StartIsBack++ 2.9

Tihiy

I have a small request to make. Would it be possible to add an option to hide the HotTracking animation behind the taskbar buttons when you use a themed taskbar? it would make theme development loads easier.

11 hours ago, Dblake1 said:

I have a small request to make. Would it be possible to add an option to hide the HotTracking animation behind the taskbar buttons when you use a themed taskbar? it would make theme development loads easier.

I second the option to disable the animation, I know allot of theme developers would love this option as allot of them go to lengths to cover them up, oh and I know I have asked this before but could you please ad the clock font properties back to Taskbar & System Tray > System Tray > Basic > Clock, it's the one thing that still bugs me with Windows 10, I don't want to be forced to use the same font for the task items as I do for the clock fonts.

It's possible to add icon customization to customized folders ? Like Documents, Music, etc ...

I use a tool to include shared path from my NAS in originals library (WinLibraryTool.exe)
I hide originals folders from StartisBack settings, and i add Documents and others from library.

It works like a charm, but there is only one icon that cannot be changed

image.png.cef20cd0337643910e396fa443c69573.png

image.png.9c5315538d653f89f4103ee3752f799c.png

image.png.04dd4e9e71c96ae51862fe4173d146c0.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll throw one more question. Is it possible to search and find settings included in the old control panel? This is about W10, I'm trying to open the "Programs and Features" window for example but can't seem to find it with a menu search. Only the "modern" App & features is reachable.

The only workaround I can think is to add "Control Panel" as menu and everything is there. However, it is a pain to use: too many entries, very slow to open (more than 5 secs, every time) and for some reason the SiB search results will still not include some of these items ("Network and Sharing Center" is another example).

On 11/14/2017 at 6:40 PM, JFX said:

Is there any way to exclude programs form showing up in recent used list? Windows 7 has a NoStartPage registry entry for this, but SIb seems to ignore it.

Doesn't right-clicking it and selecting "Remove from this list" work/stick?

Edited by Amigafever

Please advise... the attached pic shows the error I get. This just started happening today.

All pinned links produce that error excluding "Edit group Policy". that just opens the control panel ... not the policy editor.

Untitled-1.fw.png

On 20/12/2017 at 3:59 AM, Tihiy said:

Yes. You can create NoTaskbarSkin = 1 DWORD in HKCU\Software\StartIsBack to workaround crashing. If you're in crash loop, hold Escape key.

Thank you very much, it worked,  I've noticed that when the blur is activated half of the taskbar looks different, maybe it's Acrylic that is interfering with that blur?

ae2fd4c594f54470d6db716c67c3ef317ce32ee8

Edited by carlitosoo555

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I'd like to show you a little bug occurring with last version (2.5.2).

After some days i install the software, some apps icons disappear, like showed in screenshoot, this is not a problem related to the file C:\Users\<Profile>\AppData\Local\IconCache.db, infact if i delete the file and restart, the icons don't show anymore.In Windows 10 original menu all is ok.

This happens mainly on Windows 10 1709, i have formatted almost 4 times and always it happens with same files, for istance Asus AURA like in photo.

Happy new year ;)

2017-12-31 (1).jpg

20 hours ago, dhjohns said:

Sure it is!

:puke: :puke: That looks awful!!! definitely everyone has their tastes, what horror!!!

The "creator" confirmed it: 

On 20/12/2017 at 3:59 AM, Tihiy said:

Yes. You can create NoTaskbarSkin = 1 DWORD in HKCU\Software\StartIsBack to workaround crashing. If you're in crash loop, hold Escape key.

Obviously, if you apply the workaround, it's compatible.

Edited by carlitosoo555