Supermium

12 minutes ago, shelby said:

go to settings/ appereance/customize fonts to find it

Just the default fonts -- Standard & Serif: Times New Roman; Sans: Arial; Fixed width: Consolas; Math: Cambria Math. 

Edit: I guess what I'm missing is something called "FontAwesome."

Edited by 66cats

9 minutes ago, shelby said:

how did you fix it?

I didn't, that's Supermium running in W11 (not Vista). Back in Vista now. From what little i know about CSS, i guess the font i'm missing is something called FontAwesome. Googled/downloaded from https://fontawesome.com/v5/download & wanted to install, but it's not a regular TTF, just a bunch of .svg files. 

I can certainly learn to live with boxes :)

Screenshot_8.png

Edited by 66cats

14 minutes ago, 66cats said:

I didn't, that's Supermium running in W11 (not Vista). Back in Vista now. From what little i know about CSS, i guess the font i'm missing is something called FontAwesome. Googled/downloaded from https://fontawesome.com/v5/download & wanted to install, but it's not a regular TTF, just a bunch of .svg files. 

I can certainly learn to live with boxes :)

maybe this help
https://github.com/creationix/font-awesome/blob/master/FontAwesome.ttf

11 minutes ago, shelby said:

This could be faulty. 4.7 is available on fontawesome.com, too. Or look into folder webfonts of the ...web.zip's. There you find ttf. The question is also, whether you're the only one having the problem. I haven't installed Supermium, so I can't test and verify this.

5 minutes ago, schwups said:

This could be faulty. 4.7 is available on fontawesome.com, too. Or look into folder webfonts of the ...web.zip's. There you find ttf. The question is also, whether you're the only one having the problem. I haven't installed Supermium, so I can't test and verify this.

i have this problem too and i try to find what cause it. I installed both 5&6 but nothing happens and i don't lose the boxes like the other guy does

Edited by shelby

22 minutes ago, schwups said:

Uninstalled https://github.com/creationix/font-awesome/blob/master/FontAwesome.ttf (boxes returned); downloaded 'Free For Web' V6; installed (no change -- just boxes); ditto V5. The boxes are nothing more than a minor inconvenience, Supermium rules on Vista!

28 minutes ago, schwups said:

whether you're the only one having the problem

Not sure if this helps, but got several Vista installs (all x64, unmodded & extended kernel), Supermium behaves exactly the same in all of them.

Release notes say something about GDI rendering improving remote font rendering over Vista level DirectWrite, so I flipped that flag over in chrome://flags to force GDI. While they render then, it seems to cause some misalignment of fonts in general here, how they're positioned in 2D space.

2 hours ago, 66cats said:

Thanks! Assumed it was a font, but i guess those are icons? Any idea why they show up in 11 but not in Vista?

111.png

It's a font, actually. If you looked in inspect element, under:

.fa {

You will see that it says:

font: normal normal normal 14px/1 FontAwesome;