Root Certificates and Revoked Certificates for Windows XP

heinoganda

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for letting us know, I updated too.

r6eTWvs.png

About this, I've just noticed from the Event Viewer that I still have lots of crypt32 errors due to the Microsoft Certificate Updater running

aA2o5aR.png

Biayv3G.png

So I'm just gonna uninstall the Microsoft Auto Certificates Updater component given that not only it's no longer useful but it's even "harmful" in the sense that it would be throwing lots of errors for every time it tries to update the root certificates (and fails) in the background, so I invite anyone who still has this component to go "add or remove programs" -> "windows components" and remove it

ajnD3Qq.png

9Wc0FrI.png

24 minutes ago, FranceBB said:

Thanks for letting us know, I updated too.

r6eTWvs.png

About this, I've just noticed from the Event Viewer that I still have lots of crypt32 errors due to the Microsoft Certificate Updater running

aA2o5aR.png

Biayv3G.png

So I'm just gonna uninstall the Microsoft Auto Certificates Updater component given that not only it's no longer useful but it's even "harmful" in the sense that it would be throwing lots of errors for every time it tries to update the root certificates (and fails) in the background, so I invite anyone who still has this component to go "add or remove programs" -> "windows components" and remove it

ajnD3Qq.png

9Wc0FrI.png

20 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

I removed that years ago, it is of course now completely useless.
:yes:

Me, too. When I had fixed all errors in my Windows XP system years ago, I also removed this Microsoft Auto Certificates Updater component. :yes: And bye, bye error messsges in the Event Viewerbye.gif

Yeah, I'm still going through all the errors in the Event Viewer and the plan is to fix them all one by one once and for all on all my systems (the physical one and the VM).

Getting rid of those errors in the Event Viewer does feel good and I reduced them all to just 2 (affecting the system running in the VM) but I'll probably open a separate topic about those as I can't wrap my head around those... I mean they seem to be a bit cryptic.

2 hours ago, FranceBB said:

ajnD3Qq.png

9Wc0FrI.png

2 hours ago, Dave-H said:

I removed that years ago, it is of course now completely useless.
:yes:

Yeah, same here.

• 2 weeks later...