StartIsBack++ 2.9

Tihiy

Hello

Is it possible to have "Périphériques et imprimantes" (Devices and Printers) on one line (like Windows 7) ?

attachicon.gifSIB.PNG

Thanks for your great work

It's possible ?

And the connexion button (connection) don't work

Thanks

Edited by bapt

++1.0.4

- Fixed Connect To not working (bonus: try to click it with Shift pressed)

- Fixed multi-mon DPI applying issue

- Fixed blank screen when you roll back Win10 with SIB++ to Win8.1 with SIB+

- Minor changes and new hidden features

This update is pushed as automatical download to everyone.

Edited by Tihiy

SIB++ 1.04 has fixed the error "This program does not have a file associated with it for performing this action" 

for now. Hopefully, this will be permanent. 

Edit-not 5 minutes later, same error exists. "Settings" or any Windows 10 apps have the same explorer.exe error. I'm half tempted to go back to a Windows 8.1 image where SIB worked flawlessly with no issues of ANY kind. 

Edited by shorty6100@gmail.com

One feature request: Allow the user to adjust taskbar and startmenu blur strength. Now we just have on and off, and for me the blur is too strong. Imho as long as we have a taskbar with flat 1 color texture and no adjustable border color, the blur having full strength kinda destroys the cool effect for it.

Since I'm guessing allowing user to also add custom taskbar texture alongside the color is out of the question?

One feature request: Allow the user to adjust taskbar and startmenu blur strength. Now we just have on and off, and for me the blur is too strong. Imho as long as we have a taskbar with flat 1 color texture and no adjustable border color, the blur having full strength kinda destroys the cool effect for it.

Since I'm guessing allowing user to also add custom taskbar texture alongside the color is out of the question?

Don't the taskbar and start menu transparency sliders affect the blur?  Honestly asking - I would think it would since I assumed that's what's being blurred - what's showing through.

SIB++ 1.04 has fixed the error "This program does not have a file associated with it for performing this action" 

Edit-not 5 minutes later, same error exists. "Settings" or any Windows 10 apps have the same explorer.exe error. I'm half tempted to go back to a Windows 8.1 image where SIB worked flawlessly with no issues of ANY kind. 

This means some "registry cleaner" deleted entries which are required to launch metro apps.

Don't the taskbar and start menu transparency sliders affect the blur?  Honestly asking - I would think it would since I assumed that's what's being blurred - what's showing through.

No. It even blurs with 0 opacity because it blurs all the stuff underneath, not the taskbar itself. It wouldn't even make the wallpaper/windows blur alone, it would also blur the taskbar and the contents instead.

With AeroGlass you can adjust the blur radius, what is basically some sort of Gaussian blur, so it would be nice to have that same kind of option. If nothing else, then to use that AeroGlass value directly so they would "sync up" so to speak.

Edited by Kankipappa

This means some "registry cleaner" deleted entries which are required to launch metro apps.

It's not just windows apps, settings has same error. Disabling SIB, issue goes away. I don't use registry cleaners except CCleaner after uninstalling a program. Perhaps CCleaner is the culprit? I'll uninstall SIB with Revo and make sure all registry entries are deleted and reinstall. Thanks for the suggestion and I'll try again.

It's not just windows apps, settings has same error. Disabling SIB, issue goes away. I don't use registry cleaners except CCleaner after uninstalling a program. Perhaps CCleaner is the culprit? I'll uninstall SIB with Revo and make sure all registry entries are deleted and reinstall. Thanks for the suggestion and I'll try again.

I've used CCleaner for years but indeed, all registry cleaners including the one in CCleaner, cause more harm than good.

I just have 2 Questions:

1: Will you ever make a Windows 10 theme? (Remove the "white area" in the start menu?)

2: Would you be able to add so i could show the clock on more than 1 monitor and/or allow me to choose what monitor i want the clock on? (Would be useful when i'm playing my games :o)

Great work on the program so far!

-crunzaty

Edited by crunzaty

1: Will you ever make a Windows 10 theme? (Remove the "white area" in the start menu?)

Yes

2: Would you be able to add so i could show the clock on more than 1 monitor and/or allow me to choose what monitor i want the clock on? (Would be useful when i'm playing my games :o)

I don't think so

Yes

I don't think so

Thanks for replying so fast :)

Hello,

Is there a way to keep Startisback from changing the default Start button? I don't want to use customized button.

StartisBack's default Start button looks just like Windows 10's as far as I can see.  If it's different and I can't notice, did you try clicking the link in SiB's Properties in the Appearance section for downloading Start Button orbs from DeviantART?  Maybe there's one there that looks like how you want.