New Moon.
it is not my intention to switch browsers.
just was curious as to how Mypal works with the "instances " page.
am happy to see that this is a more friendly board compared to the upstream one.
and a big thanks to roytam1 for maintaining New Moon and other weekly builds.
did not mean any disrespect.
regards.

20 hours ago, VistaLover said:

Thanks for building this time with the " --disable-accessibility"  flag... :thumbup

Could you explain what this means?

Is this a v28-only build preference or does this effect recent v27 builds also (ie, the week or two that Roytam had computer issues)?

My default is v27 dated 9-12-20.

Edited by ArcticFoxie

Out Pale Moon 28.14.0.

Release Notes:

https://www.palemoon.org/releasenotes.shtml

Please note that this goes hand in hand with an update of our redistribution license *****, and from this point forward any "New Moon" products are to be considered separate, and not unofficial Pale Moon builds or in any way related to or affiliated with Pale Moon, despite the similarity in name.

***** = https://www.palemoon.org/redist.shtml

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

58 minutes ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

13. Unofficial branding ("Browser") as supplied in the source code may be used for unendorsed binaries. Thusly branded binaries with the unofficial logo and product name are not subject to the endorsement and exception rules as set out in previous points of this license and may be freely distributed in altered or unaltered form, subject to the Mozilla Public License as regards source code changes and availability. This permission does, however, not include any rights or license to the Pale Moon name and logo that may still be present in the resulting unofficially branded binaries. This unofficial branding is provided as a courtesy for transitional use only and intended only for the transitional period (of reasonable length) in which a new product identity is established. Use of unofficial branding should not be unduly perpetuated and should be ceased at the earliest opportunity when a product identity is established.

Moonchild's stance is now "if the mountain won't come to Muhammad, then Muhammad must go to the mountain", as expressed (along with "name calling") below:

https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?p=200402#p200402

by equating anything with that name to roytams builds and redirecting someone on at least endorsed builds to a group of respectless, selfimportant hackers who now force us to rebrand because they refuse.

and further down in that thread:

Because someone decided to drag that filth in.

<_<

Edited by VistaLover

3 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:
23 hours ago, VistaLover said:

Thanks for building this time with the " --disable-accessibility"  flag... :thumbup

Could you explain what this means? Is this a v28-only build preference

Please read below:

On 9/20/2020 at 2:41 AM, roytam1 said:
On 9/20/2020 at 2:31 AM, VistaLover said:

Starting with last weekend's New Moon 28 package (linked-to above) and including this weekend's latest NM28 offering, I've noticed that 3 compiled files, all previously associated with Serpent 52.9.0 builds, have somehow slipped into New Moon's main app directory; these files are:

Accessible.tlb
AccessibleMarshal.dll
IA2Marshal.dll

I browsed quickly your custom UXP branch and did not find any clues there as to why these 3 files now appear inside NM28's main appdir :dubbio:; if it's any info, these 3 files also do not appear inside upstream official compilations of Pale Moon 28.13.0/29.0.0a6; but since our fork has deviated somewhat from upstream, that fact may or may not be relevant...

Mentioned files, as pretty much expected, continue to reside inside Serpent 52.9.0's main appdir (as well as in upstream official Basilisk 52.9.2020.09.11 )

Now, as a test, I went along and deleted those 3 "errant" files and latest New Moon 28.10.2a1 32-bit (buildID=20200918232718) launches and runs fine here (Vista SP2 32-bit, build 6.0..6003) without them...

that's the accessibility libraries, official builds and my old builds used to have --disable-accessibility specified. I lost the build config and then it turns on that on compilation.

... and

On 9/20/2020 at 4:56 AM, roytam1 said:
On 9/20/2020 at 3:09 AM, VistaLover said:

How do you intend on pursuing this? Will you be going back to a --disable-accessibility build config flag for your future NM28 builds, continue as things stand now or is this simply now out of your control?

will go if I remember to do this.

As to:

3 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

or does this effect recent v27 builds also (ie, the week or two that Roytam had computer issues)?

I'm not currently using NM27, but do you now (i.e. in latest builds) see extraneous accessibility files inside its main directory? :dubbio:FWIW, one can always consult built-in pages like "about:buildconfig" to read build-time configuration flags... ;)

NM28XP Win32.

temp solution for the app crash on https://instances.joinpeertube.org/instances
layout.css.resizeobserver.enabled - set to false.
RESET the pref when roytam1 releases a new version. (hopefully with the download manager fix)
should work for other forks where the pref is present also but not tested.
this however could "break" some other sites.

Edited by rereser

10 hours ago, roytam1 said:

Notice: due to unstable electricity supply, download service is suspended for the time being.

@roytam1, let me know if you need a mirror - there's enough space for each latest build on my webspace (but not for all builds ever released).

I also can spend an explicit page / small article for your builds on my website (soggi.org) ... just let me know.

kind regards

soggi

Edited by soggi

1 hour ago, soggi said:

@roytam1, let me know if you need a mirror - there's enough space for each latest build on my webspace (but not for all builds ever released).

I also can spend an explicit page / small article for your builds on my website (soggi.org) ... just let me know.

kind regards

soggi

the download server is up again, and feel free to mirror thingies on the server.

On 9/29/2020 at 6:13 PM, VistaLover said:

Moonchild's stance is now "if the mountain won't come to Muhammad, then Muhammad must go to the mountain", as expressed (along with "name calling") below:

Well sometimes Let the Mountain come to me. :)

At this point i see arrogant and rude people from ultra-right wing country who trying push normal people, from around the world, to they wacky understanding of reality. Resist that, don't bend to them!

By the way msfn is not the only forum where this moon-people shenanigans are condemned. Google translate it easy.

Roytam1 is doing excellent work,:worship: i support him - he helped so many people with his calm and intelligent approach.:thumbup

Edited by Rod Steel