FWIW, I have no idea how much Thorium and Supermium can be considered to be 'clones'.
As far as I'm concerned if they were clones they would be identical, and that they are not!
Although they look so similar they must have both started from the same base, they have different developers working on them, so they have diverged.

I'm still very grateful (and still astounded!) that they both work on Windows XP, albeit with some issues, using such a recent Chromium version.
A few years ago, I'm sure we all thought that would be absolutely impossible!

I'm sticking with Thorium now, although still keeping an eye on where Supermium is going too of course.
Thorium has a couple of facilities now that I was really missing after using 360Chrome, natively keeping the browser open when the last tab is closed, without having to use an extension to do it, and double-clicking to close tabs, which I use all the time, and I first got used to back in the days of Presto Opera!

The only important (to me) thing still missing is a setting to always open bookmarks in a new tab, which you could also do on 360Chrome.
I hate it when you click on a link and it overwrites the current tab.
I know you can do it with middle click and the right click menu, but I got used to opening bookmarks automatically in new tabs without having to think about it!
There doesn't seem to be an extension which will easily and simply fix that, not that I've found, anyway.

I'm very pleased that both the Thorium and Supermium developers seem to now be committed to producing un-Googled versions.
For those that want that, I hope they don't have to wait for too long.

:)

49 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

FWIW, I have no idea how much Thorium and Supermium can be considered to be 'clones'.
As far as I'm concerned if they were clones they would be identical, and that they are not!
Although they look so similar they must have both started from the same base, they have different developers working on them, so they have diverged.

I'm still very grateful (and still astounded!) that they both work on Windows XP, albeit with some issues, using such a recent Chromium version.

I'm sticking with Thorium now, although still keeping an eye on where Supermium is going too of course.
Thorium has a couple of facilities now that I was really missing after using 360Chrome, natively keeping the browser open when the last tab is closed, without having to use an extension to do it, and double-clicking to close tabs, which I use all the time, and I first got used to back in the days of Presto Opera!

The only important (to me) thing still missing is a setting to always open bookmarks in a new tab, which you could also do on 360Chrome.
I know you can do it with middle click and the right click menu, but I got used to opening bookmarks automatically in new tabs without having to think about it!
There doesn't seem to be an extension which will easily and simply fix that, not that I've found, anyway.

I'm very pleased that both the Thorium and Supermium developers seem to now be committed to producing un-Googled versions.

Hi.

If you need to block Google services you can make up for it with various filter lists found in Filterlists.
Check which one is best for your needs.

In the image I have included a filter in software (choose your adblock) then you can search for “Google”:

1.jpg

17 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

On my XP x64, rebasing 360Chrome .dll's actually MADE MY FIRST LAUNCH TIME WORSE.

So I actually NEVER rebase my .dll's!

Honestly, something strange is going on, do you drag the same nlited ISO across all of your hardware? None of us here have the same problem with either this or the first launch.

1 hour ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

Hi.

If you need to block Google services you can make up for it with various filter lists found in Filterlists.
Check which one is best for your needs.

In the image I have included a filter in software (choose your adblock) then you can search for “Google”:

1.jpg

Thanks, that's good to know, although personally I'm not worried about my browsers being 'Googled'.

Just going back to the Digital Spy forums site again (sorry!)
It's a good example of a site with missing icons, too.
This is Supermium -

Supermium1.thumb.jpg.cef8e6068fef2e1854550cf46cf8c047.jpg

and this is Thorium -

Thorium1.thumb.jpg.a00cc2e34108e9e2680a9c53194d30a5.jpg

Likewise at the bottom of the same page.

Supermium -

Supermium2.thumb.jpg.e5e5dd2f53e2803b4524baac287c957b.jpg

Thorium -

Thorium2.thumb.jpg.a37e4a80fc26aebc741f69004e31816e.jpg

Quite why Thorium should have such problems with this site, when Supermium doesn't, is a bit of a mystery to me, and certainly proves that the two browsers are not 'clones'!
:D

@Dave-H

Usually that “problem” is associated with blocking/malfunctioning of remote fonts.

If you block in UBO (Supermium) remote fonts (click the mouse where I inserted the arrow) you will get the same layout:

2.jpg

You can open an issue in Github to notify of this glitch.

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

3 hours ago, Dave-H said:

It's a good example of a site with missing icons, too.

Looks like win32 added the proper dreaded emoji font or whatever they call it, and thorium didn't.

19 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Thorium takes 31 seconds to load, once that is over and I do something else, the browser loads just fine in a reasonable manor. Again, rebase the dlls; no?

No. Defrag the drive or run from RAM disk. Unfortunately, only loading all needed files will get everything into the disk cache.

Scanning the app folder should help. Try Dependency Walker (or ImportPatcher for 32-bit apps).

18 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

On my XP x64, rebasing 360Chrome .dll's actually MADE MY FIRST LAUNCH TIME WORSE.

So I actually NEVER rebase my .dll's!

Rebasing also scatters the files on the disk. Try defragging after modifying files.

13 hours ago, Dave-H said:

..I'm still very grateful (and still astounded!) that they both work on Windows XP, albeit with some issues, using such a recent Chromium version.

Oh yes yes sorry if I also didn't give that impression - very grateful to have options going forward if my computers are still running when 360 Chrome becomes unusable.

14 hours ago, Dave-H said:

HA, not like you, I like the way to use middle click to open link in a new tab, and also I use middle click to close the tab