KernelEx 4.5.2

Yes I saw that, but wasn't sure if Windows 2000 had that start icon too, so therefore I was unaware what system you were using.

Posted in this thread as proof it runs with KernelEx... and you really couldn't figure out whether it was supposed to be a 98 or 2K screenshot? :whistle:

Saying no more... :angel

Edited by loblo

Yes I saw that, but wasn't sure if Windows 2000 had that start icon too, so therefore I was unaware what system you were using.

Posted in this thread as proof it runs with KernelEx... and you really couldn't figure out whether it was supposed to be a 98 or 2K screenshot? :whistle:

Saying no more... :angel

Didn't realise I was dealing with Mr Perfect!

:rolleyes:

Is it the slim or full installer that you used?

If there is anything special I need to do to the install file for shockwave 11 on KernelEx please let me know. I initially used the compatibilty mode XP SP2 for the install file, and I still got that error.

Full installer (didn't try the slim one) and default KernelEx settings on all executables.

rainyd You asked a similar question about shockwave 10 and 11 at post below.

That's true but look when I've asked that question - that was well before KernelEX 4.5 family.

Btw, I've installed a slim version of Shockwave (KernelEx was set for default mode).

Does Firefox have the same problem, or can that still use the "old" java plugin?

Yes, Firefox have exactly the same problem but with small trick (rename of plugin directory) you can use older, classical plugin (3.5xx family).

I am pleased to say that the superb Blender 2.55 Beta, which is, I think, built on Python 3.1, seems to work perfectly fine in 2K mode. It's much nicer and much more user friendly than the previous versions which I could never get the hang of. I haven't tested it extensively but I have spent the last couple of hours with it and I could import and export obj files , work on them, save and load a project and also render the scene with the latest LuxRender which I have been able to integrate in it without problems. :thumbup

:hello:

I have tried both,and for some reason I receive an error as I mentioned earlier in this thread.

After I close the error window and I try to check the version on-line I usually see a blank box where the player should be, so I have to install version 10 again to display it back properly again. Shockwave version 11 will show in the list of add/remove programs and can be removed in this way, so although it looks like it has been installed on my system it hasn't really.

It's not Win98SE but a 586er CPU that can not run newer Flash versions. My AMD K6-III+ can not handle any Shockwave Flash versions beyond 10.0.45.2 (which is still fortunately sufficient for YouTube). So you may either need a newer CPU or the patcher software.

See this thread:

I have tried both,and for some reason I receive an error as I mentioned earlier in this thread.

After I close the error window and I try to check the version on-line I usually see a blank box where the player should be, so I have to install version 10 again to display it back properly again. Shockwave version 11 will show in the list of add/remove programs and can be removed in this way, so although it looks like it has been installed on my system it hasn't really.

It's not Win98SE but a 586er CPU that can not run newer Flash versions. My AMD K6-III+ can not handle any Shockwave Flash versions beyond 10.0.45.2 (which is still fortunately sufficient for YouTube). So you may either need a newer CPU or the patcher software.

See this thread:

That is interesting, so you are saying it could be down to the processor rather than the operating system, I have an AMD Athlon Processor 1000MHz

Be good if those that can install satisfactory version 11 of shockwave could say what processor they have use.

Is there any other info I can find about my processor like if it's a 586 or something.

If there is anything special I need to do to the install file for shockwave 11 on KernelEx please let me know. I initially used the compatibilty mode XP SP2 for the install file, and I still got that error.

Full installer (didn't try the slim one) and default KernelEx settings on all executables.

When you say default KernelEx settings on all executables did you have to go into more than the exe file or was that enough to work it for you prior to clicking on it and installing 11.

Edited by frogman

Frogman, I have an Athlon64 FX-55 CPU clocked at 2.6Ghz which is SSE2 capable.

And by all executable I just meant to say that no particular setting was needed for both installing and then running shockwave 11 in browsers.

Frogman, I have an Athlon64 FX-55 CPU clocked at 2.6Ghz which is SSE2 capable.

And by all executable I just meant to say that no particular setting was needed for both installing and then running shockwave 11 in browsers.

Perhaps it installs on 64bit systems rather than 32bit, mines is 32bit.

I say this as I don't know any other users that have 64bit apart from yourself.

Edited by frogman

The installer is not the problem. Yes it crashes but apparently when it does it has already installed all the files and written all the registry entries needed so that the software can run properly.

And it is not 64bit vs 32bit CPU either I guess albeit I would think the issue is indeed CPU related. What's probably happening is that your CPU doesn't even support SSE instructions and that the shockwave player 11 makes use of those instructions. If I am not mistaken, CPUs older than Intel Pentium 3 and AMD AthlonXP don't have SSE registers.

Edited by loblo

Hi,

I am using Virtual PC 2007. It can not virtualize a 64Bit Guest and the emulated hardware is just outdated like the S3 Trio graphiccard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Virtual_PC#Emulated_environment

But the latest Flash and even Shockwave(Slim) runs perfectly with WIN98SE and KernelEx.

It can only be the -in my case virtualized- CPU!

Just download CPU-Z and you can see which Instructions your CPU has.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

The installer is not the problem. Yes it crashes but apparently when it does it has already installed all the files and written all the registry entries needed so that the software can run properly.

And it is not 64bit vs 32bit CPU either I guess albeit I would think the issue is indeed CPU related. What's probably happening is that your CPU doesn't even support SSE instructions and that the shockwave player 11 makes use of those instructions. If I am not mistaken, CPUs older than Intel Pentium 3 and AMD AthlonXP don't have SSE registers.

When I bought this computer it came with Windows 98 S.E installed, and I have never changed the CPU which is an Athlon.

What is SSE if you don't mind me asking? second edition of windows 98?