Supermium

11 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Ah!  So it's the BACKGROUND and not the FONT?

Answered this question for one millionth time, just three pots above yours. You'd probably see it, if reduced your one word or one emoji postings. Like "nope". or  ":buehehe:"

Explained the issues in details here and here.

4 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Vivaldi has it and while the rest of the UI is still custom rendered like Chrome, it's much expanded functionality-wise compared  So it could be done, but people would always find something to complain about.

And because of that glued upon UI, Vivaldi is heavy. I don't want Supermium be like Vivaldi. I'm perfectly fine without that custom UI, in fact, I'd like to see a clear, de-cluttered UI.

19 hours ago, 66cats said:

Curious factoid: Supermium renders *some* fonts with grayscale anti-alising where other browsers, e.g. Mypal, use cleartype. No idea if this has anything to do with perceived 'brightness,' but a verifiable difference. BTW, this happens only on some sites/fonts, Google results, for instance, appear in cleartype.

To me, it seems anti-aliasing simply doesn't work in Supermium at all. Could be due to the fact of messing around with Dwrite.dll to make it able to run on XP.

Here's a screengrab from my Ungoogled 111 with normally working anti-aliasing. No read areas around letters, no over-brightness, no excessive blurriness.

There was an error displaying the search results. Please try again..png

On 2/7/2024 at 12:50 AM, Dixel said:

Around "Supermium" we can see ugly, thick, red, blurry areals.

Perhaps off-screen compositing is using a YUV color space or other compressed bitmap to reduce memory consumption.

On 2/7/2024 at 8:10 PM, D.Draker said:

Here's a screengrab from my Ungoogled 111 with normally working anti-aliasing. No red areas around letters, no over-brightness, no excessive blurriness.

There was an error displaying the search results. Please try again..png

Looks good! That's what I'd like to achieve with Supermium, thanks.

11 hours ago, Jody Thornton said:

Wait!  Isn't this an off-topic comparison to another browser?

Dixel!  For Shame!  Terrible  :D :P

Why would comparing it to something of relatively close versions be off-topic? Win32 declared officially, he started following the Ungoogled path.

It's not when someone compares it to Firefox or 360.

47 minutes ago, Dixel said:

Why would comparing it to something of relatively close versions be off-topic? Win32 declared officially, he started following the Ungoogled path.

It's not when someone compares it to Firefox or 360.

I dunno - doesn't sound consistent to me.  I think you are trying to dictate terms here, and I don't see "Admin" by your name.  The difference in versions of Chromium (360 vs Supermium) is neither here nor there.  You and your pack are the only ones making a huge deal of this.  No one that has been here for any significant amount of time has any problems with the "issues" you have with our comparisons.  I think we'll all just go on and post how we want.  Anyway, it was noted that Dibya started this thread any way, not Win32.  So let's agree to co-exist cordially, shall we?

3 hours ago, Jody Thornton said:

I dunno - doesn't sound consistent to me.  I think you are trying to dictate terms here, and I don't see "Admin" by your name.  The difference in versions of Chromium (360 vs Supermium) is neither here nor there.  You and your pack are the only ones making a huge deal of this.  No one that has been here for any significant amount of time has any problems with the "issues" you have with our comparisons.  I think we'll all just go on and post how we want.  Anyway, it was noted that Dibya started this thread any way, not Win32.  So let's agree to co-exist cordially, shall we?

Right, unfortunately, looks like you still don't know.

In fact, it's very consistent. If you took your time to read on-topic posts, you'd see - the our "pack", the pack of on-topic, polite people, like 66cats, for example, already explained in technical terms.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/185045-supermium/?do=findComment&comment=1259864

Edit: Is there anything you could contribute to the discussion in technical matters/terms, apart from investigating/claiming "whose" this thread is? Thank you.

Edited by Dixel

For those with font-antialising issues in nvidia set ups in XP, you may consider finding and using nvidiaProfileInspector 3.5.0.0 by Deadmanwalking-TO Github.

Reason for edit: I will take this with cordial spirit.

Edited by dmiranda

1 hour ago, dmiranda said:

For those with font-antialising issues in nvidia set ups in XP, you may consider finding and using nvidiaProfileInspector 3.5.0.0 by Deadmanwalking-TO Github.

And change what exactly? How does it effect GDI rendering? I wonder if the program even works with driver 355.98. NVIDIA's graphics drivers for XP are such a crapshoot. You have to be a programmer to even set display scaling, which I didn't know it was possible until I recently found some old NV API docs from around 2005.

45 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

And change what exactly? How does it effect GDI rendering? I wonder if the program even works with driver 355.98. NVIDIA's graphics drivers for XP are such a crapshoot. You have to be a programmer to even set display scaling, which I didn't know it was possible until I recently found some old NV API docs from around 2005.

I don't know about w10. I don't use what I (and most serious governments in the world) consider spyware. For what I know, XP accepts up to 320.92 drivers, and with that environment, the nvidiaProfileInspector version I mentioned serves me well. At least I don't suffer migraine by looking at a browser, can watch all movies I want, etc., etc., etc.

For win10 and 355.98 you should do your own research, in most recent versions of nvidiaProfileInspector (https://github.com/Orbmu2k/nvidiaProfileInspector/releases). I can;t help with what I don't use.

As per settings for xp, I'd be happy to share them, with XP, vista and maybe 7 users, if they were to ask with a minimum of politeness.  

PS: why are we assuming it is a GDI matter, anyway? As somebody already suggested, it may well be an issue up to an optometrist, for all we know.

Edited by dmiranda

4 hours ago, dmiranda said:

I don't know about w10. I don't use what I (and most serious governments in the world) consider spyware.

And which governments that may be?

I don't know about w10.

@UCyborgwrote about XP, no 10.

For what I know, XP accepts up to 320.92 drivers,

XP accepts up to 368.91 drivers, strange you don't know

For win10 and 355.98 you should do your own research, in most recent versions of nvidiaProfileInspector (https://github.com/Orbmu2k/nvidiaProfileInspector/releases). I can;t help with what I don't use.

You can't help with anything when you missed even the basic description for what they are for, despite it was written by the developer.

"This tool is used for modifying game profiles inside the internal driver database of the nvidia driver. All game profiles are provided by the nvidia driver, but you can add your own profiles for games missing in the driver database"

https://github.com/Orbmu2k/nvidiaProfileInspector