ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2044 rebuild 2

5 hours ago, Dixel said:

This picture is far less bright than the one with 13.5, it's blurry and has less contrast, it is heavily aliased, also looks like the driver applies AA gamma correction. 

The pictures were taken one after the other on the same PC without changing any settings.

5 hours ago, Dixel said:

@Anbima, is this what it looks like for you? If no, then switch to disabled - to get the fonts smoothing. Though, from what I know, it should have no effect on XP.

I have already done this, but there is no change.

5 hours ago, Dixel said:

Honestly, I didn't like both. You may try to play with nVidia settings. For example, try to turn off anti-aliasing gamma correction, not sure if it will make a huge improvement in a browser, but fonts in games look less blurry with this setting off.

I would also like it to be better.
I can't find anti-aliasing gamma correction.
I only have the "gamma" setting and I can change this, but it doesn't get any better.

Where can I find this setting?
Or do you have another suggestion?

7 minutes ago, Anbima said:

Is there a corresponding opposite command for 13.5?

No.  What you are seeing with that is basically security "rules" changing and header rules being used differently when Chrome v69 (360Chrome v11) was released in late 2018 versus when Chrome v86 (360Chrome v13 and v13.5) was released in late 2020.  In the world of web browsers, a LOT can change in two years.

3 hours ago, Anbima said:

I would also like it to be better.
I can't find anti-aliasing gamma correction.
I only have the "gamma" setting and I can change this, but it doesn't get any better.

Where can I find this setting?
Or do you have another suggestion?

Go to Manage 3D settings, it's there for me.

Screenshot Nvidia.png

The pictures were taken one after the other on the same PC without changing any settings.

That confirms what I've been saying about different levels of brightness/contrast in different versions.

You're not the only one who is not satisfied with chromium/windows7 fonts, look here.

""So the year is 2023 and MS Edge still seems to be the only Chromium-based browser that follows Windows settings for font-rendering...""

https://msfn.org/board/topic/185877-changing-sk_gamma_contrast-without-recompiling-chromium/

Yes, I know about browser not being 3D, still nVidia driver seems to apply these settings and render it as if it was a 3D app. It even suggests to choose those options for each of my browsers individually.

That is already the case.
What does that look like for you and what settings do you have?
Can you send a BMP image?

I use 13.5.1030, and the fonts look very good, maybe 13.5.2044 isn't for your system after all.

The fonts look like here. The settings I use is in the image I already sent (here).

Sorry, can't send BMP - the limit is up.

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

That said, I personally kind of "regret" ever releasing a 2044 - it (and 2036 and 2022) really is (are) INFERIOR to 1030.

I told you many times about 1030 being superior. What can I say, we all learn something, I guess, I spent several years before I found the right driver for me,:lol:

But hey, no one stops you from those topics getting deleted.:cheerleader:

1 minute ago, Dixel said:

But hey, no one stops you from those topics getting deleted.

Disagree!

Browser choice is always ALWAYS ALWAYS a matter of PERSONAL PREFERENCE.

Those that want to use v11, v12, v13, v13.5.2022, v13.5.2036, v13.5.2044, v13.5.1030, you name it, is all up to THEIR PERSONAL PREFERENCE.