KernelEx 4.5.2

I have Internet Explorer 6 as well as Firefox 3.6, now I would like to know why when I click on a link on yahoo to upgrade to I.E8 yahoo then tells me that I need to have XP2 SP2 or higher, but the thing is I have told the very latest KernelEx to use the XP SP2 compatibility mode, so why am I not allowed to update.

I used my I.E quick launch icon for the change to the KernelEx compatibility mode because by clicking on the desktop I.E icon all it brings up is the Internet Properties.

Anyway round this?

Edited by frogman

Why do the pair of docx files that I am trying to attach here fail to post?

Many forums limit the types of files that users can post. If you wish to attach one of the other types, you need to rename it with a different extension or enclose it in a .zip archive or something similar, so the file you post ends up with a permitted extension.

Does Internet Explorer 8 work with KernelEx on Windows 98?

If so do I just need to go to the exe file for I.E and make compatible for windows XP SP2?

Also if I can do this is it a safer bet to go to the official microsoft site to download it?

Is there any hope of running Silverlight (Microsoft's version of Flash) on Win98 with KernelEx? Many radio stations are switching their Web streams to this proprietary format.

I suspect the answer is no, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

Unpack with 7-Zip then simply overwrite the old flash files with those ones. Runs fine in Opera 9.64.

That was a real surprise for me but yes, that manual update to newest version (Flash 10) works great - I've tried a couple sites including Adobe test page. Thank you! :)

Btw, it is possible to achieve similar effect with Shockwave Player (I'm using old 10.2 version)?

I have the latest KernelEx 4.5 RC 5 and Firefox 3.6.12, when I try and install the Shockwave slim version 11.5.9.615 i receive an error message below. Does this verion of shockwave work with KernelEx?

SHOCKWAVE_INSTALLER_SLIM caused an exception c0000417H in module SCC.DLL at 016f:008b6300.

Registers:

EAX=01a1f0bc CS=bff7016f EIP=008b6300 EFLGS=00000216

EBX=00000000 SS=bffc0177 ESP=01a1f390 EBP=01a1f3d4

ECX=00000000 DS=1a10177 ESI=00000000 FS=63187f

EDX=00000000 ES=bfa40177 EDI=00000000 GS=1a10000

Bytes at CS:EIP:

83 c4 14 83 c8 ff eb 4b 33 c0 39 75 0c 0f 95 c0

Stack dump:

008b6300 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 c0bd551d 0093a070 01a1f414 00000000 008d993c 01a1f3a8 01a1f82c 01a1ffbc 008b66a0 c1910cf9

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Output folder: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM

Skipped: msvcp71.dll

Skipped: msvcr71.dll

Output folder: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Adobe

Output folder: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Adobe\Director

Extract: M5drvr32.exe

Extract: M5if32.dll

Extract: SWDNLD.EXE

Extract: SwDir.dll

Extract: np32dsw.dll

Delete file: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Adobe\Shockwave 11\gi.dll

Delete file: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Adobe\Shockwave 11\gt.exe

Delete file: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Adobe\Shockwave 11\gtapi.dll

Delete file: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Adobe\Shockwave 11\SCC.dll

Delete file: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Adobe\Shockwave 11\Xtras\CBrowser.x32

Delete file: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Adobe\Shockwave 11\Xtras\INetURL.x32

Delete file: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Adobe\Shockwave 11\Xtras\Multiusr.x32

Delete file: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Adobe\Shockwave 11\Xtras\Netfile.x32

Delete file: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Adobe\Shockwave 11\Xtras\Netlingo.x32

Delete file: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Adobe\Shockwave 11\Xtras\Speech.x32

Delete file: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Adobe\Shockwave 11\Xtras\autodownload.txt

Output folder: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Adobe\Shockwave 11

Extract: Control.dll

Extract: DynaPlayer.dll

Extract: Plugin.dll

Extract: Proj.dll

Extract: SCC.dll

Extract: SwHelper_1159615.exe

Extract: SwInit.exe

Extract: SwLogo.bmp

Extract: SwMenu.dll

Extract: dirapi.dll... 100%

Extract: gi.dll

Extract: gt.exe... 100%

Extract: gtapi.dll

Extract: iml32.dll

Extract: shockwave_Projector_Loader.dcr

Output folder: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Adobe\Shockwave 11\Xtras

Extract: CBrowser.x32

Extract: INetURL.x32

Extract: Multiusr.x32

Extract: Netfile.x32

Extract: Netlingo.x32

Extract: Speech.x32

Extract: autodownload.txt

Created uninstaller: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Adobe\Shockwave 11\uninstaller.exe

Registering: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Adobe\Director\SwDir.dll

Execute: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Adobe\Shockwave 11\SwHelper_1159615.exe /regserver

Execute: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Adobe\Director\SwDnld.exe /regserver

I have the latest KernelEx 4.5 RC 5 and Firefox 3.6.12, when I try and install the Shockwave slim version 11.5.9.615 i receive an error message below. Does this verion of shockwave work with KernelEx?

Last Shockwave Player version I was able to install in Windows 98 SE (even with KernelEx) is 10.2.0.23.

Even 10.3.0.24 doesn't want to run. Edit: That was an older version of KernelEx.

But on the other hand, I never encountered a message asking me to upgrade to display any animation.

Edited by CharlesF

Frogman, sorry if that sound harsh, but I think, that you're a bit annoying person (your problems with Java/Flash/Shockwave/KernelEx etc.)

Probably the major reason of your problems is a bad condition of your OS - clean install of it would be a good idea IMO.

Yes, latest Shockwave work with KernelEx:

15-0359402186T.jpg

Edited by rainyd

Last Shockwave Player version I was able to install in Windows 98 SE (even with KernelEx) is 10.2.0.23.

Even 10.3.0.24 doesn't want to run.

But on the other hand, I never encountered a message asking me to upgrade to display any animation.

Thank you for your courteous reply.

Frogman, sorry if that sound harsh, but I think, that you're a bit annoying person (your problems with Java/Flash/Shockwave/KernelEx etc.)

I was replying to a particular post, in fact your post I was replying to, so to call me annoying is just unbelievable and totally rude!

Probably the major reason of your problems is a bad condition of your OS - clean install of it would be a good idea IMO.

Well that is not really an option to me, especially as I have no disc to restore the system back to how it was, in fact it took me hours to put everything back to how it was when I had trouble in the past, so a clean install would be more trouble than it's worth and no guarantee that it would make a difference either.

Yes, latest Shockwave work with KernelEx:

You say that Shockwave 11 works, I take it you are referring to Windows 98 S.E with KernelEx installed and running. You have posted an image but don't say what system it is working with.

Edited by frogman

I was replying to a particular post, in fact your post I was replying to, so to call me annoying is just unbelievable and totally rude!

I would refer to your complainings about KernelEx in various threads - for example, why I can't run Java 6 update 22 together with Firefox 3.6.

Without KernelEx, you couldn't use Firefox 3.6!

You say that Shockwave 11 works, I take it you are referring to Windows 98 S.E with KernelEx installed and running. You have posted an image but don't say what system it is working with.

Have you looked carefully at that picture?

If yes, you wouldn't ask about OS (Windows Start icon is enough).

I would refer to your complainings about KernelEx in various threads - for example, why I can't run Java 6 update 22 together with Firefox 3.6.

Without KernelEx, you couldn't use Firefox 3.6!

Have you looked carefully at that picture?

If yes, you wouldn't ask about OS (Windows Start icon is enough).

Yes I saw that, but wasn't sure if Windows 2000 had that start icon too, so therefore I was unaware what system you were using.