Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

roytam1

My build of New Moon (temp. name) a.k.a. Pale Moon fork targetting XP

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Happy_Rabbit said:

Posted 9 minutes ago

https://www.subaru.com/vehicles/outback/models.html/OBK-compare-wrapper-modal

This six-column chart does not display properly in latest version of New Moon 28.6.0a1.win32, though it does display properly in Chrome clones, even an OLD version of SlimJet.

The above URL (from you) SEEMED to load and work okay here in the latest NM28 Browser version.
But I did not try EVERYTHING with it. It had 'Build a Bundle' options and like that, fairly complex.
I did NOT use those. IF you are using WinXP OS, maybe running CHKDSK.EXE would help.

Edited by TechnoRelic

1 hour ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

I just wanted to point this out to avoid possible future complaints (about RT BOC packages) from others.

You obviously make a good point. But maybe @Mathwiz deserves a 'time break' for a bit on doing more 'PULLS' with regard to these RT HELP URLs related to RT's various packages. I think that fixing the NM28 Browser HELP URLs, was likely the best choice, in terms of cutting back on 'unwanted traffic' aimed at PALE MOON websites. 

https://www.subaru.com/vehicles/outback/models.html/OBK-compare-wrapper-modal doesn't seem to render quite right in Serpent 55, or in an earlier NM version (2019-05-10) either (the details are shifted rightward wrt the headings, and the chart is too wide but there's no scroll bar). So it could be a problem common to all UXP-platform browsers.

Or it may just be my specific setup. I have this particular PC zoomed up to 150%, and that's caused occasional problems of this kind before. I'll try it with my more "standard" work PC Monday.

NM 28 changes look exactly as I intended.

I missed one on St 52: the Help / Submit Feedback page still points to palemoon.org. But I can deal with that later.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

attention to anyone who uses my installer:
My server may have been compromised. It is shut down now following some strange behavior that started to happen a few hours ago. i have no reason to believe any files were compromised, but if you have downloaded anything from my server in the past few hours, I encourage you to do a FULL AV scan on your computer.
by tomorrow i will hopefully figure out whats happening with it and bring it back online once i make sure it's safe.

...yes, this does mean that my installer wont work as it depends on a text file on my server. sorry for any inconvenience

as I said, this is out of an abundance of caution, Just take care and make sure your stuff is safe.

Edited by i430VX

On 6/8/2019 at 1:23 PM, TechnoRelic said:

The above URL (from you) SEEMED to load and work okay here in the latest NM28 Browser version.
But I did not try EVERYTHING with it. It had 'Build a Bundle' options and like that, fairly complex.
I did NOT use those. IF you are using WinXP OS, maybe running CHKDSK.EXE would help.

I run chkdsk.exe every time I turn on this old WinXP x86 machine. So hard disk corruption is not the problem.

I also run Speedyfox from time to time to compact the databases of all the browsers on my machine. It seems to speed up loading of the browsers.

I am not sure, but Speedyfox MIGHT also remove minor corruption from the databases.

It is freeware and seems to work well, but may require a little attention to be sure it doesn't miss any of your databases. I recommend it highly:
https://www.crystalidea.com/speedyfox/

On 6/8/2019 at 7:41 PM, Mathwiz said:

https://www.subaru.com/vehicles/outback/models.html/OBK-compare-wrapper-modal doesn't seem to render quite right in Serpent 55, or in an earlier NM version (2019-05-10) either (the details are shifted rightward wrt the headings, and the chart is too wide but there's no scroll bar). So it could be a problem common to all UXP-platform browsers.

Or it may just be my specific setup. I have this particular PC zoomed up to 150%, and that's caused occasional problems of this kind before. I'll try it with my more "standard" work PC Monday.

I will repeat the problematic webpage link below to make this thread easier to follow:

The six-column chart does not render properly in either the latest versions of New Moon 28.6.0a1.win32 or 27.9.6.win32. The same problem existed in earlier versions of New Moon.

