Supermium

5 hours ago, D.Draker said:

On which OS this exact error you observed?

I can take a wild guess - the OS is XP, I fail to understand why not just leave it be, that member had been explained many times - there's no such thing as "DirectX10 on XP".

Win32 wrote on github - everything in Supermium falls back to DirectX9 while on XP.

9 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Overall working well here with 3BG of RAM (Pentium D) on youtube most of the day - I'm very impressed - thank you!

So it paid to wait. Happy for you.

that thread function just set attributes if i see it directly without going into detail i would suspect it´s predecessor is CreateThread

and createthread has higher tier function after that called ZwCreateThread or NtCreateThread

// attributes :

InitializeObjectAttributes(&ObjectAttributes, NULL, 0, NULL, SecurityDescriptor);

// the thread function :

Status = ZwCreateThread(&Handle, THREAD_ALL_ACCESS, &ObjectAttributes, ProcessHandle, &ThreadCid, &Context, &InitialTeb, CreateSuspended);

that _except_handler4_common is a exception handler

an exception handler apears when a bad memory access has happend (what not must even happen)

any exception handler (and xp has this so do win98 or win2000) can be used for that

we dont need that certain version ...

for processes it´s Createprocess

here the same thing happens we actually dont need the vista structure what maybe has 1 difference (startupinfo to startupinfoex) 

those 1 extra field is for misc stuff, not for its purpose (just to start a new app/process) - that can be done without that too 

chrome probaly use it to create new open "tabs" , nor it need that function InitializeProcThreadAttributeList to function 

that is probaly just a check if that function was set , then returning a error - that certainly can be reprogrammed

again this extra info is not needed to start a such tab 

14 hours ago, dmiranda said:

I get "The procedure entry point _except_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll"

Hi @user57, I thikn you are referring to this error. It happens to me quite often because I use a modded Directx10 in XP, https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/DirectX-10-for-Windows-XP.shtml

Most of those errors result from programs that call dwmapi.dl, which in turn, I reckon calls msvcrt.dll, generating the error. Replacing it with dwmapi.dll mod in xompie makes most of those errors disapear.

But some programs (zoom, now supermium) call msvcrt.dll directly, I guess, generating the same inconsequential error. If I undestand you correctly, you say that "any exception handler (and xp has this so do win98 or win2000)" can solve for that, but I don't know what app or hack would allow me to do that. In any case, as you say it is of no consequence whatsoever for the browser once the error is clicked away (which I do with the freeware version of PTFB, https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/ptfb_(push_the_freakin_button).html).

Noname.jpg

Noname.png

Edited by dmiranda

well the one-core-api has this function, it could be added to that msvcrt.dll 

there some ways to do so 

but it useally dont end with just one function

but since chrome is open source why not just adding an exception handler at the place where chrome wants to have one

it might can be ignored either, if that problem apears the app useally crash anyway - even with an exception handler

1 hour ago, user57 said:

but since chrome is open source why not just adding an exception handler at the place where chrome wants to have one

It's probably not in the source code, but inserted by the compiler for try-except blocks.

2 hours ago, jumper said:

It's probably not in the source code, but inserted by the compiler for try-except blocks.

that would make sence too, but then again , exactly this existing already in the past

and then we have the same answer "every exception handler can do this - not only the except_handler4_common"

21 hours ago, VistaLover said:
23 hours ago, dmiranda said:

and also a debug message:

"[ERROR:crashpad_client_win.cc(476)] InitializeProcThreadAttributeList (size): The specified program requires a newer version of Windows. (0x47E)"

(redacted)

InitializeProcThreadAttributeList requires Vista SP2 as "minimum supported client" :( ...

This crashpad crash under Windows XP has been fixed, for now in source code, only

https://github.com/win32ss/supermium/commit/08170feefcfbcd750b377d4c11a4efc67279ed9e

No binary fix available yet; the next "hotfix" release should incorporate it, hopefully ;)..

5 hours ago, user57 said:

s existing already in the past

Actually, with 121, exactly same settings-set up, I didn't get this. It is something that comes up with 122.

Is this a right place to submit bug reports?

My issues are with GDI rendering, it got better after the last update, but it's still not quite there yet.

I've attached several screenshots.

GDI3.png

GDI2.png

GDI1.png

On 3/6/2024 at 2:46 AM, dmiranda said:

(even without installing the NotoEmoji.font that comes with the installer).
Nevertheless, I still placed it in windows/fonts. It shouldn't hurt to have it

The initial implementation has issues correctly displaying emojis under Windows XP, e.g. on GitHub

https://github.com/win32ss/supermium/issues/333

A hack-y "fix" ;) has been made available by the author: 

https://github.com/win32ss/supermium/issues/333#issuecomment-1982403569

(will ONLY render monochrome emojis in Win<8.1 :()

Edited by VistaLover