Root Certificates and Revoked Certificates for Windows XP

heinoganda

I have updated Heinoganda's root certificates, but it seems that the "ISRG Root X2" certificate is missing.
Is there an update for this?

I've used the roots and revoked certificates updater v1.6 shown on page 39.It was successful according to the updater.

I have only used it on my user account,but does it also work and update the other user accounts on the pc or do they have to be individually updated?XP 32bit.Sorry if it's a dumb question.

I am using 360Chrome 13.5.1030.
However, this should not be the problem, as the Windows XP certificates are being used.
And ISRG Root X2 is not available here. Only ISRG Root X1.

Is ISRG Root X2 present in your root certificates?

Zertifikat.jpg

I get several of those red insecure connection warnings with 360 chrome 13.5.1030.When I look at certification path it says this certificate is ok.

After using the roots and revoked certificates updater v1.6 it still happens.Don't have this issue with mypal68.

How is this fixed?

3 hours ago, ADMM said:

I get several of those red insecure connection warnings with 360 chrome 13.5.1030.When I look at certification path it says this certificate is ok.

After using the roots and revoked certificates updater v1.6 it still happens.Don't have this issue with mypal68.

How is this fixed?

That Browser is made for their local China market. 360EE has it's own (inner) cert. store. If they aren't approved by the communist party and/or absent in their store - you get a mismatch immediately.

The devs have to comply with the demands of China's communist party. Obviously, you visit the sites that aren't allowed in China, thus the red flags.

3 hours ago, ADMM said:

How is this fixed?

No fix, as we know. Most importantly, if the system certification path says this certificate is OK, you have nothing to worry about. Ignore.

25 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

That Browser is made for their local China market. 360EE has it's own (inner) cert. store. If they aren't approved by the communist party and/or absent in their store - you get a mismatch immediately.

The devs have to comply with the demands of China's communist party. Obviously, you visit the sites that aren't allowed in China, thus the red flags.

Thanks.I'm using 360 chrome 13.5.1030 rebuild 7 from notheretoplaygames.Does that make any difference from what you said or no difference?

3 hours ago, ADMM said:

Thanks.I'm using 360 chrome 13.5.1030 rebuild 7 from notheretoplaygames.Does that make any difference from what you said or no difference?

You're welcome! Then we also have to take into account that the iteration you talk about first came through Russia repackers' hands. As it is based on a repack from Russia.

And don't forget, even if the certificates in its own cert store match yours, you can still see the red flags because its own ones are too old. That browser was released in 2020, we live in 2024.

21 hours ago, Anbima said:

I am using 360Chrome 13.5.1030.
However, this should not be the problem, as the Windows XP certificates are being used.
And ISRG Root X2 is not available here. Only ISRG Root X1.

Is ISRG Root X2 present in your root certificates?

Zertifikat.jpg

It's just that your browser is old, just find a new browser.

7 hours ago, D.Draker said:

360EE uses system certificates like other ChromuimWindowsServer2003Enterprisex64Edition-2024-04-20-18-43-04.thumb.png.f55c6b36f09a34b006e440092a3776c7.png

3 hours ago, CallCateIn58 said:

360EE uses system certificates like other Chromuim

No, it uses its own, in addition to the system ones, but the Chinese are of most importance to this browser.

Go to chrome://settings/certificate

And you will see China issued certificates from 360 original (inner) store.

Any more questions?

360 certificate.png

28 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

No, it uses its own, in addition to the system ones, but the Chinese are of most importance to this browser.

Go to chrome://settings/certificate

And you will see China issued certificates from 360 original (inner) store.

Any more questions?

360 certificate.png

https://caprogram.360.cn/#trust

"360 Browser usually trusts the root certificate trusted by the underlying operating system, but now it will also configure its own root trust store.  360 reserves the right to remove any certificate."

I don’t know whether 360EE preferentially uses the root certificate trusted by the operating system or the root certificate trusted by 360.

Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition-2024-04-20-19-18-41.png

Edited by CallCateIn58