My Browser Builds (Part 1)

1 hour ago, caliber said:

I have had an issue on another forum when trying to get registered because the captcha was not visible to me.

I have tested different web browsers under XP and no one was able to see the captcha,  with W7 I had no problem though.

today I got a similar issue when trying to leave a comment on another site, the captcha was invisble even though ublock was disabled.

has anyone suffered from anything similar ?

Looks like a problem with partially broken encryption to me. Check your cipher suites options, if you have Pale Moon Commander installed, or use about:config. Don't mess up! :) While doing so, if it's recaptcha, test it here https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api2/demo or here https://patrickhlauke.github.io/recaptcha/

12 hours ago, mockingbird said:

Firefox used to have good hardware acceleration in XP...  A year or two after it was introduced in version 28 or so, they disabled it.  Chrome did the same thing, but there are hacks to re-enable it on later versions.

In XP flash has excellent hardware acceleration in firefox with these legacy radeon drivers, even in the 52.0 version but you had to go full screen for youtube and other videos.

Guess I was one of the rare ones who didn't mind flash since the quality was perfectly fine but unfortunately few sites use it anymore. Mozilla messed it up in firefox even before its natural demise since after version 42 they forced the buggy plugin-container.exe by removing the option to disable OOPP. The result was choppy videos. It's the same reason primetime videos have reduced quality as well.    

Edited by DanR20

6 hours ago, DanR20 said:

In XP flash has excellent hardware acceleration in firefox with these legacy radeon drivers, even in the 52.0 version but you had to go full screen for youtube and other videos.

Guess I was one of the rare ones who didn't mind flash since the quality was perfectly fine but unfortunately few sites use it anymore. Mozilla messed it up in firefox even before its natural demise since after version 42 they forced the buggy plugin-container.exe by removing the option to disable OOPP. The result was choppy videos. It's the same reason primetime videos have reduced quality as well.    

Yes, flash is excellent in Firefox.  I still use Flash for Youtube.

But I'm referring to canvas acceleration.  That benchmark I posted used to get 60+ FPS on old Firefox versions...  They disabled DirectX9 support on some version.  Would be great if it could be re-enabled in XP.  Surprising no one has brought this up.

14 hours ago, Tamris said:

@caliber Do you have the dom.messageChannel.enabled preference in about:config set to true?

I don't have such a thing.

this is the site I was refering to https://notre-siecle.com/tests-de-capsules-compatibles-pour-les-machines-a-cafe-nespresso/

when you try to leave a comment at the bottom  it shows up this message  ''ERROR: You have selected an incorrect reCAPTCHA value''

as far as the other forum the captcha is working well now.....  :unsure:

screenshot.2.png

Edited by caliber

8 hours ago, mockingbird said:

Yes, flash is excellent in Firefox.  I still use Flash for Youtube.

But I'm referring to canvas acceleration.  That benchmark I posted used to get 60+ FPS on old Firefox versions...  They disabled DirectX9 support on some version.  Would be great if it could be re-enabled in XP.  Surprising no one has brought this up.

+1 vote to enable dx9 hardware acceleration

On 12/10/2018 at 7:42 AM, caliber said:

I have had an issue on another forum when trying to get registered because the captcha was not visible to me.

I have tested different web browsers under XP and no one was able to see the captcha,  with W7 I had no problem though.

today I got a similar issue when trying to leave a comment on another site, the captcha was invisible even though ublock was disabled.

has anyone suffered from anything similar ?

16 hours ago, caliber said:

I see the site refuses to load with an adblocker on, so I won't test; but based on the above, have you tried spoofing W7 in your user agent? E.g.,

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0

(replace both '52.0's with the FF version you want to spoof)

Edited by Mathwiz

On 12/10/2018 at 10:06 AM, Tamris said:

@caliber Do you have the dom.messageChannel.enabled preference in about:config set to true?

16 hours ago, caliber said:

I don't have such a thing. 

You have to add it yourself; you can give it a try but I don't think it will help. It used to be needed for NM 27 but @roytam1 changed the default in newer NM 27 builds so it's no longer needed; I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that "true" is already the default for NM 28, Basilisk, etc. so it's not needed there either.

11 hours ago, Tamris said:

Not sure if it's defaulted to true, I don't have this pref at all, but despite that, captcha works fine for me, just thought maybe it could help him anyway.

what kind of captcha have you seen ? there must be a problem somewhere else as I always check different browsers to find out a solution.

screenshot.1.png

There are different kinds of captcha? I meant the cancerous Google one, which always takes me at least 3 attempts to solve, even if I'm 100% sure I've picked all pics they want me to pick.

Edited by Tamris