[OLD] Experimental builds

bigmuscle

you cannot be serious in that comment - do you honestly think Microsoft are bothered about a one man show adding Aero to their program - if they were i am pretty sure they could lock it in such a way that it would be nigh on impossible

to your other point

Microsoft new builds also effects people who makes themes for Windows 10

i think you credit them with too much - they are and always have done things their way regardless of input - if something is broken - or not they attempt to fix it - if that impacts on 3rd party software then tough - thats not their concern

Thanks for the updated version. But now it not able to access the donation key. The key is in C:\AeroGlass directory. This is what I get from debug file

"[2015-12-22 09:22:30][0x4E8:0x4EC] Installing DWM hook...
[2015-12-22 09:22:30][0x4E8:0x4EC] User: SYSTEM
[2015-12-22 09:22:30][0x4E8:0x4EC] Module: C:\AeroGlass\DWMGlass.dll
[2015-12-22 09:22:30][0x3B8:0x594] Donation key not loaded (5 - Access is denied.)
[2015-12-22 09:22:30][0x3B8:0x594] Machine ID: QWP76JL2SUQLJLOCETOZLEQSMDPL4VNL6FL6XKLQRL4JE3WQ
[2015-12-22 09:22:30][0x3B8:0x594] Hook (USER32.dll!DrawTextW from udwm.dll) installed
[2015-12-22 09:22:30][0x3B8:0x594] Hook (GDI32.dll!CreateBitmap from udwm.dll) installed
[2015-12-22 09:22:30][0x3B8:0x594] Hook (GDI32.dll!CreateRoundRectRgn from udwm.dll) installed
[2015-12-22 09:22:30][0x3B8:0x594] Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.4.5.520 x64 correctly loaded (C:\AeroGlass\DWMGlass.dll)."

I also provided a screenshot of showing that the machine code matches my profile.

aero%20license_zpsmeu272fw.jpg

Bizarre, mine upgraded fine. Did you try and re-download the key to test?

Yes I did that. No difference.

Looks like a permission error possibly, hence the access denied.

Edit: have you tried to uninstall, delete the aero folder then reinstall to see if that resets things?

Edited by groomp

Edit: have you tried to uninstall, delete the aero folder then reinstall to see if that resets things?

Just did that and still get access denied to the donation key

Edited by daveo76

Just did that and still get access denied to the donation key

So if you look at the properties of the donation.key is there an unblock option at the bottom?

I check my security permissions for the key file and it has listed

Authenticated users

SYSTEM

Administrators

USERS

Window Manager Group

and the owner is me as the user.

I installed the stable version just released (v.1.4.5) and I could swear that at first the minimize and half-screen to full-screen buttons were blue when hovering over them--now no color at all (close button has always been red).  I made some adjustments with the AreoGlassGUI.exe--was it something I did in there that changed them?  Anyone have any idea how to get back the blue colors?  Tried uninstall and re-install to no avail.  Thank you!

Edited by genecooper

I don't know if it would help but maybe try taking ownership of the Aero folder and files with that right click trick? If you haven't installed that reg file to do it just google it. Otherwise I'm out of ideas sorry Daveo.

Peter

I don't know if it would help but maybe try taking ownership of the Aero folder and files with that right click trick? If you haven't installed that reg file to do it just google it. Otherwise I'm out of ideas sorry Daveo.

Peter

Thanks I've downloaded Winaero TakeOwnershipEX and that made it work to get access to my key

Peter

Thanks I've downloaded Winaero TakeOwnershipEX and that made it work to get access to my key

Excellent, glad I could help.