[OLD] Experimental builds

bigmuscle

I searched and could not find an answer. I cannot change the color of the active window no matter what I do. I have tried throught the registry and through the GUI. The inactive windows will change color but not the active window. Everytime I try to change it in the GUI the check box comes back. Even changing it in the classic personalizaton wont change the main windows colors. Not sure what to do at this point. Any help would be great!!

>Experimental

>Watermark

Yes, its going to be there on things. Its not a final version yet. When the final version for 10586 is out and you have a donation key, the watermark will disappear.

I'm not asking how to remove the watermark. I was asking if it displays during fullscreen videos and fullscreen gaming for anyone else?

I'm not asking how to remove the watermark. I was asking if it displays during fullscreen videos and fullscreen gaming for anyone else?

It seems to work differently for different people. One time I had no watermark, and everyone else had one. Currently I have watermark on both monitors, but not on full screen videos. I can't tell you about gaming, though.

It seems to work differently for different people. One time I had no watermark, and everyone else had one. Currently I have watermark on both monitors, but not on full screen videos. I can't tell you about gaming, though.

I have watermark on both displays too, but not on full screen videos or games. I'm not sure why some people are getting it on videos and games.  

I have watermark on both displays too, but not on full screen videos or games. I'm not sure why some people are getting it on videos and games.  

Yeah, I'm running dual monitors myself so that could have something to do with it. My TV is my primary.

Hi, please, when will it be finished the new aero glass for win10 Assembly 1511. Thanks for the reply Milarepa

We look forward ... When the new version will come out ..

That not nice asking when he gonna release the finished version. He will do it when he has done all the testing. Also Windows 10 is updating more quicker then previous verion of Windows ever had. The one to blame is Microsoft

Why not ask if I contributed money to develop ....................

Why not ask if I contributed money to develop ....................

No prob :).

Did you contribute money to develop?  :unsure:

Why not just wait patiently.

The point should be more about silently than patiently. :whistle:

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

After a fair bit of testing on Windows 10 10586.x, I can report these things:

1.4.2.506 DEBUG Beta Test Report

Test Platform: 

Windows 10 version 10586.various

VMware Workstation 11 Virtual Machine

Run at various times in a VMware window and full-screen on one to three monitors

1.  I have seen no instability whatsoever.  It works solidly well.

2.  The code is efficient.  Benchmark testing without and with Aero Glass for Win 8+ installed (in Win 10) shows that desktop operations actually seem to pick up a tiny bit of speed (less than 1%).  It might be just lucky variations between runs, but I've done it several times and in every case with Aero Glass for Win 8+ installed the numbers are slightly higher.

3.  So far I have seen no trouble after each of the cumulative (and numerous) Windows post-10586 Updates.  It seems either Microsoft isn't changing important things in DWM much or the code to compensate in Aero Glass for Win 8+ has gotten pretty seamless.

4.  On (rare) occasion after bootup/logon I have seen Aero Glass working but somehow fail to load my C:\AeroGlass\SquareCorners10586.png theme atlas file.  The controls just look plain - Win 10 standard, but with translucency.  A quick visit to the Aero Glass for Win 8.x GUI and typing a space after the theme atlas image file name, then deleting it again causes the successful load of the theme atlas resources.  I am using Current User Settings, not System-wide Settings, so maybe there is a tiny window there reading user settings.  I'm going to try switching to system-wide settings and see if this changes.

5.  For higher display size levels (e.g., 125% or higher) the ModernFrame caption button controls don't fill the title bar vertically (and the title is offset upward as well).  For me this is a non-problem, as I use a size-reduced title bar at 100% anyway, but for those using high DPI displays this could be disconcerting.

I have not yet tested it on my Windows 8.1 workstation, as Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.4.1.240 x64 works absolutely perfectly for me and I have little desire to change that.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

I have noticed a problem using firefox I can clearly see visual glitches when hovering over certain parts of the interface
I am not entirely sure why/when they occur, but at the moment I have firefox snapped to the right side of my notebooks screen.

The glitches cannot be captured on screenshots but look like thick black rectangles around control elemens:
Home button, adress bar, search bar.
I also get glitches using chrome although not as severe.

The dont show up as black bars but as small portions of the window that seemingly randomly show another portion of the screen

I use the latest windows 10 (official) build, on a notebook with Nvidia Optimus technology:
An integrated Intel HD 3000 GPU and an NVidia dedicated 540M GPU
I see the glitches when using the intel GPU, but I haven't tested on the NVidia

That normal for using a experimental build and using a stable build without a donating key

That's not a desktop window, that's GTA5.exe on the screen. Obviously I don't have a donation key, because donation terms are ridiculous, but it's not the point.