[OLD] Experimental builds

bigmuscle

That's not a desktop window, that's GTA5.exe on the screen. Obviously I don't have a donation key, because donation terms are ridiculous, but it's not the point.

Which is fine and dandy, since the "experimental" version has the watermark regardless of a donation key being present.

These are DEBUG builds only, they display watermark, they display debugging console and they display debug warning on startup. They may require debugging symbols for proper function. Do NOT use them if you do NOT want this or you cannot accept that these builds are experimental only.

What is the issue?

Are you surprised of the watermark being displayed?

jaclaz

I think the problem was that you didn't clearly identify that it's a game or anything other than a desktop background you're showing.  A quick glance through this thread shows others reporting the watermark text on things other than just the desktop, so it might be a bit redundant at this point.

donation terms are ridiculous

Regarding your rather belligerent statement above...

You act as though someone has wronged you, and that you have something to complain about - when in fact you have complete control over what to do about the watermark.

If the watermark really bothers you in your game, either just stop Aero Glass while playing (disable Aero Host and close the DWM window) or remove the beta Aero Glass for Win 8+ entirely until such time as a Windows 10-compatible version is fully released.

You clearly feel you get value from the software, since you're trying to use even the pre-release version.  So once it's released consider donating the price of a good beer or a lunch to the developer; he deserves our support for making our desktops more tolerable each and every time we use them.  Try to understand that nothing is certain in this world, and that not everything is going to be stated just the way you like it.

If you'd rather not donate, which is entirely your prerogative, and the watermark/reminders bother you that much, just leave the Aero Glass for Win 8+ software off your system and use the UI that Microsoft has provided out of the box.  Your stress level might be lowered.

-Noel

Jeez, I reported a bug, is it a crime now? I clearly stated that this happens in a preview window of a process(like when you hover mouse cursor on a little window in a taskbar, don't know how else to explain it), not when that window is active or inactive. Watermark used to be there all the time couple of builds ago, since then it was fixed, just not completely it seems.

So once it's released consider donating the price of a good beer or a lunch to the developer; he deserves our support for making our desktops more tolerable each and every time we use them.

Absolutely. But not until there's license keys, message popups, watermarks, integrity checks of files and stuff like that. I don't support development of any of those things. Image if every developer would do that? I like the way ShareX is redistributed, it's free and you can donate. No watermarks or message popups involved.

So, if bigmuscle is okay with the way he does things - so be it, who am I to judge.

Edited by jb3555

No crime, and it's good that you took the time to report what you felt was a bug.  It's just that you didn't take quite enough time on the details...  And now several of us have wasted time...

Window's preview shows watermark on that window...

...and you posted an image showing the taskbar and a non-descript graphic, which could have been your desktop background for all anyone knows...

...then later...

I clearly stated...

(emphasis mine)

If you're going to try to revise history, you should at least consider changing the evidence.  :yes:

if bigmuscle is okay with the way he does things - so be it, who am I to judge

Not judging leads to lower stress levels for other readers.  :thumbup

-Noel

I think the problem was that you didn't clearly identify that it's a game or anything other than a desktop background you're showing.  A quick glance through this thread shows others reporting the watermark text on things other than just the desktop, so it might be a bit redundant at this point.

donation terms are ridiculous

Regarding your rather belligerent statement above...

You act as though someone has wronged you, and that you have something to complain about - when in fact you have complete control over what to do about the watermark.

You clearly feel you get value from the software, since you're trying to use even the pre-release version.  So once it's released consider donating the price of a good beer or a lunch to the developer; he deserves our support for making our desktops more tolerable each and every time we use them.  Try to understand that nothing is certain in this world, and that not everything is going to be stated just the way you like it.

I totally get that and actually would love to donate to this cause that we all feel strongly for, but the dishonesty of this program being labelled as "donationware" instead of the shareware that it is leaves a bitter taste in my mouth and prevents me from doing so.

I totally get that and actually would love to donate to this cause that we all feel strongly for, but the dishonesty of this program being labelled as "donationware" instead of the shareware that it is leaves a bitter taste in my mouth and prevents me from doing so.

Then don't. Frankly your rhetoric, and that of others who continue to pollute this forum with same, is not only boring, but very annoying.

"Channel 2012, on 15 Dec 2015 - 11:07 PM, said:

I totally get that and actually would love to donate to this cause that we all feel strongly for, but the dishonesty of this program being labelled as "donationware" instead of the shareware that it is leaves a bitter taste in my mouth and prevents me from doing so."

Get over it!

Edited by mikedigitize

I've donated to development and I just said, when it will be ready the new version for Windows 10 Assembly AeroGlass 1511 and immediately aggressive responses, what ever I ask and I'm impatient. In doing so, the author of the program is from the Czech Republic as I. Therefore, I better ask I won't and I'll leave you a normal appearance from Microsoft, ridiculous what's playing ... ... ... ... ... ....

Just from logging in, I can confirm that Beta 506 does not work on the new preview build 11082.

I can't imagine what a pain it would be for BigMuscle when the faster fast ring comes out.

Yeah I can see this being an issue for BM. He will need to update it every time it breaks due to a new build being released.

Just from logging in, I can confirm that Beta 506 does not work on the new preview build 11082.

I can't imagine what a pain it would be for BigMuscle when the faster fast ring comes out.

It works just fine for me, except for the custom themes.  I just keep the themes box unchecked in the aeroglass gui.