Supermium

11 hours ago, Jody Thornton said:

eye fatigue

If brightness bothers you, try Dark Reader -- an extension that turns black text on white background to light text on dark background, e.g. from this to this. Might make the browser slightly laggier with just 2GB, but i doubt it.

Edited by 66cats

16 hours ago, Jody Thornton said:

Although 360 does allow tables under the address bar 

I couldn't find any visual theme for Supermium 121 akin to this one.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/184266-arcticfoxienotheretoplaygames-360chrome-v1351030-rebuild-7/?do=findComment&comment=1239611

all of the ''classic'' style themes available in the chrome web store look awful to my eyes. :angry:

I've tested the first X64 v121 release under Virtualbox with Xp64 and 2 Gb RAM, it's working.

I've read it exist updates, but you've lost me, what is working or not with my VM or it is better to wait for an other V121 update?

On 2/2/2024 at 9:27 PM, Dixel said:

Don't even start :buehehe:, I can write poems about how win7 sucks, we can go a long off-topic way.

one of the several reasons why I don't like W7 at all.... :realmad: 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-manually-arrange-folders-in-windows-7/91d630f0-c18d-4eaa-889b-e0ecaffa5a94

is there a good file manager out there similar or with the simplicity of the XP built-in one  ???

11 hours ago, Jody Thornton said:

This was in response to Dixel's inquiry.  Maybe he will see it.  I'm good though :)

Thank you very much, Jody, I'll test with another PC. I wonder, could this be GPU related? I have nvidia on all of my computers.

10 hours ago, Jody Thornton said:

That certainly could be true, but I compared these browsers (Supermium and MyPal 68) just now with Explorer++, Softmaker Office and Serpent 52, and I'm not noticing a difference.

All I can say is that out of all the options on this rather ill-equipped Vista notebook, Supermium really does run well.  Very snappy considering I only have 2 GB or memory.

Wow, Jody, great to hear and with only 2GB of memory :)

Both of my computers are "rather ill-equipped" so I can't blame Supermium.

14 hours ago, Jody Thornton said:

That's basically it for me too.  I really prefer the UI consistency between applications.  Chrome, when run on may xNix desktop environments, remedies this issue, but on Windows, Chrome/Supermium, and Microsoft Office Products are the biggest offenders in this area.

Then it's advisable to articulate what is it exactly you want the developer to do. Write only the technical details, without additional, emotional soap, then tag win32 so he could check the request. Obviously, tag only when it's really needed. Thanks.

Don't forget to include pics of how you want it to be. The same is when reporting issues.

Example. 

https://msfn.org/board/topic/185045-supermium/?do=findComment&comment=1259636

On 2/2/2024 at 2:54 AM, Milkinis said:

I have recently hunted the win32 ghost :rolleyes:

screenshot-21.png

Yep, I was thinking the same, looks like win32 don't respond here anymore, seems like he moved to github completely. Could be due to the reason of not so warm and unfriendly posts we can all observe here.

Generally, the atmosphere is not very welcoming, to say the least. All those unneeded comparisons and endless talks about chinese knock-offs...

17 hours ago, Milkinis said:

I couldn't find any visual theme for Supermium 121 akin to this one.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/184266-arcticfoxienotheretoplaygames-360chrome-v1351030-rebuild-7/?do=findComment&comment=1239611

all of the ''classic'' style themes available in the chrome web store look awful to my eyes. :angry:

The only solution for now is to run with dark theme flags. Besides, Supermium supports Aero, so what else is needed? Though, I wonder if there will be a customisation UI in the future. Like the one on Cent Browser.

--force-dark-mode

--enable-features=WebContentsForceDark

Without quotes or spaces!

On 2/3/2024 at 7:19 PM, Jody Thornton said:

Hey Dixel.  I have noticed no difference in brightness.  I am A/B testing between MyPal 68 and Supermium as I type this.  I do not notice at at all.

Hey Jody, many thanks for the time taken! I run x64 Vista SP2 with a very old nvidia card Titan 6gb (January 2013)/ Driver version 382.16 (the last one that works good with it), thanks to @D.Draker for porting it!

Supermium is terribly bright for me. I tried other drivers, all the same. Here I attach screens from chrome://gpu

Supermium is terribly bright with thick and heavy fonts. While the usual Chrome is fine.

Edit: I retried on another computer, all the same, it's brighter.

Chrome115.png

Supermium121.png

Edited by Dixel
added a better visible new screenshot from another PC

3 hours ago, Dixel said:

looks like win32 don't respond here anymore, seems like he moved to github completely. [...] Generally, the atmosphere is not very welcoming

Not totally, you can still come across him on Discord from time to time. The atmosphere is healthier there, and after all, well... sorry guys, but someone have to opens it (and nobody wants to, so I'll take the job and wear the hat of "the bad one" that ruins the mood) and seriously say it: some conflicts we can read on that forum are more similar to quarrels between schoolchildren than real dialogs between responsible adults, so I think that win32 is somewhat right to avoid such places, focus on his work and dialoging with others on more peaceful/serious-looking* places. We're mature people (at least, I hope), so I think we all can discuss in a better atmosphere, and express their disagreements as adults with adult-like wordings.

Nevertheless, on a in-topic and more positive note: A message he posted on Discord a few hours ago mentions the beginning of early experiments with Windows 2000 while he's waiting for people to try to replicate the remaining freezes in Windows 7 in order to fix them.

* DISCLAIMER: I do not put in cause the serious of some people here, don't make me say what I didn't say. I respect the work some may have and will done here. Also I don't focus anyone, after all we're all responsible about what we say on the Internet.