[OLD] Experimental builds

bigmuscle

Let's not forget that, insider agreement notwithstanding, we're just talking about exercising a little bit of control over whether a system that's on the insider program gets updated when Microsoft wants it, or when the user wants it (perhaps a few days later, when it's convenient).

What's the matter with you folks?  Can you not even imagine a moment when it would be inconvenient if someone took over your system?

Even if you only play with your hardware...  Not too many months ago I saw a video where a guy was in a long video game session then had his system start an upgrade unexpectedly.  Maybe it was staged for effect, who knows, but the player didn't sound happy.  It illustrates the point.

-Noel

Can you not imagine that the P in ASAP might be slightly differently defined for YOU than for Microsoft?

Did it ever occur to you that some folks might be on the insider program because they are looking to evaluate the latest technology for a use other then playing game Apps or fun social media experiences?  And that they need to do it on THEIR schedule?

I'm not saying you should HAVE to do manual updates, why are you saying I should HAVE to take automatic updates when Microsoft wants to push them?  It's not like the technology can't support both!  In fact it can and does, using documented control points.  I encourage everyone to learn how to take control.

I'm imagining feelings of suddenly desperately wanting to take control that would go through a human mind some day in the future when that mind is sitting in a self-driving car with a control system that suddenly fails.

-Noel

People on the Insider Builds are there because they want to update as soon as they possibly can.  They follow Dona's every post to see when the update arrives, and continually push the update button in settings when an update seems imminent.  This is why they are Insiders.

anniversary release last week brings us to ver. 1607 build 14383.10, the actual anniversary release version.

please not the build number is NOT a decimal number, it is a dotted reference that uses numerals, like an IP address, where the number to the left of the period is the major build and that to the right is the minor build number, so 10 IS bigger than 5, :)

Capture 001.jpg

Edited by kronckew

10 minutes ago, kronckew said:

i am currently d/l the latest insider fast ring 'update' (at 92%), curious to see what minor build label it gets.

32 minutes ago, kronckew said:

i am currently d/l the latest insider fast ring 'update' (at 92%), curious to see what minor build label it gets.

info.png

41 minutes ago, iweksler said:

This version of the AeroGlass does not work with these symbols. Don't put them into the symbols folder in the C:\AeroGlass.

Let's wait for BM's new version for 14393 build (Anniversary Update).

Is it normals that the glass effect still works even after the update? Even more unexspected the taskbar got the same blur effect as my windows frames do.

AeroGlassStillWorking.JPG

Edit:

It is somewhat buggy. The textures are sometimes incorrect.

Edited by InvicTech
Addtion of information

34 minutes ago, klasik said:

InvicTech, how about modern apps?) Settings app for example?

I don't remember if I checked the box for modern apps back when I installed it but they have no glass frames at the moment...