[OLD] Experimental builds

bigmuscle

Just from logging in, I can confirm that Beta 506 does not work on the new preview build 11082.

I can't imagine what a pain it would be for BigMuscle when the faster fast ring comes out.

It works for me except for atlas themes. It seems Microsoft had changed things again to do with themes

Edited by daveo76

Just from logging in, I can confirm that Beta 506 does not work on the new preview build 11082.

I can't imagine what a pain it would be for BigMuscle when the faster fast ring comes out.

It works for me except for atlas themes. It seems Microsoft had changed things again to do with themes

With no Atlas theme the captions of apps also look weird. The explorer captions look OK.

post-408392-0-71929600-1450344825_thumb.

That current build number as it displayed on the console window

Thanks, no wonder I didn't see it. I kill all those windows with this batch file.
@echo offTASKKILL /F /IM "conhost.exe"cls

That's super! Just don't forget to run this batch as Administrator.

Hi iweksler,

Thanks for your note.

At this point, since I have a .layout file, I think it's up to Big Muscle to publish a version of Aero Glass that understands the new build and properly interprets the theme atlas (via the .layout file data) into the specific needs of the new build.

Honestly, I've dropped off the insider list.  I don't even think the "released" versions are impressive; I was just getting frustrated by the pre-release builds.

I do hope Big Muscle isn't feeling too worn down by Microsoft continuously breaking his product.  I know I would be.  They're doing it on purpose in my opinion.  They don't want people tweaking Windows because it's all about "Windows As A Service" now - and everyone MUST be happy with a single, unified operating system.  Too fucking bad if you don't like the way it looks.

-Noel

They're doing it on purpose in my opinion.

you cannot be serious in that comment - do you honestly think Microsoft are bothered about a one man show adding Aero to their program - if they were i am pretty sure they could lock it in such a way that it would be nigh on impossible

to your other point

I do hope Big Muscle isn't feeling too worn down by Microsoft continuously breaking his product.

hopefully not - it does seem a little like that though as builds seem to have slowed - maybe the project is coming to a natural end

you cannot be serious in that comment - do you honestly think Microsoft are bothered about a one man show adding Aero to their program - if they were i am pretty sure they could lock it in such a way that it would be nigh on impossible

to your other point

Microsoft new builds also effects people who makes themes for Windows 10