ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2044 rebuild 2

3 hours ago, Dave-H said:

That certainly needs checking, there's nothing worse for degrading display quality on a flat screen monitor than not running it at its native panel resolution!
FWIW, I'm using version 2036 at 1920x1080, 60Hz. I am using 120 DPI 'large fonts', with a VGA connection when using my old ATI card.
Fonts all look absolutely fine.
:yes:

Dave, you're absolutely right! 60Hz is definitely the right frequency for such flat screens of that era, even if they can do 75, it usually leads to reduced quality.

8 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Dave, you're absolutely right! 60Hz is definitely the right frequency for such flat screens of that era, even if they can do 75, it usually leads to reduced quality.

I have now set it to 60hz.
Could PWM also be a problem here? I have set the brightness to 55%.

2 hours ago, Anbima said:

I have now set it to 60hz.
Could PWM also be a problem here? I have set the brightness to 55%.

My monitor brightness is at 4, yes, at 4, contrast at 18. Nvidia panel is at 5 brightness and 2 contrast.

8 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

My monitor brightness is at 4, yes, at 4, contrast at 18. Nvidia panel is at 5 brightness and 2 contrast.

Is it 4% or a setting value of 4?
I can set 0-100%.
With Nvidia panel the setting value is also from 0-100%.
What ranges can you set?

4 hours ago, Anbima said:

Is it 4% or a setting value of 4?
I can set 0-100%.
With Nvidia panel the setting value is also from 0-100%.
What ranges can you set?

It's at value of 4. With Nvidia panel the setting value is also 5 or 4. My monitor was very bright at its default values of brightness 50 and contrast 50, too.

I have a 24 inch Fujitsu Siemens from 2006. (It a has a Philips panel inside). All German assembly. The current refresh rate I use is 60HZ.

Soon to be two decades old, runs like a clock, I may recap it later (change capacitors). It's hard to buy German made caps nowadays.

• 2 weeks later...

I use Chrome Font Super Enhancer on Chromium variants that aren't Edge to improve font legibility. Still, it doesn't work for some sites/fonts for whatever reason, eg.:

spacer.png

Edge:

spacer.png

Pale Moon:

spacer.png

I can't get that contrast with ClearType settings on XP. I remember messed with ClearType settings in the browser, must have been Serpent 52, but they didn't do anything either. Nothing works on XP these days.

That extension does, at least the older version, unsure about the current, would have to check, but last time I checked, it worked in Chromium 86 based browsers - OS shouldn't matter.

Edited by UCyborg

18 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

...I can't get that contrast with ClearType settings on XP. ...

Hi UCyborg..

I usually have to change the ClearType settings daily because my vision changes all the time and I can't wear my glasses if I sit too close to my crappy monitor.

Edited by XPerceniol

When was the last time you visited optometrist? :dubbio:

On the unrelated note, looking at those images I posted on the site as-is, default 100% zoom, they're definitely a bit sharper in Pale Moon. I've read complaints about Chromium blurring images, but didn't pay much attention to it, especially since I don't do general browsing on Chromium (at least most of the time on PC), it's mostly reserved for resource intense web-based apps.

Edited by UCyborg

360Chrome on Vista (should be only GDI, which looks about the same on XP here), no extension:

spacer.png

While this one comes out nicer, fonts in general look all over the place when running on an old OS, some too thin, some too bold, others are edgy. Fonts below for instance look way different than on browsers running on recent Windows versions (I'll post the other image later - done):

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hm, could've sworn differences on this site were more pronounced a while ago. That and it doesn't look quite right when captured on the image.

Edited by UCyborg

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2023 at 7:41 PM, dmiranda said:

True that. Enhancer for YT still does the trick in 360chrome. Thanks, @Dave-H

As per its creator, "Distribution of Enhancer for YouTube™ temporarily stopped!
Due to the countless changes that the YouTube developers have made, Enhancer for YouTube™ is now completely broken for Firefox (partially works for Chromium based browsers) so I had to pause its distribution. A huge amount of work is necessary to fix all the issues so don't expect a new version to be released in the upcoming days. Please do not contact me for an estimated date of release, I don't have one." https://www.mrfdev.com/enhancer-for-youtube 

PS: enhancer for youtube works well in mypal68 too.

In case any of you missed it, Enhancer for YouTube has been updated.

The manifest's Chrome min-ver is v120 but I've been using in Ungoogled v114 and everything seems to be working.

Thanks for that. Off topic: funny thing, really, because of (what I consider) spyawre restrictions I imposed on mozilla hybrids, I cant install or download mozilla extension in hybrids. I have to go to chrome hybrids to download, and then install in mozilla. And the other way around. Damn kids can only play ball in their terms, only to be circunvented.

I always fire up a VM with "real" Chrome (instead of Ungoogled Chrome or 360Chrome), go to the webstore and install an extension "Get CRX", then download the actual .crx.

That is, unless it is already archived at Crx4Chrome (which Enhancer for YouTube was not, at least not a few days ago).

I'll be updating my 360Chrome's Enhancer for YouTube over the weekend, I suspect the updated version will be just fine with v86 but I have only ran it in v114 despite it citing minimum is v120.

11 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I suspect the updated version will be just fine with v86

I can confirm that Enhancer for YouTube v2.0.122.1 works perfectly fine in v86 once you drop it back down to MV3 MV2.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames