KernelEx 4.5.2

Hey,

It seems there is a minor bug with the new KEX and vlc (1.1.4). Some fonts became way too small.. For example the vol.-numbers and the fonts of the equalizer (nearly not readable).

Bye

I had no luck with installing ANY recent version of Media Player Classic Home Cinema between versions 2371 and 2714.

I get errors like:

"...the MPC-HC.EXE file is

linked to missing export SHLWAPI.DLL."

and

"the MPC-HC.EXE file is

linked to missing export KERNEL32.DLL:HeapQueryInformation"

So, what ELSE is necessary, along with KernelEx to make it work ???

I had no luck with installing ANY recent version of Media Player Classic Home Cinema between versions 2371 and 2714.
Download MSVC2008 compiled versions. And IE6 is likely required. Support for MSVC2010 runtime is not planned soon.

Did anyone try Office 2007 format converters? Is it too hard (huh) to install? It will run almost-out-of-the-box soon, but if you're eager to try, i can give everyone painless no-msi-editing method now.

Also plz don't discuss IE in this thread, period.

Did anyone try Office 2007 format converters? Is it too hard (huh) to install? It will run almost-out-of-the-box soon, but if you're eager to try, i can give everyone painless no-msi-editing method now.

First test, Office 07 Converter Pack:

It works well (with DOCX only). I just left the old Word Viewer 97/2000 on here, no encrypted/passworded files open, but I will try with the Word Viewer 2003 next.

Second test, trying the Word Viewer 03:

I must be forgetting something in Orca...I have the installation going but it reaches a point (I think writing registry values) and starts to go backwards and eventually reads "installation ended prematurely because of an error".

Partial success, I give up for now.

Edited by Steven W

You need to remove ExecSecureObjects from msi. Don't try too hard since soon you won't need to do that.

Indeed! It installed, but has a few minor issues. I'll put some screenshots to explain:nicea.jpg

When I click File -- Open and click on Desktop in the dialog box, I see this:

56863954.jpg

Folders seem to be missing, like the Windows Folder, Program Files(Seems like all it sees is 'My Documents'):

35471669.jpg

Still no encrypted docx support. Double-clicking files works fine.

Congrats, quite an achievement.

Edited by Steven W

I used Orca to delete the launch conditions of O12Conv.msi from FileFormatConverters.exe version 12.0.6015.5000. Started the O12Conv.msi and it installed with one reboot and a scanregw error. I tried a dozen docx files using Word 2002. Perhaps 7 converted perfectly. Three converted but with this error: "There was an error opening file." Two failed to converted with this error in Wordconv: "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down." As expected pptx files failed to convert.

Any thoughts on whether the latest version of the converter might yield better results?

Impressive work in any case. Thanx.

Edited by cure

Three converted but with this error: "There was an error opening file." Two failed to converted with this error in Wordconv: "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down."
Now we would like crash logs / those files.

I could install it (delete LaunchCondition with Orca) but it did not work. Error with WORDCONV when opening a DOCX file with Word 2000

I should have mention this...

When I had just installed the converter and had the Word Viewer 97/2000 installed, I could not open DOCX files within the viewer, Double clicking them was the only way the converter seemed to work. If I chose File -- Open within the viewer, it displayed garbage.

I have to report a bug found while printing Excel sheet to LAN printer HP LJ 2200DN

No matters if I use OO or Excel it freezes computer so only Ctrl-Alt-Del left to regain control

Uninstalling KEx helped at once

WIN 98SE

KEx 4.5 RC5

RP 9.67

WATSON00.zip

I have to report a bug found while printing Excel sheet to LAN printer HP LJ 2200DN

No matters if I use OO or Excel it freezes computer so only Ctrl-Alt-Del left to regain control

Uninstalling KEx helped at once

WIN 98SE

KEx 4.5 RC5

RP 9.67

Try finding your printer driver file spoolss.dll, right click on it, go to KernelEx tab, choose "Disable KernelEx extensions", close with OK.

And don't forget to report back.