Best spyware blocker

What do yuo say is the best Anti Spyware Program?  

589 members have voted

1. 1. What do yuo say is the best Anti Spyware Program?

• Yahoo's Tool Bar
    • Microsoft's Beta
    • Spysweeper, Webroot
    • SpywareBlaster
    • Ad-aware
    • CounterSpy
    • Aluria SE
    • McAfee AS
    • Norton
    • Pest Patrol
    • SpySubtract
    • SW Doctor
    • X-Cleaner
    • OTHER

I just hope we wont have to soon pay a subscription fee to be able to get updates and so on for it.

Well lets hope not, but you know microsoft they want thier money. But in all fairness the just need to give it free. I mean if they were to a more stable more secure system we would not need spyware removal programs.

Well "Thanks Microsoft for tryign to fix what you needed to just don't charge us. Make it apart of the new windows auto installs and uses less mem than now that would be great.

What about all of the Above?? LOL :P Cause everyknows that not Only ONE application will take care of all ad-aware/spyware, but at least 3 or more of them.... :realmad:

Whats up with all theses POLLS in the wrong topic??? :no::blink:

Edited by Blam-O!

Yes agreed...just one anti-spyware program does not get rid of all. Spybot is a tough bastard though...it gets rid of almost everything...

I agree with almulder in that MS should in no way charge for its OneCare program...its antivirus software and it spyware software...the reason why users have to resort to such external software as this is because of their inability to produce secure software. Us customers should not suffer.

You need to add the SAV v10 on your poll.... It works very well at detecting and removing spyware. However on the contrast, Norton's retail products are awful. I also think MS has a good product in the works with its beta AS.

Pest Patrol seems to work best for me

although the MS AntiSpyware Beta is pretty good.

I do use Spybot with the teatimer option, and I think that helps more than anything for prevention for those who use IE, but then again, Spybot is kinda hard for a n00b, where AntiSpyware is n00b friendlier

but once you've got a system infected, seems PestPatrol is the cat's meow for removing the most :thumbup

I've seen systems with over 1000 items :wacko:

i have seen some really disturbing scenes of spyware tottaly demolishing a windows installation -

my friend who is no as computer litterate as me has reinstalled windows himself without taking any antispyware precautions -

and i know that if you install winxp and have a net connection some spyware will corrupt your installation and can even intergrate itself into the kernel or some crap like that -

because when i was at his house and tried to use winpatrol - which is absolutely the dog's danglies since it allows you to delete iexplore core attachments - like seachbars and so on it really helps - and informs you when ever a program is putting itself into the startup.... anyway i could not install it because it kept giving error winnt 16 bit .... close and ignore buttons ..

so i had to find an alternative to free his computer...

hijackthis is neat but very brute - if you dont know what is what you might mess things up...

but yeah i say spybot 1.4 then run winpatrol or hijack this also going into safemode and rerunning these apps makes sure you can get rid os them and there not going to be started