Supermium

1 hour ago, mina7601 said:

It still doesn't launch...

Hmmm ... working pretty well but youtube is very choppy but bare in mind mister blobfish is using pretty ancient hardware here so I'm surprised it did work on my system. VERY Impressive work on the part of the developer!

spacer.png

Edited by XPerceniol

1 minute ago, nicolaasjan said:

It doesn't work here either on XP SP3 x86.

Author has posted aan updated 'progwrp.dll' file (to be placed in System32), but that didn't solve the issue.

if it is creates dump files post them to the author

1 hour ago, XPerceniol said:

I just tried that and this is the error I get when trying to run (both) setup and mini installer.

Personally, I never run "installers".

In this case, you only need to use 7-ZIP (and extract TWICE).

The FIRST extraction will give you the progwrp.dll file, MANUALLY place that in the Windows\system32 folder.

The SECOND extraction will give you the Supermium files (that will not run unless you performed the MANUAL first extraction and MANUALLY placed the .dll into your system32 folder).

I only tried the 32bit just to see if it does "work" (it does!) WITHOUT the need of running an "installer".

image.png.1b92fcfae9b637f6b43b2345d3b8fcda.png

1 hour ago, athlonxpuser said:

that's still the installer. you have to extract it further until you have the "chrome-bin" directory with an executable called "chrome.exe" located in it.

Thank you very much. 

2 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Personally, I never run "installers".

The FIRST extraction will give you the progwrp.dll file, MANUALLY place that in the Windows\system32 folder.

The SECOND extraction will give you the Supermium files (that will not run unless you performed the MANUAL first extraction and MANUALLY placed the .dll into your system32 folder).

I only tried the 32bit just to see if it does "work" (it does!) WITHOUT the need of running an "installer".

image.png.1b92fcfae9b637f6b43b2345d3b8fcda.png

That is what I just did and it does work fine in fact (if Its OK with you) I'd like to use your loader. 

Edited by XPerceniol

12 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

I'd like to use your loader. 

I haven't tried it but go for it.  The "X-Chromium" loader should work also.

Until Supermium is "ungoogled", I don't plan on ever doing anything with it.

Making a "non-portable" a "portable" is extremely easy (as far as the Registry Writes and the User Data folder that it places in Local Settings\Temp\Supermium).

Cookies tied to a hardware ID is also some folk's definition of "portable", this one never concerns me so I'll leave that for others to decide for themselves.

15 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Still no luck...

Debug log:

[0127/124608.954:ERROR:registration_protocol_win.cc(136)] TransactNamedPipe: The pipe has been ended. (0x6D)
[0127/124610.456:ERROR:crashpad_client_win.cc(144)] crash server failed to launch, self-terminating

5 minutes ago, nicolaasjan said:

Still no luck...

Debug log:

[0127/124608.954:ERROR:registration_protocol_win.cc(136)] TransactNamedPipe: The pipe has been ended. (0x6D)
[0127/124610.456:ERROR:crashpad_client_win.cc(144)] crash server failed to launch, self-terminating

Yeah, same here, it doesn't work either...