[OLD] Experimental builds

bigmuscle

transparency ... Jump Lists ... it's removed in Build 10586:

Sigh.  Confirmed - even without a 3rd party theme there's no translucency in the context menus.

NoTranslucencyInContextMenus.png

Not sure whether Big Muscle will be able to do anything about those, though.  It might be a request that would make more sense to the author of Classic Shell.

Microsoft, despite the huge "Bring Aero Glass Back" feedback, has chosen to turn away from translucency.  I guess it's because computers are getting slower and have less storage, making them less capable of delivering pleasant user experiences.  :no:

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

transparency ... Jump Lists ... it's removed in Build 10586:

Sigh.  Confirmed - even without a 3rd party theme there's no translucency in the context menus.

NoTranslucencyInContextMenus.png

Not sure whether Big Muscle will be able to do anything about those, though.  It might be a request that would make more sense to the author of Classic Shell.

Microsoft, despite the huge "Bring Aero Glass Back" feedback, has chosen to turn away from translucency.  I guess it's because computers are getting slower and have less storage, making them less capable of delivering pleasant user experiences.  :no:

-Noel

LOL!!!

:) True comment. And also, Microsoft did some restructuration. And, if anyone recenlty opened task scheduler, it looks like it is saying "Thank you for your hardware, from now on WE will be in charge of it, do not uplug it, please put it in a well ventilated place, and let us know when you need it, but DO NOT be impacient, and DO NOT MODIFY the software, we DO NOT ALLOW you tu use you computer as you wish. If you want tu use OUR software, we must OWN it!!! Thank you for your kind understanding, and please send us your feedback, it is highly appreciated! ;)" . Technically, acoording to Micrsoft Software License Terms, this thread is a violation, so I hope no digital or copyrigh supporter will ever speak. Sorry for my personal opinion

• 3 weeks later...

Silence on the thread. BM, I'm still using the latest 1.4.5 Aeroglass - flickering and all. Still waiting and hoping for the build for debugging you promised to cook up after the New Year... By the way, I'm on Redstone 11099, looks better than the previous 11082. At least the copy/move progress display is back. AG is working fine (except for the flickering) with no Atlas theme. The Atlas Themes are not working properly - probably need the layout modified. Maybe somebody will do it on that thread. No symbols have yet been released for RS, as far as I know...

What are folks doing for a theme atlas now when running insider builds?

Since Aero Glass seems to work okay, the "no theme atlas" appearance is actually not too bad right at the moment, save for the fact that there are no borders on the sides and bottoms of windows.  There's the hint of a light line of pixels around the edge which makes it almost okay.

-Noel

What are folks doing for a theme atlas now when running insider builds?

Since Aero Glass seems to work okay, the "no theme atlas" appearance is actually not too bad right at the moment, save for the fact that there are no borders on the sides and bottoms of windows.  There's the hint of a light line of pixels around the edge which makes it almost okay.

-Noel

I suppose there are no theme atlases out there.  I always do whatever it takes to remove the borders anyway, but I really enjoy the cpsharp theme atlas which has different colors on the top right hand buttons when I hover.  Since Microsoft has kept the same basic UI for three builds, I would have thought someone would have modified the themeatlas.  I don't know a damm thing about the subject or I would have done it myself.

Edited by dhjohns

atlas's are easy enough - a few hours work [at most] in photoshop gets most things as i want it - themes are a different problem but they are again possible - anything is better than the bland rubbish Microsoft want us to use

atlas's are easy enough - a few hours work [at most] in photoshop gets most things as i want it - themes are a different problem but they are again possible - anything is better than the bland rubbish Microsoft want us to use

Get back to us when you got 'er done!  LOL