The best way to see the display issue is to compare how the chart renders in a Chrome clone browser. Then the issue will be obvious.

I am neither a programmer nor a web designer, so the cause of the problem is completely mysterious to me.

Thanks to both of you for your interest.

• Like 1

Best give the screenshot of expected result (chromium browser) and actual result (NewMoon).

• Like 2

Alright, so about my server issue: FALSE ALARM. Nothing was compromised 

As a precaution more security is in place now, though.

I’ll hopefully have it back up tomorrow (therefore my installer for roys builds will work again)

sorry for any inconvenience about that

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 6/9/2019 at 12:16 AM, Happy_Rabbit said:

This six-column chart does not display properly in latest version of New Moon 28.6.0a1.win32

please get a win7 or later and test the page with official version of palemoon to see if the bug happens in my builds only or not.

Edited by roytam1

1 hour ago, roytam1 said:

please get a win7 or later and test the page with official version of palemoon to see if the bug happens in my builds only or not.

I do not have access to Win7, so I tried the website link in palemoon-26.5.0.Atom.WinXP.installer.exe, the last official version which will run under WinXP.

The webpage link seems to render correctly.

Thanks for your interest and excessive hard work.

A friend of mine is fixing a computer that a costumer gave him and he installed serpent on it, but he wants it to auto update in background so he wouldn't bother with manually updating so, is  it possible to make some sort of plugin/extension so it would support Chrome/Firefox-style background automatic updating?

4 hours ago, Happy_Rabbit said:

(Is trying to get NM28 Browser working on a rendering problem under WinXP OS)

ANYTHING that RT suggests it, defer to him.
My next 'advise' likely will NOT work, because RT did NOT suggest it.
But I would check this particular setting, which RT helped me awhile back suggesting it.

NM28 Browser:
(Menu) TOOLS , PREFERENCES , ADVANCED (Far Right Icon) , GENERAL (Tab, 1st One)
(Setting Box) "Compatibility , User Agent Mode" = FIREFOX COMPATIBILITY (3 choices there)  

See if using "FIREFOX COMPATIBILITY" there helps.
For me, here, it had CHANGED to "NATIVE" setting, and I do NOT recall changing it.
But I have been using a NM28 Add-On "User Agent Switcher" too, so maybe I 'did something.'
So, I just changed it 'back' to FIREFOX COMPATIBILITY again, per advise from RT in past.

Does not hurt to check for this "FIREFOX COMPATIBILITY" setting.
But whatever 'RT' or 'Mathwiz' says it (or 'VistaLover') -- go with them, and ignore me.

Posted (edited)
On 6/8/2019 at 6:41 PM, Mathwiz said:

Just tried this page again at work, where I don't have the problematic 150% zoom setting, and everything seems to render just fine, in both NM (versions 2019-05-24 and 2019-05-30) and Serpent (versions 52.2019.05.31, 52.2019.06.07, and 55.2019.05.22), on both Win 7 and Win XP. And in official Pale Moon (version 28.5.2) on Win 7, for that matter. So the problems I was seeing earlier were apparently due to the zoom setting, which looks like this:

x.PNG.7dc0b5d2b0eb580ca66f45fcdbe8e0a0.PNG

At the normal (100%) setting, I see five of the six columns and there's an arrow which, when clicked, scrolls to the sixth column. Another arrow then appears and I can scroll back.

So I'm afraid you'll need to be much more specific than:

21 hours ago, Happy_Rabbit said:

The six-column chart does not render properly....

Please post a screen shot showing the problem you're seeing, because I can't see it here.

Edited by Mathwiz

Might there be a possibility to include a legacy version of the NoScript addon by default in New Moon?  It definetly makes the web much more useable, not only on the old Windows XP machines. The version 2 seems to be good, I use 2.6.9.32 (didn't find any better). The current NoScript version kills the Celeron from 1999.

• Like 1